new story chapter meta achievement only for raiders? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

new story chapter meta achievement only for raiders?

Comments

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

Let the 10 man instanced content have it's own rewards. Don't change the game at this point to require us to do ten man content and yes, I have some of those achievements from the strike. This isn't about my personal preferences. This is about fundamentally changing the game on people who liked it the way it was.

Migraine is a similar achievement. Why are you drawing an arbitrary line of acceptable content for meta achievements just because one takes 5 people and one takes 10?

You shouldn't. Migraine being in the meta was a really bad design, and a lot of players did tell Anet exactly that. And it seemed Anet listened, for a while at least... but it seems they've now forgotten the lesson they learned then.

And others felt that it was good design or had no opinion either way. You say “Anet learned their lesson” as if your opinion was the correct one.

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

Let the 10 man instanced content have it's own rewards. Don't change the game at this point to require us to do ten man content and yes, I have some of those achievements from the strike. This isn't about my personal preferences. This is about fundamentally changing the game on people who liked it the way it was.

Migraine is a similar achievement. Why are you drawing an arbitrary line of acceptable content for meta achievements just because one takes 5 people and one takes 10?

You shouldn't. Migraine being in the meta was a really bad design, and a lot of players did tell Anet exactly that. And it seemed Anet listened, for a while at least... but it seems they've now forgotten the lesson they learned then.

There's a big difference between "bad design" and "stuff I don't like:".
    Calling one the other and backing it up with rhetoric about learning lessons does not make it so.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

For me the best strike is grot. The chance get valuable box wiht 60-70g price, not long and not toxic. Not exist "raid style" achievements. And very strange that so many raid style achiv putted in living story.

• sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020

You guys know that you dont HAVE TO get all the achievements right?

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

• It is called an achievement ....

@aikatara.3462 said:
    If I've counted correctly you need around 6 strike mission achievements to get the Shadow in the Ice Meta Achievement. I am very discouraged at the moment. I play this game for 5+ years and getting all the LW story meta achievements was one of the long term goals I had. Looks like I can abandon this project. I am in a VERY small family guild, I very rarely play fractals, I have a fulltime job and other hobbies. It may be true that I may be simply not good enough as a player. Or simply don't have the time available that is apparently needed to go become good enough to go for achievemnts in GW2 nowadays. I am not interested in group instanced content like fractals or strike missions. But its perfectly fine if others are and they should get nice rewards for that. That I'll never get them is perfectly fine. But the story meta achievement should be doable by everyone. Sorry for the rant. I needed to get that off my chest.

Raiders have jobs, families, personal lives, and so on but manage to get where they are with the time that they have. All of that doesn’t matter though because these are strikes. They don’t require nearly that much effort as strikes despite what those jaded players, who probably never have done them, like to say.

Several of those strike achievements added can be done solo or without even needing to actually beat the boss.

• Lilyanna.9361Lilyanna.9361 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:
    Honestly, meta achievements need to be more forgiving in general, so you can avoid the dumber ones (timed achievements and "don't get hit by Boss Attack X" achievements, I'm looking at you!) and still do them.

It should not be easier to get living story rewards by doing reward tracks in PVP/WvW than the actual living story content, but it really really is.

Have you even tried to PvP???? If you lose back to back it is literally faster to do the content than to try and PvP through EIGHT HOURS of people that throw, rage, and cry about nothing. Don't assume.

~ Signed,
    Your local PvPer/PVEr

• SunTzu.4513SunTzu.4513 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020

The strike is not this hard imo. Done it with pug groups till now and accepted everyone, even a trailblazers bearbow last time. Took me between 2 to 6 try's to the kill on each run. Play the mechaniks clean (ppl running around with chains are the biggest bump imo) and try to dodge the obivious stuff, aka red circles and you will be fine. I will continuing to do this about one times a week just to show that everyone if he want to put a little effort in can get the kill and also do some of the achievements in the same time.
    Also if you never done content like this don't be shy to ask about it or to join a group. In the vast majority of the groups it's okay to be the newb. We all come from the start and if you just say it's your first time doing the strike in most cases it's oaky and you will get a short explanation what to do or don't!

edited February 3, 2020

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@Yasi.9065 said:

/edit: Also, please, stop trying to split the community. Strikes are for everyone. Raids are for everyone. Story is for everyone. If YOU refuse to do certain content doesnt mean that its exclusive to "labelX players". It is YOUR decision to ignore parts of the game.

