New Shiver Emote — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

New Shiver Emote

So we need to do 37 achievements for this emote. Anet why don't you give us the option to complete it like you did for the rockout emote in WvW?

<1

Comments

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Becouse its bugged

• Tony.8659Tony.8659 Member ✭✭

Oh what is bugged?

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tony.8659 said:
    Oh what is bugged?

Fixed an issue that blocked players from accessing the Bjora Marches Reward Track if they had previously unlocked it.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96243/game-update-notes-january-28-2020#latest

Might not be fully fixed if your still having problems hence bugged.

• Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020

EDIT: nvm found it

• @Linken.6345 said:

@Tony.8659 said:
    Oh what is bugged?

Fixed an issue that blocked players from accessing the Bjora Marches Reward Track if they had previously unlocked it.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96243/game-update-notes-january-28-2020#latest

Might not be fully fixed if your still having problems hence bugged.

I believe that is for the original one (which will not give the /emote). There is no new Reward Track for Bjora Marches (West).

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭

I too want it on a reward track!

Ah yes now I see the most recent update. Jan 30. Reward track added for Bjora but no emote for the completion. With that I say good job Anet. I see what you want, you want to force us to play the new Bjora map area for that emote. Thanks for giving us players a choice. With the rockout emote it was fine in the WvW/PvP reward track but now it's not?

• Jojo.6140Jojo.6140 Member ✭✭✭

A new reward track for this episode would be nice. I liked getting all those mystic clovers from the two previous reward tracks.

• @Tony.8659 said:
    Ah yes now I see the most recent update. Jan 30. Reward track added for Bjora but no emote for the completion. With that I say good job Anet. I see what you want, you want to force us to play the new Bjora map area for that emote. Thanks for giving us players a choice. With the rockout emote it was fine in the WvW/PvP reward track but now it's not?

It wasn't added, they fixed a bug with the previous Bjora Marches (East) reward track (which also didn't give an /emote, as there wasn't one offered for the Meta Achievement).

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't like the absence of a pvp reward track for that emote either.

Actually, I don't like having to unlock emotes at all.
    At least it's not as bad as in FF14 yet.

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

I agree, emotes as a reward seem wrong. I'd rather work towards titles. Still gonna do it but am not thrilled about getting an emote over equipment or really anything else.

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

An e-mote?? The game is really starting to disappoint with the latest map addition.

@Blude.6812 said:
    An e-mote?? The game is really starting to disappoint with the latest map addition.

They have done with the prologue map already.

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Blude.6812 said:

They have done with the prologue map already.

True, they seem to have lost their way.

Maybe Anet will come to their senses and have an update on Tues. that will add the emote to the reward tracks :D I really loathe doing 37 achievements for one emote., some I find just a grind and not so fun.

I don't even bother trying to get that emote, as long there's only that one source.
    I've done all the content (except some Koda trials I could not get to trigger) the new Episode can offer and maxed out the masteries.
    I'm not up for that tiresome grind.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2020

Its amazing that they keep forgetting to make it possible to get the meta reward without having to do every achievement. They regularly go back and adjust such things, so why insist on making it 100% at launch?

The game would progress so much faster if they didn't have to relearn mistakes so regularly.

• @Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    Its amazing that they keep forgetting to make it possible to get the meta reward without having to do every achievement. They regularly go back and adjust such things, so why insist on making it 100% at launch?

The game would progress so much faster if they didn't have to relearn mistakes so regularly.

There's 49 Achievements; you need 37. I'm not sure what you mean.

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Small correction: Only 45 of the 49 Achievements count for the 37 you need. Point still stands that there's more achievements than needed.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you. Umbasa.

• Yeah, I know they don't all count; but, enough do to give one options.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

"omg anet keeps giving us kitten looking armor skins that nobody wants in achievement metas for episodes"
    "omg anet gives us a kitten emote????"

Please...

I rather choose death.

Well after seeing how the emote actually looks, I'm not too interested.
    This is no way worth 37 achievements. Maybe 15. But they really should add it to the reward track when you complete it.

• Doggie.3184Doggie.3184 Member ✭✭✭

I was born with the ability to shiver.

edited February 3, 2020

@Raknar.4735 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Small correction: Only 45 of the 49 Achievements count for the 37 you need. Point still stands that there's more achievements than needed.

I should have been more specific with "every achievement without having to do Strike missions" since if you don't want to do strike missions then you have to do everything on the map. I don't consider Strike missions (raid like content) to be the same kind of content at PvE.

• rrusse.7058rrusse.7058 Member ✭✭✭

Do people not want new emotes or something? Or is it that they don't want new emotes as rewards for clearing a map/episode?

Would a new armor piece be preferred? Title or something new entirely?

Honestly I like the idea of new emotes being given this way, though I would like a reward track for those that PvP or WvW exclusively. The emote is thematic and fits the last two episodes as a whole. Perhaps the emote, plus an armor piece or a unique weapon to go with it would make the reward more compelling for other players?

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

Aint nobody got time for that. Time not equal to the reward. Reward track or some other reasonable method needs to be worked out. Lets be honest here its not that great to begin with.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

edited February 4, 2020

@rrusse.7058 said:
    Do people not want new emotes or something? Or is it that they don't want new emotes as rewards for clearing a map/episode?
    Would a new armor piece be preferred? Title or something new entirely?
    Honestly I like the idea of new emotes being given this way, though I would like a reward track for those that PvP or WvW exclusively. The emote is thematic and fits the last two episodes as a whole. Perhaps the emote, plus an armor piece or a unique weapon to go with it would make the reward more compelling for other players?

Emotes should be a staple of functions offered to players from the very beginning.
    They are basically hiding a way for players to express themselves behind some horrible, horrible grind.
    Simply giving a title like Master Grinder of the Eastern Bjora Marches would have been better.

