Ruler of the Skies issues (Skyscale Rift Closing Achievements) - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Ruler of the Skies issues (Skyscale Rift Closing Achievements)

2>

Comments

• evlover.6270evlover.6270 Member ✭✭
    edited June 20, 2020

Still some zones bugging out. Doing all the Skyscale rider achies for completionists sake. So far I have done Kryta and Tarnished Coast without any trouble, moved onto Ruins of Orr and the three that I tried all bugged out (2 in Straits of Devastation and 1 in Malchors Leap) so I just moved on from Orr to Shiverpeaks and those seem to be working so far.

Edit: the issue is indeed not getting the Rift Resonance buff at the start as someone mentioned earlier. Had another issue during the Shiverpeak ones but going back to the start to interact again gave me the buff I should've gotten from starting it. Doing the Orr ones again now and some are fine first try now, while for others I have to wait for the chain of orbs to spawn till the first node becomes active again so I can re-interact to get the buff. Definitely not working as intended though :p

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

As I did this achievement already I can confirm that sometimes those rifts won't work properly. But there's a workaround for this problem:
    As you start the rift journey, there is a counter in your buff bar that should count the reached orbs. If it doesn't count, return to the start position and wait for the rift orb to respawn (about 30 secs). Then start again and the counter should do with the whole rift journey working.

Praise Joko! And Bangar, we need to talk!

• bobsort.4097bobsort.4097 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2020

Since nobody suggested yet, please check Ruler of the Skies in wiki to make sure the node in question is exactly what you are missing.

I am missing a node in Orr (Cursed shore 3) which doesn't trigger achievement even though it drops the mote. Also note that I do get the Rift Resonance buff at start and node count seems correct too, but still no achievement point

• What is the "fix" for this issue. I cannot get credit for Gendarran Fields/Cornucopian Fields. I have done all other Skyscale locations. https://imgur.com/RNu6U3f

• Hey there, sorry to necro a thread, but I'm still having these issues as well in Tarnished Coast. Supposedly I'm missing a rift in Metrica Province, but even if I make sure I have the buff for clearing it, it won't pop the achievement. I've tried going to other rifts in the Tarnished Coast region to see if it's a missed line of code that's pointing me at the wrong rift, or something, but to no avail. I'd rather not have to circle the whole world working for a single rift, so if this could get actually fixed it'd be appreciated...

• Having an issue currently with the rift in between Verdance waypoint and Jofast's waypoint in Cursed Shore. It's a short, straight line yet as soon as I get near the ending rift it decides to NOPE itself out of the conversation and doesn't give me the final Mistmote or achievement. Tried it several times in a row as well as after leaving the map to do other Orr rifts and came back, no avail. Going to try maybe when Verdance is uncontested??? And a few days in the future probably.

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

It is really badly made that you cannot see which one you suppose to be missing. Since I a missing none I have to assume that one is bugged or didnt register.. Doesnt help that you have to do an entire continent since you do not see which one it it....

• Ok I was having the same issue. I used my API key on the wiki to see exactly which one I was missing. I had 2 that were not giving an achievement. I parked a couple of alts there and every day I would do them just to see if it would randomly trigger. Today I went to help another player on the map before switching alts and came across one of the ones listed for me as complete on the wiki. I figured oh what the heck it's some extra shinies so I did the rift... and I got the achieve \o/ So as painful as it is folks maybe retry the rifts that share the same map and you'll get lucky too! I hope you do :)