My Thoughts on Remaking GW2 from the ground Up based on GW1

Kuulpb.5412

I think the people who "Balance" GW2 have officially confirmed they have no idea how to balance their own game and should just copy what they did in gw1 from the ground up, It is to this day one of, if not, my favourite Online games where Builds of all kinds work, you don't rely on stats for everything. You could play how you wanted and not have entire skill lines reworked (sans the one dervish Flash enchantment rework) which kills a profession.

I have No qualms in stating: This game's Balance in all modes is so Insane that whoever thinks this is "balanced" has no idea how to balance a game.

If yu think about it, everything seems to point to one single culprit.

Boons.

These are simply, without a doubt, the most unbalanced aspect in the entirety of Gw2.

But for some reason, instead of nerfing Boons split between game modes, they start hitting classes and skills.

Why?

Don't they see that they should just make Boons less oppressive in a game mode which people test their skill?

No one is gonna feel good about being beaten by someone who is perma-booned or has insane Boon uptime.

@Yasai.3549 said:If yu think about it, everything seems to point to one single culprit.

Boons.

These are simply, without a doubt, the most unbalanced aspect in the entirety of Gw2.

But for some reason, instead of nerfing Boons split between game modes, they start hitting classes and skills.

Why?

Don't they see that they should just make Boons less oppressive in a game mode which people test their skill?

No one is gonna feel good about being beaten by someone who is perma-booned or has insane Boon uptime.

I am leaning towards agreeing, Boons are like Enchantments but everyone can access them , with some accessing strong ones a LOT easier ( e.g. Chronomancer prior to the most recent patches), and Stability, which is now 100% removed from necromancer traits. Necromancers now have 0 stability from ANY of their traits.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Well they just have to take GW1 and create a bunch of map that would support the story and "living" world of GW2. They can just keep GW1 professions and skills without any change.

GW1 professions were far from ideal. It's all about ritualist, necr and e-surge mesm (Hi, triple-surge) in endgame content. Maybe dagger-spam can be considered effective too.Many (not all) professions in GW2 much more interesting and fun than in GW1 - mesmer, necr (elite-specs), warrior ets.I miss prof/spec like spirit-master ritualist and full-support paragon (and some other too), but as mesmer-main in GW1 and GW2 - I was very happy and satisfied with the change of mesmer-mechanics introduced in GW2.

@"Kuulpb.5412" said:I think the people who "Balance" GW2 have officially confirmed they have no idea how to balance their own game and should just copy what they did in gw1 from the ground up, It is to this day one of, if not, my favourite Online games where Builds of all kinds work, you don't rely on stats for everything. You could play how you wanted and not have entire skill lines reworked (sans the one dervish Flash enchantment rework) which kills a profession.

I have No qualms in stating: This game's Balance in all modes is so Insane that whoever thinks this is "balanced" has no idea how to balance a game.

the founders of guild wars who tried to keep Guild Wars 1 vision alive no longer works for Anet. In other word; Hope is long gone

@"Kuulpb.5412" said:I have No qualms in stating: This game's Balance in all modes is so Insane that whoever thinks this is "balanced" has no idea how to balance a game.

Agree ... glad to see more people starting to wake up and realize it. There would be zero point in remaking GW2 at this time. The interesting question is if an MMO needs balance in the first place.

Probably should change the title to GW2/GW3.

GW2 has always been a very different game from gw1. That doesn't make it bad, but us old grumpy fans should probably avoid insisting gw2 be changed to be like it's predecessor. That shipped sailed a long long time ago.

Balance is hard, it took years for gw1 to reach the state it's in now. Even then it's not perfect (I'm still not over the soul reaping Nerf from what I believe was over 10 years ago.)

I don't think anything on the level of ursanway has happened yet so that's been nice(granted, ursanway did make me laugh back in the day.)

I think it's best to enjoy GW2 on it's own terms(If you like it) and hope for a more GW1-esque game in the future (I'm still holding out for a mobile port of gw1 complete with new campaigns, hope springs eternal!)

@Laughing Bat.1570 said:GW2 has always been a very different game from gw1. That doesn't make it bad, but us old grumpy fans should probably avoid insisting gw2 be changed to be like it's predecessor. That shipped sailed a long long time ago.

Balance is hard, it took years for gw1 to reach the state it's in now. Even then it's not perfect (I'm still not over the soul reaping Nerf from what I believe was over 10 years ago.)

I don't think anything on the level of ursanway has happened yet so that's been nice(granted, ursanway did make me laugh back in the day.)

I think it's best to enjoy GW2 on it's own terms(If you like it) and hope for a more GW1-esque game in the future (I'm still holding out for a mobile port of gw1 complete with new campaigns, hope springs eternal!)

The berserker meta was very close to the Ursan meta. And it lasted much longer.