Allow me to disagree. While the story is indeed for everyone, the raids are not. Do you remember the statements that the raids are designed to be completed only by the most .... players? And that the devs know that this category is not very large?

The population of that group is fluid, not fixed. All players can freely move to that group, or out of it, as they wish. Strikes were developed to help those move into it more easily.

Yes, I agree with you, the raids/strikes/story can be tried by everyone. But this is not the Olympic Games - only to participate is not all when you have achievements tied to beating the encounter. Theoretically speaking, everyone can be an Olympic Champion. Practically .... you can count them.

There are achievement tied to beating the encounter and there are some which don’t require it.

Unfortunately, the strikes are more and more difficult - this is less and less a stepping point into raids, but more like a raid. And now, included into the story achievement. Mandatory.

They’ve progressively been getting more difficult which is the point. It wouldn’t be much of a stepping stone if they got easier or remained the same. You’d follow the progression that they got released starting with Grothmar.

So, please stop with your wrong statements. Not us, the players (or the person you answered) split the community. The split has been performed in the moment the raids were released - with that "famous" statement that raids are designed to be completed only by the best/skillful/dedicated/patient/etc players. ONLY. The rest were ignored.

The “split” you referred to existed well before raids.

I also want to point out that there are numerous non-raiders who do strikes and even succeed. The only limiting factor here is yourselves.

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

You have to do some. And 7 you can't access right now. 3 Boneskinner the 3 duo because rotation and the kill 20 bosses so I bet players upset they can't get it done now cause I did the 3 Freanir but I did not enjoy new stike even tho I won getting those achieve seem hard. So some are stuck but anyone should be able to eventually not get downed in all of them for enough

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020

@Zok.4956 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

There's a big difference between "bad design" and "stuff I don't like:".
    Calling one the other and backing it up with rhetoric about learning lessons does not make it so.

Do you have any arguments yourself, why you think it is not bad design?

There are players that have a big emotional problem to go in the same instance with strangers. It has to do with feelings of "not good enough", or to be afraid to be rejected or bullied by elitists/try-hards etc. etc. (just to be clear: I experienced that 99% of my fellow raiders are very friendly, nice and helpful).

This is not some kind of "comfort zone" they should be forced to leave, but it is some kind of barrier, they can not cross.

Those players have (more or less) accepted, that some things in the game are out of their reach without instanced 10-man-content, because they are only "for raiders" (i.e. legandary raid armor). But a story-chapter is intended to be able to do for solo-players and so should the meta-achievement of that map/story-chapter be.

Probably that is the reason, why Drakkar is not part of the meta-achievement and has its own achievements.

It would be OK if strike missions would be a part of the meta-achievement, if there would also be enough other achievements a player could choose from to complete the meta-achievement without strike-missions. This freedom of choice worked well in the past and was well received (by lots of players).

For something to be objectively labelled as bad design it would have to:
    1. Not accomplish its intended goal.
    2. Create a negative quantifiable side effect.
    (or both)
    In the case of putting Strike Mission achievements in the meta, we can infer the intent: To get people to Participate in the content.
    This would mean that to be "Bad Design" it would have to measurably not increase participation in Strike Missions. The quantifiable side effect would simply be a much lower number of people than expected finishing the meta achievement (though this number could obviously be impacted by any of the other acheivements).

You don't have these numbers. I don't have these numbers and Astralpouring does not have these numbers. It's doubtful that after less than a week Arenanet even has these numbers.
    After numerous years you don't even have these numbers to objectively say that about the Migraine achievement, let alone 6 days after a Strike Mission's release.
    Bad game design is absolutely quantifiable in an MMO. This thread has offered nothing but hyperbole, hearsay and emotional reaction. All the people with social barriers would indeed be accounted for in the numbers.
    This is very much a "stuff I don't like" issue.

