What is "expansion level"?

They had said expansion level content with this new LW. I consider expansion level to be new e-specs or at least profession overhauls, content that affects how I play the game (e.g. gliding, mounts), content that affects all modes (new stats, skills, ect) and stuff of that like. The season..er...saga isn't done so I'll wait to throw any complaints/praises out until then but what do you consider to be expansion level? Have they delivered on that yet in your eyes?

Cake is a lie. Nice! :)

I think that they are planning to produce expansion-like content throughout the entire chapter. So, when this chapter concludes we will have that expansion-like content. It's just not all being released at one time, like it would be for an expansion.

Just my thoughts.

@"Zexanima.7851" said:They had said expansion level content with this new LW. I consider expansion level to be new e-specs or at least profession overhauls, content that affects how I play the game (e.g. gliding, mounts), content that affects all modes (new stats, skills, ect) and stuff of that like. The season..er...saga isn't done so I'll wait to throw any complaints/praises out until then but what do you consider to be expansion level? Have they delivered on that yet in your eyes?According to what they were saying during S2, all that is necessary for the content to be considered "expansion level" is for it to introduce new maps, and some QoL features. So far, IBS gave us 2 maps and template system, so by Anet's own definition it already qualifies.Personally, i wouldn't be counting on any especs or similar stuff - if anything, especs are likely one of the primary reasons why they'd rather give us the "Saga" (that's not associated yet with any specific content/mechanic promises) instead of an expansion (where especs would have been expected).

Tbh I laughed at that statement.. expansion level content.

Yeah sure we can get big story moments in the living world and we can get some expansion like content such as mounts, masteries and new maps but lets be real.

When people think of expansions they think.. several new maps, big new features, hours upon hours of new story content, tons of new weapons and armour skins to collect, new guildhalls, new pvp maps, new game modes..

Living World doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of delivering the kind of content dump that everyone expects from an expansion.. just never going to happen.And with Living world updates there comes an obligation every release to bring in more story, new locations, new collectables.. which means that most other expansion like content such as new pvp maps, guildhalls, elite specs, new game modes etc end up being left out because if a living world episode released without new story etc then most people would be furious and make claims like how can this be living world when there's no living world in it?

Fact is the episodic nature of living world is the opposite to what expansion content is.. living world simply cannot deliver the same experience as an expansion because of how it's released and how often it's expected to.Anet would need thousands more people working for them to be able to put out expansion level content every several months.. it's impossible.There's a reason expansions take so long to make and you can't emulate that experience with episodic content.

The living world is good for what it is.. but it isn't a substitute for expansions and I hope Anet understands and never forgets that.It's the whole reason why so many of us keep saying we want another paid expansion.Anet are giving us regualar free content.. and it's good content too but yet we keep asking for a big paid expansion.. because we want that experience that the living world just cannot provide.