Final shielding

Eddbopkins.2630

I get that we want to minimize the impact of passive saves like this and that you're doing it across the board for skills like this, but I have to wonder at what point do you just get rid of them for having too little impact? I mean how bad are my alternative trait options that I'm going to take this passive save that will likely go off at times when I don't need it and then be on cd for the rest of the match?

These kinds of traits only existed to prevent 1shots. Now they're waiting to see if 1shots will disappear before removing it entirely.

Passives need to go, they steal useful trait slots from something that could actually be useful outside of a situation that shouldn't exist to begin with. It was like parking your car at a gas station to avoid running out of gas by going nowhere.

This isn't even a passive life save at all!!Considering a it can be countered by an unblockable skill it just makes this trait 100% unless now.

Name 1 other passive life save that can be countered by an unblock able and only has a 3 hit max. There isn't any. Ele gets crap traits compared to other passive invulns since day one and has always gotten the worst end of the stick so to speak.

Issue for elem, and some others class; Arcane shield, Gale song, earth armor, these effects from traits are not affiliated with an other effect.Take a look at Last Stand of Warrior for example, sure it's a Grandmaster trait but you have duration increased and vigor + the passive breakstun. 300sec, it's huge, but the trait is still worth without the passive BS.Who will take gale song or other now ? Trait are useless. They should merg these traits with others.

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:Issue for elem, and some others class; Arcane shield, Gale song, earth armor, these effects from traits are not affiliated with an other effect.Take a look at Last Stand of Warrior for example, sure it's a Grandmaster trait but you have duration increased and vigor + the passive breakstun. 300sec, it's huge, but the trait is still worth without the passive BS.Who will take gale song or other now ? Trait are useless. They should merg these traits with others.

Merging will almost certainly be what happens before the patch goes live or soon after. As others have mentioned, at 5 minute cooldown you will see it proc 2 times at most, and probably not when you actually need it. Personally I'm hoping they take a closer look at the master tier for the arcane line. Arcane resurrection, final shielding, and the new elemental lockdown are all pretty bad after the nerfs.

@Hannelore.8153 said:These kinds of traits only existed to prevent 1shots. Now they're waiting to see if 1shots will disappear before removing it entirely.

Passives need to go, they steal useful trait slots from something that could actually be useful outside of a situation that shouldn't exist to begin with. It was like parking your car at a gas station to avoid running out of gas by going nowhere.

Passives definitely need to go rather than be nerfed to irrelevancy and then left to take up space. But why do I have a feeling that's how it's going to be for months to come? Weak.