a stronger filter

Ayakaru.6583

Lately I've been losing a lot of pvp matches, shearly because of luck. At the start of the match, we will decide who goes to close node, and the rest will go to mid or do something else.The result however, is that there's always 1 or 2 people following the person going to the close node, causing us the lose the middle section right of the bat.Similarly, when I call out for people to help capture the bell, secure the skyhammer, or otherwise do something important, no one ever responds in word or action.

So I have come to two theories.

1. No one pays attention to the chat in PvP, making it almost impossible to play as a team.
  2. People without a basic understanding of PvP are allowed to queue for the ranked mode.

Suggestions to fix this:there's no fix for problem one, I use /say because it creates a speech bubble, increasing the chances of people hearing what I say.For 2, it can be fixed by a stronger filter. Right now, it's play 10 matches with people of completely random rankings, or complete newbies, but what if there was a filter that would prevent people from queueing for ranked mode without experience. say like..You must have 25 wins in unranked mode before you can queue for ranked. 25 wins seems like a very light barrier, as it will equate about 50 to 100 matches, thats should be doable in a week or two, and people who are new will have played at least 25 matches, experiencing the flaws of their builds, and knowing that capture points don't cap faster with more people.

Agree? Disagree?

Right now, I would be happy with literally anything that would filter out the people who don't even want to pvp, but just rake the rewards.

Speaking of rewards, if thats whats drawing in the people without experience, who then feel forced to queue ranked, maybe there should be a fraction of that reward in the unranked mode so people who don't like the competetive play, or can't keep up, still get some rewards without feeling forced to queue ranked mode.

I know players who have their chat disabled in PvP because of trash-talkers and I can't hold it against them, sometimes I'm tempted to do the same. I put up with it because I know opting out of chat could potentially lead to also missing important messages, so I just block the flamers regardless where they are (even same team).

For stuff like Capricorn I type 'bell' in team chat but also ping it, in hopes someone does actually see it. Another thing I find helpul is to say hello in teamchat at the start, if you get replies it's usually players with chat visible that are willing to work with you to succeed. On others maps, like Foefire I tend to write 1 person to double-up far with me then go lord, I don't call it on teamchat because I get everyone and we risk losing caps advantage.

It's not gonna help solve the communication issues you may encounter in PvP, but it should hopefully make things a bit easier in some of your matches.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Lately I've been losing a lot of pvp matches, shearly because of luck. At the start of the match, we will decide who goes to close node, and the rest will go to mid or do something else.The result however, is that there's always 1 or 2 people following the person going to the close node, causing us the lose the middle section right of the bat.Similarly, when I call out for people to help capture the bell, secure the skyhammer, or otherwise do something important, no one ever responds in word or action.

So I have come to two theories.

1. No one pays attention to the chat in PvP, making it almost impossible to play as a team.
  2. People without a basic understanding of PvP are allowed to queue for the ranked mode.

Suggestions to fix this:there's no fix for problem one, I use /say because it creates a speech bubble, increasing the chances of people hearing what I say.For 2, it can be fixed by a stronger filter. Right now, it's play 10 matches with people of completely random rankings, or complete newbies, but what if there was a filter that would prevent people from queueing for ranked mode without experience. say like..You must have 25 wins in unranked mode before you can queue for ranked. 25 wins seems like a very light barrier, as it will equate about 50 to 100 matches, thats should be doable in a week or two, and people who are new will have played at least 25 matches, experiencing the flaws of their builds, and knowing that capture points don't cap faster with more people.

Agree? Disagree?

Right now, I would be happy with literally anything that would filter out the people who don't even want to pvp, but just rake the rewards.

Speaking of rewards, if thats whats drawing in the people without experience, who then feel forced to queue ranked, maybe there should be a fraction of that reward in the unranked mode so people who don't like the competetive play, or can't keep up, still get some rewards without feeling forced to queue ranked mode.

The problem isn't that inexperienced or worse players are being allowed to play ranked. Those players should be ranked low and better players ranked high and they shouldn't really be playing with each other. That's the problem. Highly ranked players are playing with and against low ranked players it seems. This sucks for BOTH sides and both sides matter.

Why does this happen? That is the question.

Low population?MM pulling too wide a range of MMR?Ranked higher than you should be on a specific class (ie someone reached plat on Engi but should only be S3 on Ranger and is choosing to play Ranger)

I will say, I only see like 1 in 20 games where 2 people go home together. Sometimes 2 players will start to go home but one will usually peel off. And I cannot think of more than a handful of times someone has called out home and someone else has gone instead or gone with. I do see other mistakes like people zerging to contest a point that is currently 3v1 with the ally in a downed state. Or constantly going far and dying in a 1v1 instead of escaping and rotating. Or other poor decisions that allows the opponent to snowball. I don't think your solution will do anything to improve pvp quality but it will likely keep new players from joining. That isn't a good thing.

I watch the chat all the time and so do others however that doesn't mean we can always do what the person is asking. I've had people say fight on the points while I'm playing a longbow ranger glass cannon which the other team would kill me within seconds if I followed their advice.

There isn't a reason not to play rank other than it hurting your ranking. You get better rewards out of playing ranked mode then playing normal because you get extra chest.

Archived