Balance Patch Preview - Global

Comments

• JETWING.2759JETWING.2759 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2020

Hi!
    Thank's for good work!
    But...

Engineer:

• Overheat: Instead of disabling all toolbelt skills until all heat is lost, this skill now adds 15 seconds to the recharge of toolbelt skills other than Photon Forge. Photon Forge remains disabled until all heat is lost.

A 3rd penality... It's already loses half of HP (1st penality) and become unable to reenter on Photon Forge until the cooling time finishes (2nd penality). Holosmith stills overpenalized.
    What happens if the player on purpose overheats to get access to 6 extra stacks of Solar Focusing Lens?
    Serious that the player will still unable to Drop Elixir S (for stealth) nor Drop Elxir B (for Stability) nor use Rumble (for Stability, break stun) nor Bandage Self (Medic Kit Heal) nor any other sustain skill?
    Some skills and traits stills uncompatible. This near breaks the Holosmith Elite.

• Photonic Blasting Module: When this trait is equipped, the additional recharge penalty from Overheat is reduced from 15 seconds to 5 seconds.

What the point of equip a trait that forces the player to have his profession mechanics locked and loss access to damage and self sustain?
    Stills uncompatible! Conflicting! Nigh broken!

• Crystal Configuration: Eclipse: This trait no longer causes Corona Burst to grant stability. Increased base barrier granted from 374 to 991 in PvE and 748 in competitive modes.

This closes the coffin door and buries the Holosmith!
    What the point of play a melee type that can't face CC?
    What the point of Crystal Configuration: Zephyr or Crystal Configuration: Storm?
    What the point of Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit?
    Still without tier 3 (100+ heat) exceed skills.
    Sword still not fine (or worse with nerf).
    Self burn on f1...

Explosives: This traitline has been reworked, the new traits are as follows

• Master
      • Aim Assisted Rocket (REWORK): Rockets are now only fired on critical hits. Rocket recharge reduced from 10 seconds to 3 seconds. Rockets now require the engineer to be at least 450 distance from the target to fire. Every 5th rocket instead calls an orbital strike.

Very good improvement!
    But the 450 distance requeriment make it unusable with Bomb Kit, Flamethrower, Tool Kit, Photon Forge and Scrapper... May be healthy remove this distance requeriment.

Please, look the Engineer sub forum. There are severals suggestions to make Engineer Profession fun to play and capable of bring more players.
    Do not abandon the Engineer!

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Virtuality.8351 On the ele point weaver is not the only melee ele if any thing both core and tempest are melee set up too yet anet only made them weaker for melee game play with the cd of self stab even self block longer. Its a real let down.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Srsly...necro rebalanced this way?...> @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

Necromancer:

Necromancer has always been designed to be a resilient profession that was light on Stability. Since this update specifically is removing some stability from their traits we made sure to buff their stunbreak skills appropriately in response. Additionally we've fixed a few issues with minion responsiveness and buffed a few of the weaker minion command skills.

• Well of Power: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 40 to 30 seconds in PvE only.
    • Plague Signet: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 30 to 25 seconds in PvE only.
    • Spectral Armor: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 40 to 30 seconds in PvE only.
    • Spectral Walk: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 40 to 30 seconds anid the swiftness duration from 30 to 24 seconds in PvE only.
    • "Nothing can save you!": This skill now applies 5 stacks of the new unblockable for a flat 10 seconds with an additional 2 stacks for each foe hit (see General section for more details).
    • Minions: Necromancer minions will now play an effect when commanded to indicate that they will be using a special skill.
    • Rigor Mortis (Bone Fiend Command Skill): Bone Fiend will now respond immediately when commanded, interrupting its current action to perform the special attack.
    • Haunt (Shadow Fiend Command Skill): Increased radius from 120 to 300.
    • Flesh Wurm: Reduced the cooldown of this abiltiy from 32 to 25 seconds in PvE only.
    • Necrotic Traversal (Flesh Wurm Command Skill): Increased radius from 180 to 240
    • Doom: This ability now has a cast time and inflicts fear on your foe at 640ms. The fear duration has been increased from 1 second at a distance or 1.5 seconds at close proximity to 2 seconds on successful hit regardless of distance.
    • Death's Carapace: Added visual effect for this buff that updates based on the number of stacks the player has.
    • Foot in the Grave: This trait has been retired and been replaced by Eternal Life.
    • Eternal Life (NEW): Gain life force constantly up to a threshold while not in shroud. (66% in PvE, 20% in PvP & WvW) Gain protection when you enter shroud.
    • Flesh of the Master: Fixed a bug that could cause Death's Carapace stacks to be applied incorrectly by this trait.

Hope that next balance patch will remove necromancer class from the game...anyway its useless...

• I ran into a Deadeye thief (Aka DE) who could use 'Death's Judgement' for a single shot damage of 18,080. So, while it is welcome to see a bit of a nerf to this via the "Reduced power coefficient from 1.65 to 1.11" a stealth attack that can attack so high should go back to having a longer tell. I swear there used to even be an audible tell to warn you about a DE using 'Death's Judgement' so you could avoid being snipped for 18,080 damage in a single attack.

