About that new strike mission...

Yasi.9065

... could we please get a bigger indicator for the chains before they actually spawn? Not just the bomb icon - which lets be honest... with the way gw2 is overly particle-effect heavy just isnt visible enough.A yellow text in chat maybe a la sabetha bomb? Together with a "ping" audio indicator?And if we are close to a chain, can we get the golden aura from cairn/vg when standing in port circles?

To make it clear... its not about making things "easier".This is about keeping to the usual indicators. In raids, you get a "ping" when you have to carry out something. And if you are standing in some special mechanic that is dangerous, you get a golden aura.

The bomb indicator over head is new, and it is bad. On an asura theres simply no way of seeing it when stacking. And even on a norn its easily missed in the visual clutter that is gw2 cast animations.

It's pretty bad, especially on the last 25% when all the AoE turns intense.A BLUE chain on a BLUE background could really turn invisible to teammates, my pug squad stuck for an hour on the last 20%, before everyone gave up due to this, especially those melee classes just couldn't see this coming and got immediately wiped out.Next time we're going a full condi scourge team with gear check.

This and the Boneskinner, I don't see the point why making a strike mission harder than an average wing 4 boss, it simply force squad commander going back enforcing specific squad composition, and kicking those who doesn't have a proper class and follow the meta.

At the moment it looks like we getting to the Point that Strike Mission Achievements are needed for the Map/Story Meta Achievement.I chose to not Raid for personal reasons and now i have to do it for a Story Meta? Nope thx.

Tryed the new Strike Mission for around 2 Hours and we got it on 5% wit PUG. But like i said, i didnt chose to invest this amount of time, just want to do Story and Story Meta.

Little sad greeting.

@"Yasi.9065" said:To make it clear... its not about making things "easier".This is about keeping to the usual indicators. In raids, you get a "ping" when you have to carry out something. And if you are standing in some special mechanic that is dangerous, you get a golden aura.

The bomb indicator over head is new, and it is bad. On an asura theres simply no way of seeing it when stacking. And even on a norn its easily missed in the visual clutter that is gw2 cast animations.

But it is already using the usual indicators. Making them more visible /adding even more indicators does make things easier. I guess Anet should just hand out rewards per mail at this point. ;)

@Raknar.4735 said:

@"Yasi.9065" said:To make it clear... its not about making things "easier".This is about keeping to the usual indicators. In raids, you get a "ping" when you have to carry out something. And if you are standing in some special mechanic that is dangerous, you get a golden aura.

But it is already using the usual indicators. Making them more visible /adding even more indicators does make things easier. I guess Anet should just hand out rewards per mail at this point. ;)

I think you just have a different version of the client than me then. Because the only indicators I get are:

• bomb overhead (barely visible on small characters, it "hides" behind every other effect, including the overhead animations from firebrand and renegade)
  • chain itself

Nothing else. No audio queue. No text warning. No aura.

@Yasi.9065 said:

@Yasi.9065 said:To make it clear... its not about making things "easier".This is about keeping to the usual indicators. In raids, you get a "ping" when you have to carry out something. And if you are standing in some special mechanic that is dangerous, you get a golden aura.

I think you just have a different version of the client than me then. Because the only indicators I get are:
  • bomb overhead (barely visible on small characters, it "hides" behind every other effect, including the overhead animations from firebrand and renegade)
  • chain itself

Nothing else. No audio queue. No text warning. No aura.

No, i have the same indicators, and I honestly think it's enough. I'm not sure how it is on an Asura, since I only play humans, charr and sylvari.Paying attention is kind of a skill itself, adding sound cues or other warnings would just decrease the skill that is needed to complete the challenge.

I'm not opposed to making the indicator on asura as big as on other races, since that would only be fair.