With that said, I appreciate the passion you bring to the table and your relatively even demeanor about this issue.
    But this thread is very much a breeding ground for some of the worst toxicity this forum has to offer and I am out.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

You have to do Strike missions to complete the meta achievement. So technically if you want to get it with as little Strike Mission raiding as possible, you need to get every achievement in the map and still do Strike Missions.

• Yasi.9065Yasi.9065 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2020

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@Yasi.9065 said:

/edit: Also, please, stop trying to split the community. Strikes are for everyone. Raids are for everyone. Story is for everyone. If YOU refuse to do certain content doesnt mean that its exclusive to "labelX players". It is YOUR decision to ignore parts of the game.

Allow me to disagree. While the story is indeed for everyone, the raids are not. Do you remember the statements that the raids are designed to be completed only by the most .... players? And that the devs know that this category is not very large?

Yes, I agree with you, the raids/strikes/story can be tried by everyone. But this is not the Olympic Games - only to participate is not all when you have achievements tied to beating the encounter. Theoretically speaking, everyone can be an Olympic Champion. Practically .... you can count them.

Unfortunately, the strikes are more and more difficult - this is less and less a stepping point into raids, but more like a raid. And now, included into the story achievement. Mandatory.

So, please stop with your wrong statements. Not us, the players (or the person you answered) split the community. The split has been performed in the moment the raids were released - with that "famous" statement that raids are designed to be completed only by the best/skillful/dedicated/patient/etc players. ONLY. The rest were ignored.

I dont like story content. Its boring. Characters have no depth. There is no mystery, no intrinsic detail. Theres no action. Story is NOT for me.

Let me put it as friendly as I can:
    GW2 is an MMORPG. If you play this genre you accept:
    a) interaction with other players - a lot - via chat at least.
    b) that the game doesnt cater solely to your likes due to the vastness of the genre.

You are being incredibly disrespectful with your bashing of raids and strikemissions, just because its content YOU dont like. Many other DO like the strikemissions. Theres also quite a few that like the raidencounters. Just as there are players that like the story.
    Me? I accept that. I dont begrudge people liking the story those living world episodes. I just want the same respect.

edited February 4, 2020

@thepenmonster.3621 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

I have a very fine tuned Effort/ Reward judgement system and PUGging for an emote fails to make it past the suggestion stage.

I think the main problem people are having is the feeling of being forced to do content. My personal view to having story/ achievements/ gear behind a dungeon, raid, or the like has been, "I don't care enough to bother." But a lot of folks can't shake that completionist drive so this sort of situation always gets their fur up.

Im a completionist as you call it. I do all the achievements. Many I really dont like at all - like those forcing me to play the story instances (often even repeatedly) or running around the world pressing 'interact' every few minutes. Do you see me complaining about being "forced" to do those?
    Why is it us raiders are being called toxic elitists, when its actually the other way around. Everytime theres even a slight - and let me be absolutely clear here, the new strikemission isnt even ENTRYLEVEL difficulty of instanced content in other mmorpgs - increase in difficulty theres people running to the forums and reddit complaining incessantly about it. Instead of just accepting it and doing it once for the achievement, or even going with it and giving that something new a try, those people create topic after topic demanding nerfs so they can afk their way to their achievement.
    Do you see us raiders creating topics bemoaning the fact that all that devtime is put into animated cutscenes or designing a crystal dragon I still have no clue what even the importance is off, except well... its gw2, so it has to have dragons.

Before I go even more on a rant... in short... just because you dont like parts of an mmorpg is absolutely no reason to go around badmouthing it. If you cant handle doing things you dont like in a game to achieve a goal, then really... mmorpg is the absolutely wrong game genre for you.

• thepenmonster.3621thepenmonster.3621 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2020

@Yasi.9065 said:
    Do you see me complaining about being "forced" to do those?

You specifically?

If you cant handle doing things you dont like in a game...

It's a game. Not a job or an obligation. If it doesn't bring you pleasure, don't do it.

To address your side complaint: I do think there needs to be more dev manpower put into the raids and competitive modes, and not just in the vain hope it'll get you guys to shut up about the game being dead. Each update should have something for everyone, even the side content like raiding.

