Mystery of the Hidden Tower (bug?) — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Mystery of the Hidden Tower (bug?)

I've been completing the light puzzles in Bjora Marches and have come across what I assume is an issue.
At the end, I receive the message informing that I've completed the puzzle and the chest spawn's in the middle.
However, I can't open it. I've tried logging out and back in and still the same problem.
I have the correct Essence unlock because I've been able to open the same type of chests (the green ones) elsewhere. But for some reason, I can't open any of the final chests in the light puzzles.
imgur.com/19V8p44

As you can see in the picture, whenever I hit INTERACT a dialogue box is trying to come up.

I don't know for 100% certainty that this is a bug. If not, can someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong.

Comments

• I have exactly the same problem.
    The chest is there, but I can't open it...
    It seem to be an attempt to open a dialog window that immediately disappears (with the sound effect).

ba7e93166d1a126970d5b647d58e2f68.jpg

• Exactly the same issue I'm having. But I've searched online and so far, no explanation.

• OK. I think I may have found the issue. What Tier is your Resilience Essence Manipulation at?

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020

The first thing I thought of was Essence Tier, but I did some Light Puzzles and didn't have any issues opening Chests. Pretty sure I got Tier 3 afterwards, but perhaps not.

Regardless, I'm fairly certain the Devs said anyone could open Tier 3 Chests as long as the account had at least Tier 1 completed. Just that the rewards would be different. (Per Guild Chat.)

• Well, I'm going to try again after getting my Tier 3 unlocked. If it continues, I'll report it to ArenaNet.

• Ok. So I reached Tier 3 and still can't open the chest. I'm utterly confused now.

• Well, I did 'Lighting the Hidden Tower' and when I reached the end the med. green chest was there but I couldn't open it. Neither could the next player that arrived not long after I did. Very frustrating!!! :(

• I have the same problem, I can see all three open chests at the ravens but cant open the big green chest 😔 this hasnt been fixed yet I take it?

• misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2020

Yup. Same issue. Standing there, clicking F does nothing but make a ping and, for a split second, a legend of some sort appears - very dim. Shows karma and gold.

• Same problem... very annoying. Please fix this :(

• Can confirm bug still unfixed