burst precision + new 0.01

Stand The Wall.6987

I agree on all CC skills should do next to no damage, but it has gutted most of the hammer skills.The skill's which make me laugh is the physical skills, kick never got picked due to how clunky it was, doing no more damage than an auto attack. Now with the 0.01 power co, this skill will not get picked as it will end up getting you killed every time.With this balance patch I believe skill animations and timings should also change on them, or change the way the skill fundementally functions.

I do hope they look at the spellbreaker traits and quickly change that 20% extra damage on F2, can't wait to do 9.6 damage when traited! Heal per condtion returned? make it a sustain trait and return trait in one, that would at least make it a choice to take.

That being said, i do look forward to finally having pvp rely on baiting out skills than just spamming everything you've got.

@"Smoosh.2718" said:I agree on all CC skills should do next to no damage, but it has gutted most of the hammer skills.The skill's which make me laugh is the physical skills, kick never got picked due to how clunky it was, doing no more damage than an auto attack. Now with the 0.01 power co, this skill will not get picked as it will end up getting you killed every time.With this balance patch I believe skill animations and timings should also change on them, or change the way the skill fundementally functions.

I do hope they look at the spellbreaker traits and quickly change that 20% extra damage on F2, can't wait to do 9.6 damage when traited! Heal per condtion returned? make it a sustain trait and return trait in one, that would at least make it a choice to take.

That being said, i do look forward to finally having pvp rely on baiting out skills than just spamming everything you've got.

I already was hating those 20% on revenge counter, because it didnt do kitten in pvp/wvw as it is now, 400dmg when you crit for 2k wow. This trait is only good in pve, where you crit for 10k with fc.

Hammer is gonna be weird, and i get that they want to make fierce blow the main dmg source, but resetting its already low cd is a bad trait off for losing dmg on 3 out of 6 skills.I mean base 4sec and with additional cdr from merciless hammer is already short af, and backreaker has 1s casttime alone, which will already be almost half the cd on fierce blow gone.

Its like "hey, you lost all your dmg, but we will compensate with that new reset on backbreaker, be happy about it." when it probably will almost never reduce any cd at all, and at most probably like 1s.

Id rather get something different as compensation, like i dunno, might be a bit too broken, but maybe make backbreaker strip stab when it hits, so if you manage to land it on a not already cced target (which isnt easy on 1s casttime and 130 range) they will have to use a stunbreak to get out of it.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Smoosh.2718" said:I agree on all CC skills should do next to no damage, but it has gutted most of the hammer skills.The skill's which make me laugh is the physical skills, kick never got picked due to how clunky it was, doing no more damage than an auto attack. Now with the 0.01 power co, this skill will not get picked as it will end up getting you killed every time.With this balance patch I believe skill animations and timings should also change on them, or change the way the skill fundementally functions.

I already was hating those 20% on revenge counter, because it didnt do kitten in pvp/wvw as it is now, 400dmg when you crit for 2k wow. This trait is only good in pve, where you crit for 10k with fc.

How about a buff like Berserker's Power? " For 6s/3s after a successful Revenge Counter deal 20%/10% more damage. (Split as PvE/Competitive).

Hammer is gonna be weird, and i get that they want to make fierce blow the main dmg source, but resetting its already low cd is a bad trait off for losing dmg on 3 out of 6 skills.I mean base 4sec and with additional cdr from merciless hammer is already short af, and backreaker has 1s casttime alone, which will already be almost half the cd on fierce blow gone.

Well you get to hit them with one CC then Fierce Blow -> Backbreaker -> Fierce Blow. Quickness would help land it all, but they did want to reward successful play, so getting a recharge with a hard to hit skill counts I guess. Ditto for Rifle Butt.

Its like "hey, you lost all your dmg, but we will compensate with that new reset on backbreaker, be happy about it." when it probably will almost never reduce any cd at all, and at most probably like 1s.