That having been said, achievements are 100% opt-in content and if the desire to complete them drives a player to do something they don't like, that's on them.

edited February 4, 2020

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

Sure, people can just decide to not do the metaachieve. Which will probably result in them not caring about many other achieves that are part of the meta either. And once they have that one meta uncompleted, they will probably care less about all the future ones as well (because once you gave up on something once, it becomes easier and easier to do that again).

I'm sure that people playing the game less is exactly what should happen.[/sarcasm]

What makes you think that ppl who are not after APs dont play the game as much or even more than you?

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

You have to do some. And 7 you can't access right now. 3 Boneskinner the 3 duo because rotation and the kill 20 bosses so I bet players upset they can't get it done now cause I did the 3 Freanir but I did not enjoy new stike even tho I won getting those achieve seem hard. So some are stuck but anyone should be able to eventually not get downed in all of them for enough

Nope.. you still dont have to do them. In fact you dont have to get any APs from content that you dont like.

• @Dante.1763 said:

@Benethan.3657 said:
    The thing is the difficulty of the strikes is clearly increasing and although I'm not sure if it's comparable to the easiest raids it's 10ppl group content and don't think 10 ppl group content achievements belong in the saga story meta achievement, specially when it's not a bonus but imperative to get to the needed number.

This i agree with. But anet is gonna force players to do strikes, despite the fact that they suck and arent fun cause its their new content.

No group instanced content(that takes 10 people, like SMs) should be required for the strikes, not everyone is even capable of doing them. The MAP meta should be doable with stuff on the MAP, not stuff thats off to the side, in a locked off instance.

Either remove the strike achievements and set them as optional, or add other achievements so we can complete the Meta without it, as it is i have no desire to complete -ANY- achievement since i know i wont be able to do obtain the final reward.

The newest SM and the boneskinner are more difficult, I admit that. And that's the two I saw which had LI and KP requirements sometimes. When I open up a squad for them I never ask for those but rather explain mechanics to people who haven't played it before. But I only joined a LI group once for the new one. One other time we won it with mostly new people and no requirements.
    But the other SM are fairly easy. Fraenir for example I did in a random open group a few days ago. Not even joined a squad. And we won with everyone alive. There I got one achievement for not getting downed and it's really easy.

So instead of just saying "I won't get it so I just don't try", try to do it please :) Maybe you will see that it's fun and you want to try the new one as well. Maybe you realise you don't like it. That would be okay, too. You don't have to play it then. But you will have the meta achievement done :)

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

Sure, people can just decide to not do the metaachieve. Which will probably result in them not caring about many other achieves that are part of the meta either. And once they have that one meta uncompleted, they will probably care less about all the future ones as well (because once you gave up on something once, it becomes easier and easier to do that again).

I'm sure that people playing the game less is exactly what should happen.[/sarcasm]

What makes you think that ppl who are not after APs dont play the game as much or even more than you?

Considering that these achievements being part of the meta are a concern only to those that concern themselves with APs, i don't see your point.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

Considering that these achievements being part of the meta are a concern only to those that concern themselves with APs, i don't see your point.

My point is that if you have an obsession to complete content that is not used to gate you away from any other content, then you should not be complaining about said achievments.

There is no need to complete them if player doesn't like them.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Everyone is capable of doing strikes; they just choose not to do them. Strikes are part of the episode so it’s fitting that a number of achievements tied to them are needed for the episodes mastery achievement.

It's only like three achievements that you'd need to complete from strikes which isn't all that much of an ask. Especially when some of them can be done without even completing the strike mission.

I strongly disagree with this. Strike missions are so far out of people's comfort zones and no other meta has asked us to group with 9 other people to finish it. If that's your choice of playstyle that's fine, but open world content can encourage people to try out stuff they normally wouldn't play but it shouldn't penalize them for not wanting to. Let the 10 man instanced content have it's own rewards. Don't change the game at this point to require us to do ten man content and yes, I have some of those achievements from the strike. This isn't about my personal preferences. This is about fundamentally changing the game on people who liked it the way it was. There's exactly zero reason for it. Or maybe Anet didn't learn the lessons HoT was supposed to have taught them.

Thank you so much for this! As a very casual player, to me this is something that the Devs need to hear and understand.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

Nope.. you still dont have to do them. In fact you dont have to get any APs from content that you dont like.