But at least 12,150 damage is better then 18,080 after the nerf kicks in. Maybe then it would only take 3 attacks to quickly down my 20,000 health char instead of 2, or 1 if I was a elementalist.

• Svez Poizon XD.5268Svez Poizon XD.5268 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2, 2020

Removing revenants corruption traint "Rampant Vex" which was apply torment on critical hit 33% chance, we need new trait somewhere else that will apply bleeding on 33% chance on critical hit to fit renegade.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

I must add i like how most of eles update is its pets skill that more then likely no one will be using even after this update. There realty is no one in ele corner is there.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Since this is their plan we should atleast get pet autoattack in beastmode too and rework of 80% pets... Ranger having 2 autoattacks would feel nice, just imagine jacaranda on condi build so you stack 5+different condis and hit more for each condition because thats what jacaranda aa is doing right now...Alot more depth would be added and this won t be such cheese class to play and would bring some strong condi builds combined with pet aa which could be used as cover condi and other things like i mentioned with jacaranda. Pet skills have long cd and having just 1 pet would make entering beastmode only rewarded with boons and cleanse if traited thats why i think giving ranger second autoattack along with other beast skills would make much more sense and feel the gap (even replace existing skill 1 with pet auttoattack something like mirage ambush but not that strong but still being able to get another aa from beastmode since you can leave it in 1 sec anyway would make much more sense. Also i think this is just good setup for future changes they want to do so its risky start but i admire it because i think it will slow down game and make it more meanigfull than just spam but still cc is not adressed and there is no interupts only crazy amount of hard cc and they removed some stun breaks. Changing it opposite way of having 1/4 daze (pure interupt) as 80% of universall cc across all professions and make hard cc such as taunt as ranger unique cc (making only 20% of all cc available for ranger so its not spamable) would make game shine much more and build diversity even stronger since you won t run 2-3 stunbreaks as must because now you don t waste stunbreak on 1/4 daze which is meant just to interupt you and keep stunbreak vs only 1 hard cc every proffesion would be able to trigger since its all changed for daze to fit line beetween interupts (1/4 daze active gameplay) and hard cc (all we have to day making game very passive). Still when outnumbered you will have 1 stunbreak for hard cc and being attack by 2 players would mean you need to be careffull about not eating both of hard cc from both players attempting to kill you.

• SnowHawk.3615SnowHawk.3615 Member ✭✭✭

why not just take away what little build diversity there already was in pvp and wvw. just when i thought about giving this game another go. Back to FF it is.

• Shogun.7162Shogun.7162 Member ✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020

@Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:
    Removing revenants corruption traint "Rampant Vex" which was apply torment on critical hit 33% chance, we need new trait somewhere else that will apply bleeding on 33% chance on critical hit to fit renegade.

Yeah that one hurts for me...also the poison enchantment and Empty Vessel QoL. I hope Invoke Torment compensates for it in dps terms.

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020

Revenant PvE queen here: Why...and I truly stress this...WHY, @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048, would the balance team think it's okay to add a 500ms WINDUP for a CC on Revenant Staff 5 (SotM)? For competitive play, I totally get it and it's justified, but PvE? As if Revs don't already have it hard enough, ESPECIALLY after the abomination that was the increased animation timer to Shackling Wave (Sword 4)! Again, for competitive play, I get it, but can you not go back and fix this for PvE? I mean, come on! People are still pissed about this for PvE! Revenant sword/sword gameplay used to be so fluid and wonderful and now we are getting nerfed in aspects of PvE...how much longer do Revenant players have to keep suffering to patches that keep adding on more cool downs, higher energy costs and so on? Don't you think we've had enough?

I am pleading for some kind of resolve to this on behalf of the Revenant players in this game. I really doubt they'd mind me speaking for them in regards to this kind of request since it was something no Revenant player asked for, nor complained about, again, in regards to PvE.

• Okay patch. I play a variety of classes, so the nerfs to some don't really hurt. I'm eager to see how this all plays out. Thanks!

• I can't believe Ranger's Marksmanship minor traits are not looked at. These stupid traits has only one use at the start of the battle and no more. It needs an ICD or needs to go. Hands down most useless traits in every mode in the game.

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Raphael.6503 said:
    Srsly...necro rebalanced this way?...> @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

Necromancer:

Necromancer has always been designed to be a resilient profession that was light on Stability. Since this update specifically is removing some stability from their traits we made sure to buff their stunbreak skills appropriately in response. Additionally we've fixed a few issues with minion responsiveness and buffed a few of the weaker minion command skills.