Also, if you look closely, it says you get other stuff if you already obtained it, yet there is no other way to obtain it.

• rrusse.7058rrusse.7058 Member ✭✭✭

@Fueki.4753 said:
    Emotes should be a staple of functions offered to players from the very beginning.
    They are basically hiding a way for players to express themselves behind some horrible, horrible grind.
    Simply giving a title like Master Grinder of the Eastern Bjora Marches would have been better.

Also, if you look closely, it says you get other stuff if you already obtained it, yet there is no other way to obtain it.

Fair points. It's something Arenanet could work on. Is there anything else that is equivalent to a title or better that would suffice as a reward for doing nearly everything a map has to offer?

I will note that I didn't mention in my previous post that in Episode 1, while the final reward is a backpiece, the total rewards possible for the start of Bjora Marches is not bad and they all come from multiple achievements or tiers of the same achievement. Which I think is a great way to proceed instead of rewards being a binary thing. Like "Did you do the thing yet? Yes/No?"
    Yes = reward
    No = no reward

• Vash.2386Vash.2386 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2020

I can’t be bothered for that grind just for an emote. Kudos to you guys that do.

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

We should be able to do it by doing all the requirements just once. Not 30 times that's crazy. It's not an ascended weapon

• Complete a simple event just once? Use a skill just once? That's seems a bit too easy.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Doggie.3184 said:
    I was born with the ability to shiver.

lol

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

I should have been more specific with "every achievement without having to do Strike missions" since if you don't want to do strike missions then you have to do everything on the map. I don't consider Strike missions (raid like content) to be the same kind of content at PvE.

I also want to point out that at launch you had to get every achievement. They changed it in one of the patches.

Complete a simple event just once? Use a skill just once? That's seems a bit too easy.

It's around 20 or 40 achievements, done once for just an emote. Why should it even be hard to obtain? It's nothing more than a regular emote.

In Eso we get mementos, which are sole kind of animation or emote for stuff like beating a dungeon. Or relatively fast achievements, like recovering 15 lost treasures. In here we need to do like 30 achievements and do many of them 29 times. It's laughable.

• Curious why there wasn't this outrage for Grothmar.

edited February 9, 2020

Curious why there wasn't this outrage for Grothmar.

Most likely because there were optional ways to get the emote in Grothmar.
    This emote should have the options of doing WvW or PvP for it as well.
    The description even implies the existence of others ways to get it, but there are none.

• Cobra.6509Cobra.6509 Member ✭✭✭

First I have the emote and love it.
    Second you cant have this emote without striking some achievements in strikes missions which I find questionable.
    I understand Anet is trying to bring more players towards instanced content but related achievements, loot and some skins should be enough as incentive.
    Also I am 99% sure that next Tuesday Anet will lower requirements so everyone will get the emote without having to complete strikes missions.

• Well, I hope most will be satisfied if this emote can be earned from a WvW or PvP Reward Track.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2020

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

You still have to do a minimum of im counting 8 strike mission achievements to get the meta. Finishing all the map achievements left me with 29 achievements of the 37 required, im sitting at 31 of 37 having gotten two of the easy ones from the whispers strike though ive never been able to kill it. And with boneskinner being bugged out like it is i cant even get those achievements.

Frustrating as hell that they went this route.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

@Cobra.6509 said:
    First I have the emote and love it.
    Second you cant have this emote without striking some achievements in strikes missions which I find questionable.
    I understand Anet is trying to bring more players towards instanced content but related achievements, loot and some skins should be enough as incentive.
    Also I am 99% sure that next Tuesday Anet will lower requirements so everyone will get the emote without having to complete strikes missions.

actually, is anyone doing strike missions who isnt already a high tier fractal/regular raid runner anyway? Maybe, just maybe anet should stop trying to force people into instanced content they really do not want to do?

I do pve to relax. For excitement, I do wvw. I do not need 'raids', 'fractals' or 'strike missions'. Those are not relaxing. They are annoying on a good day and rage enducing frustrating messes on every other. So let those who like them do them. I am fine with that. I am NOT fine with anet trying to force me to do them to complete the story achievement. Strike missions are not story. They should NOT been put there. Put them under fractals or dungeons and be done with it.

I think 'questionable' is a very polite term to use here.

Um, yes, players are doing Strike Missions that don't do Raids or Fractals. At least one is; I've never set foot in a Raid, and I think I'm L2 in Fractals (I did two or three L1 Fractals a long, long time ago). I did the Whispers Strike Mission with a pug; didn't seem that difficult. It took us 4 tries; I think one player left after the second attempt. I'd guess the other players weren't Raid or High Fractal players either, because most of them went down quite a bit. But, maybe I was just lucky.

• FYI: Hidden achievement "Shadows Creep" also counts towards meta.

edited February 9, 2020

@Vences.7238 said:
    FYI: Hidden achievement "Shadows Creep" also counts towards meta.

My count above included all the hidden achievements that count. One still needs 8 strike achievements.

Edit: if every single achievement added in the release counted towards the meta(not including the Drakkar, or Skyscale ones, but the ones only in the story section) im seeing youd need about half the required strike achievements.

• @Dante.1763 said:

@Vences.7238 said:

My count above included all the hidden achievements that count. One still needs 8 strike achievements.

Edit: if every single achievement added in the release counted towards the meta(not including the Drakkar, or Skyscale ones, but the ones only in the story section) im seeing youd need about half the required strike achievements.

Anvil Drop and Bjora Marches Errant does not count.

@Vences.7238 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Vences.7238 said:

Anvil Drop and Bjora Marches Errant does not count.

Saddly they dont, i dont know why. itd be nice if they did.

• Well, Errant is only to unlock the previous Release's Reward Track, so I can see that one not counting.