Oh, you meant achieves in general. Yeah you in this thread pointless then with that. To finish this meta which is typically what many go for you do need to enter strikes and get the easy ones like not getting downed.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

Don't worry. The most hardcore achievement will be selled for 10-20 mystic coin(mc), like in raids, and will be acceptable by everyone.
    That mystic coin you get for free from dayli login rewards ..
    Also you can do each day grot strike, and get % of valuable shoulders, sell it, and get more mc.

So everyone who want close that will do it.

But yes, it was more better if strike achievement exist inside raid subpage, but not inside LS.

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2020

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Zok.4956 said:
    There are players that have a big emotional problem to go in the same instance with strangers. It has to do with feelings of "not good enough", or to be afraid to be rejected or bullied by elitists/try-hards etc. etc. (just to be clear: I experienced that 99% of my fellow raiders are very friendly, nice and helpful).

This is not some kind of "comfort zone" they should be forced to leave, but it is some kind of barrier, they can not cross.

Those players have (more or less) accepted, that some things in the game are out of their reach without instanced 10-man-content, because they are only "for raiders" (i.e. legandary raid armor). But a story-chapter is intended to be able to do for solo-players and so should the meta-achievement of that map/story-chapter be.

Probably that is the reason, why Drakkar is not part of the meta-achievement and has its own achievements.

It would be OK if strike missions would be a part of the meta-achievement, if there would also be enough other achievements a player could choose from to complete the meta-achievement without strike-missions. This freedom of choice worked well in the past and was well received (by lots of players).

For something to be objectively labelled as bad design it would have to:
    1. Not accomplish its intended goal.
    2. Create a negative quantifiable side effect.
    (or both)
    In the case of putting Strike Mission achievements in the meta, we can infer the intent: To get people to Participate in the content.
    This would mean that to be "Bad Design" it would have to measurably not increase participation in Strike Missions. The quantifiable side effect would simply be a much lower number of people than expected finishing the meta achievement (though this number could obviously be impacted by any of the other acheivements).

You don't have these numbers. I don't have these numbers and Astralpouring does not have these numbers. It's doubtful that after less than a week Arenanet even has these numbers.

Yes, I think, we agree, that Anet wants, more players doing strike missions and as a result of that more players doing raids.

And I believe, it could be a good thing, if more players would be doing raids (or at least try them). Because, with the right 9 other people, the right mindset and of course some skills, raiding can be a lot of fun. However, it is not for everyone the right cup of tee and I respect that.

So, I think, you and I only disagree, if putting strike-missions achievements as mandatory for the story-meta-achievement is the right way to achieve that goal.

I believe, it is not the right way. Because it is not a "strike-mission-meta-achievement" but a "story/open-world-meta-achievement" and players could easily feel forced with this into something they do not want - which in the end increases by (some/lots of) players the resistance against the thing that should be promoted in the first place.

This is negative motivation. A better design would be positive motivation.

You are right, I do not have any internal numbers about strike-missions, etc..

But I did read past statements from Anet (between the lines) and from players back in the time when Anet wanted to promote their sPVP and icreased the difficulty/skill level in maps/story/PvE: In the end it drove a lot of players away from GW2 at that time, so (my assumption is, that) their goal was not really reached with that, but the contrary happened. My bet is, the same will happen again, if Anet makes the same design-choices again.

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

edited February 4, 2020

To bring this to a rest: List of achievements (45) contributing to meta achievement in the latest story episode ->

Story Achievements (8):

Chasing Ghosts
    Still Waters Speaking
    Lost Spirits Found
    The Hunt Begins
    Voice in the Deep
    Fire Dodger
    Self-Confidence
    Whisper Boxing

Openworld Achievements (23):

Bringing Light to the Darkness
    A Hunger for Knowledge
    Timber!
    Bjora Marches Insight: Drakkar's Lair
    Bjora Marches Insight: Frozen Waterfall
    Bjora Marches Insight: The Lost Kodan Ship
    Shadows Creep
    Idolatry
    Mystery of the Bjora Marches
    Mystery of the Hidden Tower
    Mystery of Drakkar's Lair
    Mystery of the Labyrinth
    Mystery of the Western Marches
    Mystery of the Raven Gate Ruins
    Luminiferous
    Koda Be Praised
    Reel It In
    Unwelcome Whispers
    Lumbering Bears
    Beckon the Ice
    Unwelcome Whispers
    A Bountiful Pastime
    Acolyte of the Lost Spirits