• Well of Power: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 40 to 30 seconds in PvE only.
    • Plague Signet: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 30 to 25 seconds in PvE only.
    • Spectral Armor: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 40 to 30 seconds in PvE only.
    • Spectral Walk: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 40 to 30 seconds anid the swiftness duration from 30 to 24 seconds in PvE only.
    • "Nothing can save you!": This skill now applies 5 stacks of the new unblockable for a flat 10 seconds with an additional 2 stacks for each foe hit (see General section for more details).
    • Minions: Necromancer minions will now play an effect when commanded to indicate that they will be using a special skill.
    • Rigor Mortis (Bone Fiend Command Skill): Bone Fiend will now respond immediately when commanded, interrupting its current action to perform the special attack.
    • Haunt (Shadow Fiend Command Skill): Increased radius from 120 to 300.
    • Flesh Wurm: Reduced the cooldown of this abiltiy from 32 to 25 seconds in PvE only.
    • Necrotic Traversal (Flesh Wurm Command Skill): Increased radius from 180 to 240
    • Doom: This ability now has a cast time and inflicts fear on your foe at 640ms. The fear duration has been increased from 1 second at a distance or 1.5 seconds at close proximity to 2 seconds on successful hit regardless of distance.
    • Death's Carapace: Added visual effect for this buff that updates based on the number of stacks the player has.
    • Foot in the Grave: This trait has been retired and been replaced by Eternal Life.
    • Eternal Life (NEW): Gain life force constantly up to a threshold while not in shroud. (66% in PvE, 20% in PvP & WvW) Gain protection when you enter shroud.
    • Flesh of the Master: Fixed a bug that could cause Death's Carapace stacks to be applied incorrectly by this trait.

Hope that next balance patch will remove necromancer class from the game...anyway its useless...

Well these notes would actually be okayish if lower cooldowns on stunbreaks would actually be the same in wvw.
    But there the CDs get even longer for no reason, while ele gains stability and lower cooldowns on two pretty strong stunbreaks.

The only thing that's really bothering me is the new eternal life trait. I doubt it will see any play.
    Maybe on core Condi necro as there isn't really a better choice

• Obsidian Flesh: This skill now locks the player's skill bar while invulnerable.

**What's the point of having 2nd and worse Mist Form on ele? **
    (Mist Form at least gives u speed buff so you can get the hell out of the main fight area.)

Will there be option to stop the skill earlier?

I mean if u really think front line ele needs nerf, then u should reduce the duration of Obsidian Flesh by 1 second or something, but disabling the abilities while in it completely is just big sad panda.

"Elements are LOVE...
    ... being elementalist is LIFE!"

• Nup.4591Nup.4591 Member ✭✭

Hi there, I'm an elementalist main.
    (("Oh, all people ever do is complain about their main" Right, but I can't argue about classes I don't play right? If I can't tell what the names of their traits and skills are. anyway, Let's get to the point.))

There are three changes for elementalist in this patch. I want to discuss them one by one, looking at what the changes try to achieve and what the changes will affect once they go into effect.
    -Elemental minions
    -stability access
    -obsidian flesh

First off, the elemental minion changes seem really fun. I don't think it will be super usefull or meta in any gamemode, but I love flavor and offmeta things to play around with, so I'm sure this will be a ton of fun when it comes out. I don't have much to say about it really. the elementals were pretty much useless and it's great to see them getting some love.

Then we have stability access. Let's go over what kind of builds this change affects. The trait that gives stabillity on activating a stance was only really used in pvp. so that makes it a change directed towards pvp. the only builds I can think of are sword/dagger weaver , sword/focus weaver and the niche dagger/dagger weaver. but for dagger/dagger weaver, it could actually be benefitial, since now you have are not forced to take primordial stance for stability and you can take another utility, like lightning flash. (since unravel is a must for dagger/dagger weaver) I'm really interested in playing this again. Sword/dagger (water) weaver can now also take another utility slot, but we'll have to see what it brings. I think the sword/focus (fire) weaver got hit the most with this change, since they will always take primordial stance for the burn stacks, so they only lose some stability acces. Keeping in mind that other elementalist builds that didn't use the trait get some extra stability access now, and that fire weaver was seen as obnoxious by a lot of people, I think this change is a pretty well thought out idea and I think it will be fun to see how it works out.

