Raven Armor — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Raven Armor

Xenon.4537Xenon.4537 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

test
Why is this a thing? Why can't we get these pieces through achievements like the rest of the set?

Comments

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Well atleast they are consistent, I think some charr players would like to know the same thing about prologue helmets.

  • Xenon.4537Xenon.4537 Member ✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:
    Well atleast they are consistent, I think some charr players would like to know the same thing about prologue helmets.

    Yeah really. Why make a helmet 7500g worth of rng, but a friggin emote the meta reward...
    test

    This price will probably only go up over time as less and less people go back to roll for rng.

  • Xenon.4537Xenon.4537 Member ✭✭✭

    It's still only word of mouth, but everyone I've talked to say it only drops from strikes or maybe drakkar daily chests. So you have maybe 2 or 3 chances to get it per day, and judging by the prices the drop rate is roughly that of a legendary precursor. This doesn't make much sense when you can get the pants for doing 20 easy champions in open world...

  • Zalani.9827Zalani.9827 Member ✭✭✭

    @Xenon.4537 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    Well atleast they are consistent, I think some charr players would like to know the same thing about prologue helmets.

    Yeah really. Why make a helmet 7500g worth of rng, but a friggin emote the meta reward...
    test

    This price will probably only go up over time as less and less people go back to roll for rng.

    Honestly as someone who wants the helmet I’m probably going to sell it if it ever drops with that price. Can buy myself a Eternity with that moolah.

    Jadis Narnia, Sylvari Ranger of [VoS]

    Praise Joko!

  • slpr.2647slpr.2647 Member ✭✭✭

    @Xenon.4537 said:
    test
    Why is this a thing? Why can't we get these pieces through achievements like the rest of the set?

    when i first saw the armor, i couldn't wait to play the new map to get it. when i saw how it was attained, i changed my mind. havent been back since i finished story, and wont go back.

  • Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Xenon.4537 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    Well atleast they are consistent, I think some charr players would like to know the same thing about prologue helmets.

    Yeah really. Why make a helmet 7500g worth of rng, but a friggin emote the meta reward...
    test

    This price will probably only go up over time as less and less people go back to roll for rng.

    Hey, shhh we dont speak of the Khan Ur Helmet, they doubled the drop rate! Be happy! /s

    Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

  • Weindrasi.3805Weindrasi.3805 Member ✭✭✭

    Ugh.
    This is another slap for charr players, honestly.
    What parts look TERRIBLE on charr? Why, the pants, the gloves, and the shoes! (aka, the EASY bits to obtain). The pants have awful tail clipping, and (at least on female charr) they float like two feet away from the legs and look generally ridiculous.
    What part actually looks GOOD on charr? The shirt. The rare, locked behind strike mission, 2,500g shirt. (It has about doubled in price since this thread was started, FYI).

    The fact they did this with the charr helm is horrid. The fact that the parts of Raven Armor which look good and don't clip charr, are in the same boat as that charr helm? I didn't expect Anet to spit in my face twice.