Strike Mission Achievements (14):

Sanctifier (20 strike bosses in sanctum arena)

Whisper of Jormag (4):
    Legendary Whisper of Jormag
    Slither-less
    Reflections in the Ice (easy if you do even remotely okay dps)
    Vortex, Interrupted (5x cc bar breaking, easy)

Boneskinner (3):
    Hold onto the Light (Very difficult atm due to a bug)
    Deathless Hunt
    Flickering Light (Very easy, soloable)

Kodan (3):
    Flawless Fallen
    Kodan Dodger
    Break It Up (5x cc bar breaking, easy)

Faenir (3):
    Fraenir Frolic
    High Shaman, High Stakes
    Elemental Elegy (Quite easy strikemission, quite easy to do achievement)

Conclusion:
    Yes, you will have to TOUCH strikemissions for this meta achievement. But is it difficult or even undoable for someone with a disability? Absolutely not. You need 37 achievements, 31 are not related to strikemissions. That leaves 6 related to strikemissions.
    There is 5 achievements that are easy to get WITHOUT even succeeding in completing the strikemission.
    That leaves you with ONE strikemission achievement you have to put a tiny teensy bit of time and grit into. You can go in as a healer in minstrel gear and do the "no downstate, no defeat" achievements. Or you get lucky and finish one of the other achievements on chance.... or you just farm 20x fraenir/twins , which are both quite easy to finish if you join lfgs.

• keenedge.9675keenedge.9675 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2020

Cast your vote by doing or not doing. Anet tracks that.

Talking(venting) doesn't matter as much. ( Has no one noticed that STRIKE and RAID are 'nearly' the same meaning, no accident )

Moral Statute Machine: John Spartan, you are fined five credits for repeated violations of the verbal morality statute.

• Tman.6349Tman.6349 Member ✭✭✭

@Esterie.7409 said:
    I agree with everything others have said about requiring strike missions to be mandatory for the meta achievement, and that an episode meta achievement should be accessible to everyone and include a variety of achievements greater than the required number. I just wanted to add that I find it very odd that not one single achievement involving Drakkar counts toward the meta, yet 13 strike mission achievements do. The disparity is puzzling to me.

Drakkar is a world boss and the associated achievements are 100% consistent with literally every other world boss achievement in the game. (They did seem to misplace the location of the achievements in the panel as it could've made sense to put right next to the others.)

Source: World Bosses tab, Shattered tab, Tequatl tab, Triple Trouble tab

I think it would make the most sense to completely remove the word 'achievement' in any future releases. Perhaps even the concept altogether. We could just click on a box full of all the typical loot you'd expect received after completing the story and the everyone bent on open world only content, due to w/e social anxieties and pressures, could simple run around and repeat all the events. It seems that is what this thread is advocating for. Maybe a couple more lines of flavor text could be added to the events or a tracker for how many times you've repeated them. They could even add an instanced 'celestial challenge' style event for those that really wanna switch it up. Geez, what's left of these devs can't push their talents, creativity, or boundaries without a player base that will go along with them. Must be super frustrating to want to do epic things and then read threads like this...

• Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tman.6349 said:
    I think it would make the most sense to completely remove the word 'achievement' in any future releases. Perhaps even the concept altogether. We could just click on a box full of all the typical loot you'd expect received after completing the story and the everyone bent on open world only content, due to w/e social anxieties and pressures, could simple run around and repeat all the events. It seems that is what this thread is advocating for. Maybe a couple more lines of flavor text could be added to the events or a tracker for how many times you've repeated them. They could even add an instanced 'celestial challenge' style event for those that really wanna switch it up. Geez, what's left of these devs can't push their talents, creativity, or boundaries without a player base that will go along with them. Must be super frustrating to want to do epic things and then read threads like this...

Yeah, because the way they arranged the achievement this time is SUPER EPIC.

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

At this point I'm just curious about if Anet sees this thread (if they even see any forum threads) and how and if they'll react to it.