now we get to the bad part.. Obsidian flesh. Obviously, this change is also directed to the overpowered fire weaver. But it affects so much more other elementalist builds, in and outside of pvp. Let's look at pve first. I'm not going to take open world into account, since everything works in openworld. Instead I'm going to look at the only build in PvE that uses the focus. Sword/dagger condi weaver. A very fun and fast paced condition damage raid build. Obsidian flesh is a very nice skill to have for condi weaver, since it allowed you to block certain raid mechanics if you timed it well. As a reward for paying attention and making sure you got earth offhand at the right times, you could comfortably keep up your damage and have higher dps as a result. It feels really good to do! However, with this change, you can't use it in raids at all. It's not awfull, but it's sad to see one of the fun and usefull things about this build be removed. Even if the new obsidian flesh still allowed you to use your current attunement skills, only blocking you from swapping attunements, it would still be too bad for condi weaver. Together with alacrity and quickness and the extra buff from weave self, stopping you from swapping attunements will pretty much ruin your rotation. Making the skill almost useless in raids.
    Next up is pvp. I can think of two builds that use obsidian flesh outside of sword/focus fire weaver. those are Core fresh air with scepter/focus, and weaver fresh air with scepter/focus. both builds rely on keeping up pressure on the opponent while kiting them around, blocking, dodging and avoiding attacks. weaver being the more bursty version of the two, while core has a little more sustain. Obsidian flesh is a key skill in this playstyle. it allowed you to block a few extra attacks while channeling your healing skill, or avoid a string of cc. If Obsidian flesh blocks the elementalist from using any skills at all, they won't be able to use to heal up, while the oponent WILL be able to use the time to heal up or buff up. since the elementalist can't fight back. The fresh air scepter builds won't be able to hold up their sustained damage and will have a significantly harder time trying to kite oponents out.
    All in all, this is a change I don't agree on. It's hurst more builds then the one it's intended on and that hurts the game in general. With this change, there will hardly be reason for an elementalist to pick up a focus at all. Please reconsider the change and nerf it in a way that matters more for the problem you're trying to solve. Now it will only hurt more builds. At least consider to keep the change to pvp only, so condi weaver can still have that little extra in raids.

Thank you for your time if you read through all this.
    sincerely,
    Nup2

• Rym.1469Rym.1469 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020

Would you guys consider shifting damage conditions in a way akin to how (Curse of) Agony works/worked in WoW?

I.e. We don't tweak the duration much itself, but fresh damage conditions have to "Amp up" for a few seconds before they reach their full damage for the remaining duration. Essentially backloading conditions' damage more, so it's in line with your philosophy. So Bleeding doing 100 dmg/s now would start out as 50 dmg/s and over 5 seconds gradually get to 100 dmg/s, continuing with this number forward (each new stack would go through this).

In return, you could tweak condition cleanses in some ways, especially eliminating the low cooldown & low cleanse amount ones that were/are responsible for the necessity of trash cover conditions. Low cooldown ones could specifically cleanse control conditions such as blind, cripple, weakness instead of being able to cleanse everything. Bind DoT cleanses to more cooldown heavy stuff.

This way DoTs become actual DoTs, don't have to be spammed and overlayed with trash and are more fair for both sides.

Yeah, I stream once in a blue moon.

• Personally I can not wait for all these changes to take effect so I can start theory crafting new builds, I never use cookie cut, so this is like yet another facet of the game I am seriously looking forward too. +1 Anet

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

Ranger:

Soulbeasts, long standing without a tradeoff, are now receiving theirs - they lose combat access to a second pet and must choose carefully which pet they are going to be bonded with in battle.

• Soulbeast: Soulbeasts can no longer swap pets while in combat. Merging and unmerging with your pet now counts as a pet swap for the purposes of the Clarion Bond and Zephyr's Speed traits.

I believe this is the wrong approach. In my opinion the tradeoff for Soulbeast is to have no summoned pet at all. The flavour of the elite is that you are merged with the pet, and gain some of its attributes and skills, and as tradeoff you don't have an AI entity that can tank NPCs or chase enemies around pillars.

Core: baseline pet which has its abilities.
    Druid: pet's power is reduced
    Soulbeast: pet is permanently merged with player, who gains increased stats and unique abilities.

Allow the SB to change their pet outside of combat, but they should no longer have the ability to summon it and should remain permanently merged.

• Konrad Curze.5130Konrad Curze.5130 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020

I expected 3 things from this patch:

• revive chrono
    • revive engi turrets
    • Nerf the kitten outta guardians

0/3

New World becoming more enticing by the day

• YtseJam.9784YtseJam.9784 Member ✭✭✭

Now that you finally recognized that game modes are different, can we get rid of the 1 clone shatter requirement for Chrono on PVE? Makes no sense on PVE and this seemed to be a PvP/WvW intended balance change.

• UnDeadFun.5824UnDeadFun.5824 Member ✭✭✭

Necromancer:

If Eternal Life is replacing Foot in the Grave(Gain stability and break stuns when you enter shroud), at least leave us with the stun break. It seems like losing stability, Necromancers will have to forgo sensible utility choices and fill our bar with stun breaks. Foot in the Grave is in the Soul Reaping trait line which is used in Core, Reaper, and Scourge builds.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020

@UnDeadFun.5824 said:

If Eternal Life is replacing Foot in the Grave(Gain stability and break stuns when you enter shroud), at least leave us with the stun break. It seems like losing stability, Necromancers will have to forgo sensible utility choices and fill our bar with stun breaks. Foot in the Grave is in the Soul Reaping trait line which is used in Core, Reaper, and Scourge builds.

In PvE? I can't see any reason a power build would take Foot in the Grave over Depth Perception (despite it sucking hard when you are knocked down while in Shroud) and I can't see any reason why a condi Scourge wouldn't take Dhuumfire. (can't speak for Core). Again, in PvE - competitive modes is a different matter.

But at the same time, the new ability seems odd as well. We already have a signet to generate LF if that is a problem (and it isn't imo), and why would it matter for either Reaper or Core to get Protection while in Shroud?

