Please give us ranged options for PvE

Amaranthe.3578

Currently Rifle/Bow are just too lame for general PvE. With a simple fix warrior can run around with actually decent ranged option.Suggestion : Allow the cracked shot trait to make the auto attack pierce. Even if just in PVE. PLEASE.I mean, at least make the rifle autos pierce since the bleed on the auto doesn't make any sense.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:Currently Rifle/Bow are just too lame for general PvE. With a simple fix warrior can run around with actually decent ranged option.Suggestion : Allow the cracked shot trait to make the auto attack pierce. Even if just in PVE. PLEASE.

It used to make all rifle rounds pierce. They nerfed it, so good luck getting that back.

You'll be better off asking for a Rifle rework.

In the meantime. Try to add sigil of celerity, and sigil of rage on the rifle or bow. Take Heightened Focus. Between those three sources of quickness you should be able to shoot your rounds off fairly quickly. If you spec into boon duration you'll be able to perma maintain quickness in PvE this way.

If you run Zereker, then Gunflame will proc sigil of celerity for you, otherwise take kick to help fuel it.

I play a Longbow Ranger quite a lot so I understand how extremely important piercing arrows are to my overall damage.

It's the difference between being able to hit Death Shatterer for around 35K per Rapid shot/Barrage combo.. or being able to hit him for 105K with the same combo..(Numbers vary based on crits, buffs etc)

Piercing allows you to hit multiple hitboxes on World Bosses, Drakkar being the latest example of where that comes useful.

Outside of world bosses you have groups of enemies you can slowely pick off one at a time or you can learn to position yourself and blast them all down at the same time with piercing arrows.This is why I disagree with anyone who says Ranger Longbow is a single target weapon.. it's not it maxes it's potental as an AOE weapon.

So yeah.. piercing attacks on ranged weapons are absurdly useful if not downright neccessary for said weapon to be in any way viable as a decent damage burst weapon.Every core class that uses Longbow and Rifle should have a trait that makes said attacks pierce.Likewise every elite spec that adds longbow or rifle should either have a trait that grants bouncing/ricochet arrows/bullet or piercing arrows/bullets or by default they should have one of those abilities like Dragonhunter LB does.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:Currently Rifle/Bow are just too lame for general PvE. With a simple fix warrior can run around with actually decent ranged option.Suggestion : Allow the cracked shot trait to make the auto attack pierce. Even if just in PVE. PLEASE.

It used to make all rifle rounds pierce. They nerfed it, so good luck getting that back.

You'll be better off asking for a Rifle rework.

In the meantime. Try to add sigil of celerity, and sigil of rage on the rifle or bow. Take Heightened Focus. Between those three sources of quickness you should be able to shoot your rounds off fairly quickly. If you spec into boon duration you'll be able to perma maintain quickness in PvE this way.

If you run Zereker, then Gunflame will proc sigil of celerity for you, otherwise take kick to help fuel it.

No idea why they nerfed it. At least piercing in PvE would be great. Perhaps a compromise like I offered could work - make only the autos pierce. Perhaps they can remove the bleed from the auto since rifle is power anyways in favour of piercing autos.

@Virdo.1540 said:Imagine having only one ranged weapon which is A*ss-slow and has the most annoying sound.... like the core rev/herald...

Not saying the hammer cant use any help. Im just saying the fix for the warr can be done very easily. We should speak out though, I once started a huge thread on the engi forums about how scraper has no identity and two weeks after we actually got the scrapper rework. Making big threads with good opinions and constructive criticism absolutely works

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:Imagine having only one ranged weapon which is A*ss-slow and has the most annoying sound.... like the core rev/herald...

Not saying the hammer cant use any help. Im just saying the fix for the warr can be done very easily. We should speak out though, I once started a huge thread on the engi forums about how scraper has no identity and two weeks after we actually got the scrapper rework. Making big threads with good opinions and constructive criticism absolutely works

Well then do you really think piercing alone is enough for LB and Rifle to raise to your expectations on what they should be doing regardless of game mode?

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well then do you really think piercing alone is enough for LB and Rifle to raise to your expectations on what they should be doing regardless of game mode?

No, but its an easy fix to at least make them fun for general PvE.

I dont see why not its PvE and at that OW PvE everything should be viable there.But are you sure its not viable generally you just need to do enough damage to tag things in metas. And for just solo content you can clear that with well timed dodges and autos.