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Tman.6349 said:

Not epic, per se, but it is actually aranged in such a way to actually be some sort of an ACHIEVEMENT as opposed to the standard checklist of tedium. Imagine that...

• People complained that raids are too difficult, so anet took a knee and made easy mode raids called strikes. And still people are complaining about their accessibility. The reason why they require you to do them for the meta is well to funnel people into doing them. Most players have the ability to succeed at the current strike selection, minus the bugged boneskinner.
    I feel like there is a horrible bigotry of low expectations that is being thrown left and right on this topic. Just being disabled doesn't mean they can't get proper gear, run proper builds, nor use lfg to find a group. Honestly if anyone did these 3 things they can easily do ice construct, koda twins and ice dude. Now whispers is different, it actually starts getting to raid levels of difficulty.
    Now if it is an issue with social anxiety, as someone who has suffered from such problems, removing social interactions only makes the problem far worse. My psychiatrist equated to someone afraid to walk to their mailbox, you dont remove the mailbox, you force your self to walk to it. Even if you only get 50% there and turn around, you are better off than before. And the next day you made it 50% the day before , why not just add another 10 or 25% that day, and so on until you can finally check your mail. This is a mmo, thengame should push people to group up, but grouping up is only 50% of the experience. It can allow people to get use to that, and then they can start typing in group chat, and once they get use to that, get on discord with their mic muted, and then finally start talking and get 100% of the mmo experience.
    An game should try to make people better, otherwise what is the point.

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    People complained that raids are too difficult, so anet took a knee and made easy mode raids called strikes. And still people are complaining about their accessibility. The reason why they require you to do them for the meta is well to funnel people into doing them. Most players have the ability to succeed at the current strike selection, minus the bugged boneskinner.
    I feel like there is a horrible bigotry of low expectations that is being thrown left and right on this topic. Just being disabled doesn't mean they can't get proper gear, run proper builds, nor use lfg to find a group. Honestly if anyone did these 3 things they can easily do ice construct, koda twins and ice dude. Now whispers is different, it actually starts getting to raid levels of difficulty.
    Now if it is an issue with social anxiety, as someone who has suffered from such problems, removing social interactions only makes the problem far worse. My psychiatrist equated to someone afraid to walk to their mailbox, you dont remove the mailbox, you force your self to walk to it. Even if you only get 50% there and turn around, you are better off than before. And the next day you made it 50% the day before , why not just add another 10 or 25% that day, and so on until you can finally check your mail. This is a mmo, thengame should push people to group up, but grouping up is only 50% of the experience. It can allow people to get use to that, and then they can start typing in group chat, and once they get use to that, get on discord with their mic muted, and then finally start talking and get 100% of the mmo experience.
    An game should try to make people better, otherwise what is the point.

Some people just don't like lobby-based instanced content. I find it lacks the "massively" part of an MMORPG.
    I'm sceptical Anet's plan of trying to funnel people that favour the open world into small 10man lobbies will work.

Massivelyop even did a opinion-piece on it, based on Andrew Gray's future plans on GW2:
    https://massivelyop.com/2020/02/04/the-daily-grind-do-you-avoid-mmorpg-raiding-and-why/

The point of a game, at least to me, is to have fun. I have fun with difficult content, and some people don't, not that hard to understand.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you. Umbasa.

edited February 6, 2020

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Tman.6349 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Tman.6349 said:

Not epic, per se, but it is actually aranged in such a way to actually be some sort of an ACHIEVEMENT as opposed to the standard checklist of tedium. Imagine that...

It's the worst of both worlds, a total and complete failure. It mixes challenging content with boring grind, both of which have large groups of players that don't like them. It seems designed to appeal to as few people as possible.

Well, at least on the bright side (for you), it's still 95%+ mindless grind so the vast majority is still catered to you. :) This is to the dissatisfaction of those that you admit don't care for such things, obviously. We can all have the same fair complaint, even if you do still get the lion's share of the enjoyment out of it.

Maybe in the future, they can implement, two versions of the meta achievements. One that is 15-20 hours of boring grind and then another that is just 2-3 simple strike mission achievements. Then we could all be happy.😊