So, Super Adventure Box 2020... — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

So, Super Adventure Box 2020...

Respects to Josh Foreman, SAB is an experience like no other, so I'm hoping to see some new content for it this year, even if it's just gem store items.

A lot of people were asking for purple varients of the SAB weapon skins during last year's festival, and since every festival so far has come with new weapon skins, I can't see a reason not to do the same for SAB, though I suppose since Crimson Assassin weapons are a thing, they already fit the role of "do dailies for x amount of days, get exclusive weapon skin on the xth time" achievement. Kaiser Snake weapon skins being a rare drop from the chests is also a thing, so I suppose the only way to include purple weapons would be to create World 3, which is ironically another "3" we won't see. But hey, if there's a new in-game achievement for earning purple weapons, that'd be swell.

SAB also seems to bring out the grumpiest side of GW2 players who love to complain about immersion breaking, which strikes me as odd because it's just as immersion breaking to use the real-life bathroom (which sadly doesn't have any infusion slots), and I assume it's because of that minority that we don't have SAB mount skins.

Last year we also got some unused weapons released. Can we expect to see the fire-sword this year? Or maybe even an SAB themed outfit?

Either way, Super Adventure Box is as hype this year as it is every year :)

Comments

• XenoSpyro.1780XenoSpyro.1780 Member ✭✭✭

Josh isn't on the team anymore. There is no 3.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Unless they've had one of their new teams work on that for a while this is never going to happen, sadly.

I rather choose death.

• LolLookAtMyAP.8394LolLookAtMyAP.8394 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020

No, not happening.

• Xenon.4537Xenon.4537 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020

I've been dreaming of world 3 since 2013. It's never coming...

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

ITS CALLED STUPID ASURA BOX!

• You're all so negative. There is always hope! If you don't like SAB, just shut up pls. Let us love it.

• Kunzaito.8169Kunzaito.8169 Member ✭✭✭

@Thundabolt.8541 said:
    the real-life bathroom (which sadly doesn't have any infusion slots)

But if it did, think of the choices you'd have to make!

Do you go with agony resistance? Are you willing to shell out for that +18?

How about swim speed infusion? Could be helpful to get things moving.

Or do you choose the WvW -damage from Lords and Supervisors? Keeps the boss off of you during your third Twitter bathroom break of the day.

My nominees would be:

Scariest Infusion: Chak
    Best for Kids: Festive Confetti
    Seasonal for Summer: Winter's Heart
    Seasonal for Winter: Ember
    Overall Winner: Peerless

Oh, and as far as stats go, although I gave serious consideration to Healing and Resilient, I think we can all agree that the best attribute for this application is "Precise," right?

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised they didn't go with SAB mount skins yet to be honest

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

Well, I still hope for SAB to maybe get a surprise. I still have a little bit of faith in anet. I love that seasonal event despite hating jumping puzzles.

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020

Still have a hope, that festival is awesome and unique. Of course haters gonna hate but lovers gonna love too. They added the coins races, some item upgrades and even some guild hall decos. ^^

I'm not against Sab mounts skins, they already released a chair. They can even make a cape like the one from that evil knight Lord Victus. If no world 3-4 they can at least bring back w3-1 with the genie. I would like to save mia :( . And the water level, and the mine, the castle!

It's a big waste, they could have finished it in 2015, if the kept the energy burst and intensive release of 2013-2014.
    RIP Josh Foreman, loved you so much for that festival you created.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kiyaira.4738 said:
    You're all so negative. There is always hope! If you don't like SAB, just shut up pls. Let us love it.

Not negative. Just voicing my opinion. I'm not advocating that it should be removed. If you love it, that's fine. I prefer that it be kept in it's own space and not painted all over the rest of the game. It's a Super Adventure BOX. Let it remain in the BOX.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

Considering they have added new jump puzzles in this Living World season, I can say that it is still possible for world 3 and it won't be bone crushingly annoying.