But yeah if warrior rifle sucks in PvE anet should fix it. If its controlled PvE content like raids and fotm there should be a clear choice between good and bad builds and specialization that what the RP is in MMORPG.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@KeoLegend.5132 said:Try saying a Bowzerker condi that their bow sucks in open world. I double dare you

Well, it's not that good for open world since neither rifle nor bow pierce.

dude not only it pierces, it also leaves a friggin trail of fire that continously damage everyone that steps on it.i really dont understand what are you talking about. GW2 is not a game that you just press 1 and expect things to die.

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

@KeoLegend.5132 said:Try saying a Bowzerker condi that their bow sucks in open world. I double dare you

dude not only it pierces, it also leaves a friggin trail of fire that continously damage everyone that steps on it.i really dont understand what are you talking about. GW2 is not a game that you just press 1 and expect things to die.

In the OW?Yeah u can.Legit try it just stand still and auto it works and if it doesnt heal your self and do it.Legit are people really saying the PvE is hard in gw2?

If that doesnt work throw a dodge roll or 2. If its a world boss just back up a bit and afk ranged atk you'll get thru.

@Genesis.5169 said:

In the OW?Yeah u can.Legit try it just stand still and auto it works and if it doesnt heal your self and do it.Legit are people really saying the PvE is hard in gw2?

If that doesnt work throw a dodge roll or 2. If its a world boss just back up a bit and afk ranged atk you'll get thru.

Using dodges and other skills besides 1 is not playing with just one button pressed.Fail.

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

Using dodges and other skills besides 1 is not playing with just one button pressed.Fail.

Okay your a mesmer right if your power take out your gs goto new map do just stand still and auto lemme know results. If your condi your scepter. Cause i legit afk battled meta just now.

@RedShark.9548 said:Why would you want a ranged weapon for pve?Their dmg is mediocre at best.

Survivability.

Ranged weapons give you a lot of breathing room when you need to back off while also giving you the ability to continue dealing damage.As I said too Piercing arrows significantly increases the damage of Ranger's Longbow providing you use it correctly to hit multiple targets/hitboxes.RapidFire/Barrage is good for short bursts of ranged damage on multiple targets, specially with quickness.

Survivability is far more important in PvE than just raw damage imo, sure you can blitz through most weaker mobs but if you end up facing something strong that can tank your raw damage with no effort then that survivability becomes essential.This is why we regularly see so many getting downed over and over again in bounties, world bosses etc.Too glassy and not enough survivability against things that can facetank their super high damage.. and super high damage is only useful when you can apply it.

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

Youre talking about the rage burst skill of the bow. Even if we accept LB is fine, which I can see since it burns, The auto on the rifle is miserable. It doesn't pierce and it bleeds. Giving rifle auto the a ability to pierce might actually make rifle at least decent. Its not about everything dying with one button, a piercing auto on. a ranged weapon allows for a lot of comfort when tackling aoe situaions.

@Genesis.5169 said:Where's this hard OW pve guys im totally stumped on this what am i missing?

Many HoT mobs are hard.Pocket raptors for example. You can attack them with auto only and survive?

Okay, now PoF, can you auto those djinns that easily?

Or even in lake doric, can you still handle those centaur snipers with auto only?

When some say it's hard, it's really for a minor part overall.

LB isn't too bad, its 2-4 skills are pretty solid and some of them already pierce. Autos suck majorly though, and that's the only skill that it's dire need of adjustment IMO.

rifle honestly needs a full rework, its easily and by a huge gap the worst weapon in the game. slow, low damage, barely useful for control effects and while the combination of specific CC on it ARE useful combined together, the the bad numbers and short immobilise mean oftentimes it's just better to not do it at all (especially in open world). if the numbers were increased only then the CC effects on it could make it a very powerful weapon, therefore i think only total rework can save it.

@Lexi.1398 said:LB isn't too bad, its 2-4 skills are pretty solid and some of them already pierce. Autos suck majorly though, and that's the only skill that it's dire need of adjustment IMO.

rifle honestly needs a full rework, its easily and by a huge gap the worst weapon in the game. slow, low damage, barely useful for control effects and while the combination of specific CC on it ARE useful combined together, the the bad numbers and short immobilise mean oftentimes it's just better to not do it at all (especially in open world). if the numbers were increased only then the CC effects on it could make it a very powerful weapon, therefore i think only total rework can save it.

This. The AA on both weapons feel too slow. The immob on rifle 4 feels out of place with the evade. Would be better to swap the cripple and immob on rifle 2 and rifle 4. Rifle 5 needs adjusting so that it’s easier to hit with, it’s a forward aoe now, would be better as a 120 pbaoe.