I play Reaper regularly in T4 fractals these days, and while Stability helps for fights like Brazen Gladiator, ill usually just drop Well of Power. As for LF generation, I have no trouble refilling my LF bar during the 10s I'm out of shroud, and once I'm in shroud again, you just dodge like everyone else.

I'm curious as to what issue they think this new trait will solve.

EDIT: While we're at it, why not change Well of Power so the stability is given to other players standing in the well? Still don't understand why it only gives might and condi cleanse given it does no damage.

• Just give daredevil steal back and rework deadeye, its all i ask for this patch, but this "huge gamechanging" patch is just nerfs on nerfs, nothing that should have us waiting so much, also not touching permastealth... You should change that,

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020

Engineer:
    Overheat: Instead of disabling all toolbelt skills until all heat is lost, this skill now adds 15 seconds to the recharge of toolbelt skills other than Photon Forge. Photon Forge remains disabled until all heat is lost.
    Photonic Blasting Module: When this trait is equipped, the additional recharge penalty from Overheat is reduced from 15 seconds to 5 seconds.

Well it's better than the kitten that was disabling tool-belt. But please, consider returning Holographic Shockwave back to the original range of 600. Who cares? It's pve! The animation looks ugly and unfinished due to 300 range: Instead of fixing the animation from a skill that really need it (Holographic Shockwave) , you are fixing animation for skills which are already okay/neat (Overcharged shot and battery ram)! Just make two versions, Pve=As the skill was at release of PoF, PvP/WvW=Reduced range and number of foes affected but with a correction of the animation. Just look how beautiful it was before...
    It's a big woof smash! Please designers some pity for one of the most hated class!

Fix Holographic Shockwave animation!

The explosives changes are nice however. And I'm impatient to try them.
    I agree with the comment above about eclipse configuration.

Ah and will repeat that a second time: No skills or mechanic should lock from using other skills, that's poor design! (speaking of ele)
    I'm sad there is no changes about turrets! As some suggested, they could become mobile and following you on heli-platform, could be nice if their bullets count as explosive/piercing.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Kaizer.8261Kaizer.8261 Member ✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020
    • Aim Assisted Rocket (REWORK): Rockets are now only fired on critical hits. Rocket recharge reduced from 10 seconds to 3 seconds. Rockets now require the engineer to be at least 450 distance from the target to fire. Every 5th rocket instead calls an orbital strike.

I seriously loved that trait reworked until the "at least 450 distance from the target" part. This is a Power Engi Trait, and Power Engi Builds are mostly at MELEE range because of Holoforge COMPELLING you to become at melee Range.

Engineer isn't a very popular class already, please for the sake of all Engis Mains who still out there: remove the Range limit of that trait.

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭✭

• Soulbeast: Soulbeasts can no longer swap pets while in combat. Merging and unmerging with your pet now counts as a pet swap for the purposes of the Clarion Bond and Zephyr's Speed traits.

Will merging only affect these two swap-pet traits?

I'm also wondering how this would interact with Loud Whistle and Spirited Arrival.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Loud_Whistle
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spirited_Arrival

• michelada.2947michelada.2947 Member ✭✭✭

So no guardian Shouts rework? really?

• Executioners scythe on reaper is honestly my only issue on the changes for reaper. It's such a telegraphed skill and easy to dodge. It was satisfying getting the damage when it actually hit and since so many classes have a metric fluff tonne of stun breaks, the freeze is honestly just there. It rarely counts as anything more than a chill

• Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭

Remember when necromancer would be stunlocked into oblivion so they had to take 3 stunbreaks on their skill bar just to prevent that from happening? Yeah, that never really changed. Necromancer has always required dozes of stunbreaks because otherwise they'd get locked out of a fight. Honestly, what is arena net thinking?

• @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    Mirror Blade

so is this still 8 sec cd in pvp/ wvw?

Te lazla otstara.

• Uriel.6310Uriel.6310 Member ✭✭
    edited February 4, 2020

No one has suggested it yet, or have I seen it.. but why not make "new" abilities a thing or something to make the patch more exciting. We have been playing with the same skills since the game started or each expansion release.

• Someone may have mentioned it already but I don't remember seeing anything about downstate skills, some classes have insanely strong downstate skills and with everyone doing less damage these are going to be even more annoying than they were before if they remain the same.

• @Virdo.1540 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:
    please remove the ability of the druid to give 10man- 25might.
    It already has insane heal, a pet, tons of utility, the op spirits etc.... even some 10-man aoe heals. There is really no need at all to let it give so much might.

If you nerf Druid's might generation, you leave it as a subpar choice in every aspect of the game.

I'd personally love to see them rework spirits, buff druid's personal dps, and give them more pet synergy with CA. Once Druid is playable outside of Raids, we can look at their might gen if it's out of line, but I don't see a problem with a support being able to generate 25 might, especially since it has to use CA and devote time away from dealing dps in order to generate said might.

due to the 25might for 10people its the best choice for a healer with amazing support. Its so good that no other healer-role could compete.

