I'm getting bored fast...

Sylent.3165

This game in my personal opinion has I think by far the best combat system in any mmo or even single player game I've ever played, and I personally love love love the story.

But other then those two things I just feel this game offers nothing to actually do once those are done.

People say farm mastries....ok? So I can make my mount do things that I really don't even need them to do? Ok

Then farm achievement points....why?

Ok ok so farm events over and over and get rich! Then you can buy....nothing. I have the armor I want that I've had for over two years now money is a useless currency for me.

I just wish they added actual activities to do that could benefit me the player and give me something to strive for. We need some me things like fishing, or just a purpose for xp. I dunno I know I need another break which is sad considering the expansion just came out.

Hopefully the new living season will be out soon :)

Tldr: no my stuff!! You no have! I'll be back with next update for the story

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

How is fishing any better than farming mastery experience? In the end its a repetitive task. If you get bored of grinding experience, go explore a zone in more detail. Find all of those little nooks and easter eggs you never noticed before. Follow event chains through to completion in core Tyria (seriously, once you finish an event, wait for a minute or two and almost always a new event will start, continuing a mini storyline that sticks to that area. Its amazing, and at the end there are cute little dialogues usually). Go finish all of your elite specs. Go for world completion. Try jumping puzzles. Collect armor/weapon skins, collect dyes. Collect minis/finishers.

If you are bored in this game, fishing will not help your problem. There is already so much to do in the game that you almost have to choose to be bored, and hence adding fishing will just not help you for more than a few minutes.

Well the biggest issue isn't there is nothing to do, but there is no point in doing anything. Rewards in this game are bad and I don't want a gear treadmill ever those are horrible but a system like d3 paragon levels or eso champion points helps always give you a motive to play. (Of course these aren't in pvp)

• Like 1

There's so much to do in this game, honestly. What has worked for me since the launch of the game, is taking the area's about gw I like best and building a goal around them. For me I shared your love for the combat system, so when I started at launch I made it my goal to finish all dungeons all paths. Then as the game grew I just set new goals around the areas of the game I liked best. Tier four fractals, raids, learning new classes, ect. That's what im doing now, finishing my legendary armor and trying to learn all classes and roles in raids

Im sure you'll be able to find something you love to do in the game if you try to set a goal for yourself around the areas you like most.For story maybe you can play through the beginning of the personal stories on all the races so you can see all the race specific personal story segments, or take a sylvari through the heart of thorns story. Go for the achievements in the expansion stories.

Im not sure where your experience is in end game combat for gw, but maybe try shooting for higher level fractals and raiding. Raiding has some amazimg story to it as well so you get alittle bit of both worlds and is definitely worth checking out if you haven't.

Setting goals in this game has kept me playing since September 2012 and im sure it'll help you out too.

Sometimes we just hit a point of being burnt out. If you're currently playing and not enjoying yourself then you're wasting your time. Have you considered spending a few weeks away from the game? That's what I do when I hit that point of being bored. Take a break and come back later. This game is very friendly toward people taking breaks since you're not paying a subscription fee and there isn't any real end-game tiered progression to keep up with and chase.

Here are some other things you can do until LS comes out:

1. Go play some console or computer games that you've been meaning to play/finish
  2. Focus on having a healthier diet and/or improving your fitness with exercise
  3. Read some books
  4. Try learning an instrument (guitar + Rocksmith 2014 is a fun way to go!)
  5. Find a creative outlet like painting or sculpting with clay
  6. Partner with your local church, homeless shelter or food pantry to help your community
  7. Go camping with some friends
  8. Get involved with a local recreational sports team for something like bowling, kickball, dodgeball
  9. Take some online classes or watch some videos to learn a new skill

Hope you find something fun to do in GW2. If you have no luck there hopefully you find something fun to do elsewhere. No shame in stepping away and finding ways to improve yourself, mind or body.

There are not enough things you can get in this game.

If every world boss had their own line of gear and weapons and wierd stuff, everyone would be too busy farming world bosses for things to be on forums complaining about anything really.

Maybe its just me.. Maybe because of my love for games like Monster Hunter and Dark Souls I feel like there should be more reasons to repeat bosses than for

1. ONE piece of equipment -__-
  2. A title
  3. Achievement Points meant for... nothing really outside of some generic weapon skins and a choice of two different lines of gear skins.

The game should be more Boss oriented. I like the revamp they did on the Shatterer. There should be even more depth to fighting these dragons. More desire to do their pre's or even the surrounding quests.