I disagree. Different healing classes have different strengths. Healing quickbrand provides an alternative healing + quickness which is a strong and necessary buff in raiding.

If you look back across the history of Druid nerfs you will see it being constantly whittled away from THE support class to where it is today. Druid does not need another nerf just to make other classes viable. They are already viable with Druid where it is.

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

@CroTiger.7819 said:
    Much better if you gave ranger Lead the wind trait superspeed 2 sec when hiting from 1200+ range instead swift and quickness would make much more options available. Good change on axe and new trait for axe if it works with merge, soulbeast tradeoff can be fine if you buff some of the pets and even add option to autoatack pet skill for exchange because now it will feel very straight forward but adding autoattack skill from pet could get more depth for condi build (cover condis like vulnerbility) even power ones. Its bad that pets remains same in terms of utility, swoop update is bad since ranger need some mobility because classes like thief and even war are still faster and its deffinitly bad change because its kills ranger potential to be roamer and lock it movement when side noder because thief will have easy time decaping or leting ranger afk point. Shortbow is unchanged and last chance of having interupt ranger style back is dead. Druid still too long cooldown and lame mechanic of building full astral force to enter and heal is very lame in pvp and kills diversity, why instead its not 10 sec cd and you can enter it like reaper shourd (entering trait converts 2 condis on nearby alies to boon and leaving trait is 1 sec superspeed and stealth just to reposition fast). I like alot of changes for other classes especially mirage 1 dodge tradeoff which is good direction for more reasonable use of dodge and not stacking but soulbeast will be dumped down unless you give him ability to autoatack from pet and druid still don t get its identity. Good change overall but still expected more creativity with ranger class since its my main.

Lets be real here, Druid is much stronger in the raiding/fractals community over the player vs player world.

Agreed that it is primarily used by raiding and fractals, but while Druid is pointless in open world (off topic) it does still have some use in WvW.

@Bealis.6023 said:
    Hello,
    I believe that preventing Soulbeast to swap pets during combat is one of the worst things that can happen to Ranger, since it takes out versatility, one of the main things that makes it fun. Even if it was perfectly balanced, why would players want to play it if its not fun?

While it seems an unpopular position among the posts I have read so far, I am ok with this being the trade off for soulbeast. The could have hit us far harder so for me this is more of a relief than an aggravation. However, someone else commented that there ought to be more of an encouragement to run unmerged and I agree that it needs an internal trade off between the two. Personally I think that unmerged, the soulbeast pet ought to receive a 10% stat buff based on pet category (I.e. furious, versatile, stout, etc.) counterbalancing the merged stat boost on the one hand and loss of options on the other. It would be an overall minor boost, but is in the theme of soulbeast and give more value to pet choice on the pet side.

• JayAction.9056JayAction.9056 Member ✭✭✭

With respect to PVP...

As a whole I don’t like any of these changes and the direction the game is going. It’s like backwards development to your game.

I think slowing down the game play and catering to the crowd that was never really that good at the game is the wrong way to go - completely.

I think after all this development time you will see the same people achieving and the same people crying ... except it will be crying about something different, and the game will be less fun for a guy like myself who has been keeping up with the pace of the game through constant development over the years.

I feel like this game is/will lose some of its edge in this update. - The dodge button and the explosiveness and responsiveness of the combat system is what high rank PVP players like in your game. Also the amount of CHOICES.

You guys are removing even more amulets I see on top of this?

Like at one point you have to say enough is enough and and stop changing the game to fit the desires of a certain vocal group of the population.

At least if you are going to waste development time, cater it to the people that actually excel at your game. Not the ones that barely understand it.

• @Moira Shalaar.5620 said:
    While it seems an unpopular position among the posts I have read so far, I am ok with this being the trade off for soulbeast. The could have hit us far harder so for me this is more of a relief than an aggravation. However, someone else commented that there ought to be more of an encouragement to run unmerged and I agree that it needs an internal trade off between the two. Personally I think that unmerged, the soulbeast pet ought to receive a 10% stat buff based on pet category (I.e. furious, versatile, stout, etc.) counterbalancing the merged stat boost on the one hand and loss of options on the other. It would be an overall minor boost, but is in the theme of soulbeast and give more value to pet choice on the pet side.

Its true that I actually like all other changes. The swaping fazed me as its in the Ranger mechanic, and being merged for a longer period makes the Soulbeast really squishy if not relying on stout pet. I like that minor stat buff for unmerged pets idea. ;)

• I've been back to GW2 for a few weeks now, and I'd like to give my opinion.
    I like the changes to elementalist, specifically summons. I can't really comment on changes to obsidian flesh.

I'd like to ask, though, if you guys have any plans for the god-based summons? I'm not yet into pvp or raids, so I don't know if they are already used, but to me they seem like such a huge CD for a short summon time. Maybe they are fluff more than anything, but I'd like to use them more. Maybe tie them to a specific attunement? Or give them a shorter CD when using an elite spec?

• Some nice deserved changes but also a pretty weird attempt at buffing off-meta specs/weapons.
    Also can all the people ranting about PvP/WvW in the wrong thread please go away, thank you.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

Woo, warrior hammer buffs~
    I might finally be able to take advantage of marginal bonus to stun damage.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ShiroKun.4867 said:

Also can all the people ranting about PvP/WvW in the wrong thread please go away, thank you.

These are global changes and are not listed in the PvP or WvW thread and are changing in PvP,WvW and PvE so it affects literally everyone :) so go away with your 0 iq

• Makuragee.3058Makuragee.3058 Member ✭✭✭

@Kaizer.8261 said:

I seriously loved that trait reworked until the "at least 450 distance from the target" part. This is a Power Engi Trait, and Power Engi Builds are mostly at MELEE range because of Holoforge COMPELLING you to become at melee Range.

Engineer isn't a very popular class already, please for the sake of all Engis Mains who still out there: remove the Range limit of that trait.

Could not agree more our range weapons suck:
    pistol (lol) and rifle wich is mostly a melee weapons at this point

• @Makuragee.3058 said:

@Kaizer.8261 said:

I couldnt disagree more. If the range is 450minimum it oculd be a fun range trait for sure. What engineer needs is more ways to deal reliable range dmg, not more melee kitten, thats what u got 2 elite specs for.

• Makuragee.3058Makuragee.3058 Member ✭✭✭

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

@Makuragee.3058 said:

@Kaizer.8261 said:

I couldnt disagree more. If the range is 450minimum it oculd be a fun range trait for sure. What engineer needs is more ways to deal reliable range dmg, not more melee kitten, thats what u got 2 elite specs for.

Why not both, make it a flexible trait that can be use on 2 playstyle. Because right now its gonna see almost no play, or very fiew. I would not mind if we had more fun toys to use at distance, but like I said, we dont really (sure we do mortar, rifle, etc). But mortar is more condi and offer a really braindead gameplay, really not fun (or good).

• Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭

What would happen if we removed the land core necromancer skills and replaced them with the underwater necromancer skills? Would it be overpowered? Probably. But I'd really love to play underwater necro on land. That would be fun. I'd still really like wave of fear over Doom since Doom is becoming almost worthless.

• Rashagar.8349Rashagar.8349 Member ✭✭✭

@xlmmortal.7023 said:
    Personally I can not wait for all these changes to take effect so I can start theory crafting new builds, I never use cookie cut, so this is like yet another facet of the game I am seriously looking forward too. +1 Anet

Same, every time these kinds of major changes come in it freshens up my favourite aspect of the game. My characters change, my match ups change because everyone else's characters also change, and things don't feel "solved" any more. Just have to make the most of the chaos before build hierarchies settle again.

Also, the intent of these changes is just perfectly aligned with what I'd want for the game, so even though I expect they're going to miss the mark in places I'm more than happy to just see what happens.

• @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    Hi Everyone,

Today we're previewing the next set of balance updates to come to Tyria.

With this release there are a significant number of changes we've put together for the the competitive game modes, but many of the fundamental principles are applicable in every game mode. In particular, the focus on gameplay being more active is a big piece of the planned changes.

That said, we recognize that there are many specific differences between game modes and the nature of changes for game modes should follow suit.
    eg. Many bosses and creatures in instanced content focus attacks on the player with the highest toughness. A minor trait, Stone Flesh gives an Elementalist additional toughness while attuned to earth and can cut off both going into Earth attunement and selecting the Earth traitline. So we're changing that trait to grant 7% damage reduction instead of 150 Toughness, allowing it to play well with that type of content and expand some build options.

We're planning many changes of this nature, as well as re-works and more. We look forward to seeing your feedback both on this set of changes as well as future potential changes.

We've posted additional threads for the more PvP oriented changes and WvW oriented changes.

-The Systems Team

Im going to be direct and blunt here for a second. Do you guys even acknowledge that chronomancer is dead in the water? Are you guys ok with mesmer being the only proff in the game that is, for all intents and purposes, missing an entire elite spec? Or can we expect some kind of rework in the close future?

• Mochi.8936Mochi.8936 Member
    edited February 5, 2020

MESMER

Greatsword
    As someone who doesn't really enjoy melee or any sort of close combat situations in general, my hope is that the Greatsword won't become useless, as that's the only Power options Mesmers/Power Chronos/Power Mirages have for ranged play and has a tiny bit of AOE as well. Even currently, I don't really feel the effects of movement impairment on those skills, and didn't feel like too much until I got some runes and food (and it still doesn't in this specific situation or in general, in comparations with some other classes, even ungeared), so my worry is that it will become a bad weapon to use in general play or by people who aren't geared fully yet. Yes, this game has newer players.