I heard there was a guild that specialized in defeating Shatterer and at first thought I thought that was the coolest thing and I wanted to join.. Then I thought, "why?". There's only one actual thing you get from it and despite how decent the updates where, there's no real value besides that. Now granted, there is one achievement that might require some serious group effort that can't be relied on pugs but I don't even think that justifies the necessity of an entire guild being focused around it.

It would be justified if there were multiple rewards for group-oriented achievements along with more gear and just more stuff (toys, minis, finishers, etc) that went along with successfully completing the world boss multiple times.

As it is now.. it just feels too much like the carrot on the stick leading the donkey. I have a real difficult time believing they could not add a plethora of more skins and things to let people sink their teeth into. All the farming for ONE freaking back piece is just.. depressing almost.

• Like 1

MMO's consist of a list of things (largely busywork) to do to keep people p(l)aying. ANet has, to me, done a pretty good job of putting things to do into the game without making them mandatory. I suppose the inevitable outcome of that is that some people are going to look at some of those optional things and say, "Meh, not interested." All such people can do is take a break and/or ask for more optional activities they'd like. So, other than fishing, is there anything else you'd like to see?

@Sylent.3165 said:This game in my personal opinion has I think by far the best combat system in any mmo or even single player game I've ever played, and I personally love love love the story.

But other then those two things I just feel this game offers nothing to actually do once those are done.

People say farm mastries....ok? So I can make my mount do things that I really don't even need them to do? Ok

Then farm achievement points....why?

Ok ok so farm events over and over and get rich! Then you can buy....nothing. I have the armor I want that I've had for over two years now money is a useless currency for me.

I just wish they added actual activities to do that could benefit me the player and give me something to strive for. We need some me things like fishing, or just a purpose for xp. I dunno I know I need another break which is sad considering the expansion just came out.

Hopefully the new living season will be out soon :)

Tldr: no my stuff!! You no have! I'll be back with next update for the story

I am mostly in agreement with you. I also play other MMOs, such as FF14 and GW by far has the smoothest, least restrictive combat system. The story is also really unique and interesting (most of the time). But I will say that I have played since beta, and often I get bored or burned out. POF only lasted me about a week and a half. I've completed the story, gotten all the mounts and upgraded their masteries, and finished almost all the bounty achievements. Though I guess I should be thankful that Anet prefers quality over quantity. Regardless even if the content is good, a large percentage of players get through it in no time. So we need other ways to occupy our time.

Like someone mentioned earlier I will sometimes re-explore central Tyria maps and find all the things I missed. It makes you appreciate the care that was put into those original maps. I'm not knocking the new maps but Central Tyria is really beautiful.

There is a fairly large RP guild called RPcd that runs a Tyrian exploration event on Saturdays in the afternoon (US Eastern time in Metrica Province if anyone is interested) that runs for over ten hours. I don't RP myself but I will go sometimes because it's pretty fun to travel from map to map and do all the event chains and explore all of the places that we often pass over. It's a blast, I never run the entire thing but it's so different from my normal style of game-play of rushing from content to content as fast as I can. Sometimes you need to stop and enjoy the view. :smile:

While I am not entirely bored yet... I do get it. I will always be back and be active around holidays, living story and new expansions. The time between those I go on low activity ingame. I still do masteries, some achievements and mapcompletion.... but not rushing it and some things I just don't care to do. Its ok though... I don't have to be able to enjoy the game all the time 24/7 all year round. Probably healthy with some break time now and then anyways :)

• Like 1

Find some friends, get on Discord, run around and kill stuff and make fun of each other and laugh. Fun is the purpose. Tetris had TERRIBLE rewards (i.e., none) and people played it for hours on end. You can also try an alt, get map completion, work toward a legendary (even if it is just to sell it). If you make your own goals, you'll find you are a lot happier than the game and the devs trying to set goals for you (which is what most theme-park MMOs do).

With that said, I think more things to do with your exp wouldn't be a bad thing.

I think we all have been in the bored-period and have no idea what to do.

Atm, I am busy with completing all the new Elite Specs on my alts.After that I will get all of the new PoF armor.. which will take a while Im sure...Hopefully LS4 will start after that! ;)

@Cyprien.4208 said:I'm bored with this topic.

Just because you don't find anything to do does mean there isn't stuff you can do if you don't want to do it that's okay.

The game maybe isn't for you you could try ESO or FF14.

Well I actually do play eso lol. Ff14 I got sick of the treadmill so that didn't last to long. At least in eso I can craft legendary set items that are good items and very affordable. And I have the champion point system which keeps me going. The champion point system is a huge aspect that can keep a player driven while gw2 doesn't offer anything new ever but masteies which as many will disagree I find completely useless most of them. I can still do everything with my level mounts anyone else can do with level 4 mounts for example.