AOE and single target
    Should we be concerned at those getting nerfed? There are classes that do AOE and single-target way better. even ungeared. Myself, I prefer long-range and, if possible, AOE (which isn't really the class's focus so I kinda let that bit slide some, even tho I'm getting my bum kicked at times). But it doesn't really feel like it's excellent single-target either. I may just be too new to it to really see it tho, so take it with a grain of salt, I'm just raising the possibility of a concern, considering we fight both one and clumps of enemies in any game mode.

Delays + in a dynamic environment
    A Mesmer will always struggle with delay, were seeing it on Chrono as a build-in already with the Shatters and the Wells, which make it extremely frustrating. It's even worse if we add some lag on top of that. Not sure how lag will affect that signet either.
    Chrono's wells don't do much, especially with the way the new mobs work, which is similar to bounties in core Tyria, as they ping pong all over. A modicum of damage or heal, even if somehow our target doesn't move.... myeah, I'd rather not really use wells in that case, as the game isn't made to be played stationary. Some ways to make them work better in a dynamic environment would be appreciated.

The trait swaps
    Let us hope the changes help the class, not smack it. I lack the knowledge to provide an opinion on that. Nobody was picking Elusive Mind due to the drawback tho, so at least that's been changed.

Profession specific abilities
    While we are still on the topic of Chrono, and Mesmers in general, what about what we bring to the table?
    Even if I switch all my build around for it, there's no point to trying to generate it, unless perhaps we get a certain set of gear, but why would I use that set outside of, say, raids?
    If I want alacrity, a rev does it better and permanently.
    Quickness? Meh.
    Portal? Oh hey, there's a thief as well.
    Stealth? Not on those cooldowns or at the cost of Jaunt for Mirage, which is the only thing we have near a true dodge out of pesky AOEs/+Siege (if WvW -actually, even with Dodge + Jaunt, we may not make it out of such a combo if Blink is on CD or if the red circles extend past its range -Red Tower opposite of Anzalia anyone?). A thief should and actually does stealth better, maybe being a bit too good at it with self de-targeting on top of it, in a PvP or WvW setting, but it's not like most of us would run around in stealth in most PvE situations anyway and there are much better utilities we'd have to take instead.
    Oher boon generation? I'm a new player, I am the least likely to know how all the tricks of the trade work, much less with only guides floating around are builds instead of updated "How to's" (Dulfy's guides were nice but there have been changes made since their guides and they don't cover everything) and other players simply directing you to said builds. So perhaps I'm missing something but I don't really feel like a boon machine, magical duelist or anything other than, usually, a purple poke-level damage midget.

But anyway, shouldn't our innate, class-specific abilities still be viable and only enhanced by certain gear, and not be easily surpassed by other professions, geared or not?

Abilities de-targeting
    One of my "regrets" with my 1 main toon (because hey, I only really enjoy one class so far, tyvm) is that I unlocked and tried Chrono first. It's not enjoyable, it de-targets itself (!) so I end up wasting CDs if I am not looking everywhere at once -I can see you attempted a fix there, which is one step in the right direction, thank you, but there may be more skill-culprits. Tab targetting back to a target is not reliable since it might as well go off picking a dust mite or something unrelated with what we are fighting (mightier than 3 hydra some classes can solo naked, btw, Just hope a mite ain't close xD).

Downed skills
    No downed skills were addressed even tho a Power spec has very little chance to get back up. There's one extra downed skill locked behind masteries so I'm not sure how good that one is yet, but shouldn't the power spec have a chance? For example, on a Rev, you can push back and torment. On an Ele, you can do down in flames, literally. The downed skills we have don't really scale with power or have a lower cooldown that would make touching the keyboard viable after we went down, in most situations. And there are plenty of those situations. I had more success getting back up on a Condi spec...then down again, but hey, progress. xD

OTHER CLASSES/GENERAL
    The mouse pointer
    Due to effects, interface positions, player and enemy positions all we have to keep track of, the last thing we want is for that cursor to go MIA. And guess what? It goes MIA before we blink.
    The only option, which doesn't always behave how we expect, is Snap to Target, which, going back to the dynamic environment(/players), it's not always a good idea, even if it works properly.
    Let's fix that, please, either by changing the current one a bit, to make sure it's visible among clutter, or by giving us a few drop-down selections/colors/whatever. :)

Range tooltip
    Whereas a Mesmer is hard-capped, there are some classes that CAN shoot beyond their tooltip range. Some examples I found out about would be Eles and Rangers (sorry guys). Oh, the skill is red on your bar but you can still deal damage outside of your written max range? Cool, cool...not. How is that fair to others? Obviously this has the biggest impact in PvP and WvW. Please put in a hard cap on the range for every class.

• mrauls.6519mrauls.6519 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2020

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

Inspiring Virtue (NEW): This trait grants you increased damage after activating a virtue.
    Can someone please tell us the damage increase?

• @mrauls.6519 said:
    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

Inspiring Virtue (NEW): This trait grants you increased damage after activating a virtue.
    Can someone please tell us the damage increase?

Sure. On patch day.

• mrauls.6519mrauls.6519 Member ✭✭✭✭

Please increase the speed of Guardian hammer so it matches Warrior's. It's been slow for too long