I think you'd have to lead with another CC like Earthshaker and a source of quickness.

Id rather get something different as compensation, like i dunno, might be a bit too broken, but maybe make backbreaker strip stab when it hits, so if you manage to land it on a not already cced target (which isnt easy on 1s casttime and 130 range) they will have to use a stunbreak to get out of it.

Perhaps that is what Merciless Hammer should do instead of the extra damage. Stip extra Stab with hard CCs.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

How about a buff like Berserker's Power? " For 6s/3s after a successful Revenge Counter deal 20%/10% more damage. (Split as PvE/Competitive).

Well you get to hit them with one CC then Fierce Blow -> Backbreaker -> Fierce Blow. Quickness would help land it all, but they did want to reward successful play, so getting a recharge with a hard to hit skill counts I guess. Ditto for Rifle Butt.

I think you'd have to lead with another CC like Earthshaker and a source of quickness.

Perhaps that is what Merciless Hammer should do instead of the extra damage. Stip extra Stab with hard CCs.

Ofc you have to lead with another cc... Otherwise the first fierce blow wont be any dmg... Than there would be no reason to use it on the first place and in that case also no reason to reset it, because it wouldnt be on cd.You most likely wont hit a cc and then fierce blow and THEN backbreaker into just 1 cc. And slotting a long kitten cd quickness utillity to just get this combo out every like 45seconds is meh.

The extra dmg on merciless hammer increases your only real dmg skill, which is fierce blow, so taking that away would be kinda moot.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Ofc you have to lead with another cc... Otherwise the first fierce blow wont be any dmg... Than there would be no reason to use it on the first place and in that case also no reason to reset it, because it wouldnt be on cd.You most likely wont hit a cc and then fierce blow and THEN backbreaker into just 1 cc. And slotting a long kitten cd quickness utillity to just get this combo out every like 45seconds is meh.

Don't take Frenzy. Take Sigil of Celerity or Rage instead. Hammer is slow enough to justify at least one of those sigils.

The extra dmg on merciless hammer increases your only real dmg skill, which is fierce blow, so taking that away would be kinda moot.

I realize that, but if the majority of the weapon's damage is being gutted then wouldn't it be better for Merciless Hammer to be refocused? The only reason to take Merciless Hammer now is for the sick AF adrenaline gain on interrupt that has no ICD. If you want damage then Berserker's Power is a better choice even now prior to this update.

I still think Merciless Hammer is worth taking for the adrenaline gain, but if they are gutting so much of the weapon in WvW/PvP damage wise I'd rather swap the increased damage versus CC'd foes for another benefit, even getting the old confusion stacks back, at least then the weapon would do more damage.

Don't take Frenzy. Take Sigil of Celerity or Rage instead. Hammer is slow enough to justify at least one of those sigils.

I realize that, but if the majority of the weapon's damage is being gutted then wouldn't it be better for Merciless Hammer to be refocused? The only reason to take Merciless Hammer now is for the sick AF adrenaline gain on interrupt that has no ICD. If you want damage then Berserker's Power is a better choice even now prior to this update.

I still think Merciless Hammer is worth taking for the adrenaline gain, but if they are gutting so much of the weapon in WvW/PvP damage wise I'd rather swap the increased damage versus CC'd foes for another benefit, even getting the old confusion stacks back, at least then the weapon would do more damage.

On spellbreaker its fairly hard to maintain 3 stacks of berserkers power and since you only deal dmg while the opponent is cced wizh fierce blow, you will always have the 20% from merciless hammer. Id say on hammer spellbreaker MH is better than BP, especially since decreased cd will increase dps aswell.

Id rather lose tge reset on backbreaker and get something useful instead.

@RedShark.9548 said:

On spellbreaker its fairly hard to maintain 3 stacks of berserkers power and since you only deal dmg while the opponent is cced wizh fierce blow, you will always have the 20% from merciless hammer. Id say on hammer spellbreaker MH is better than BP, especially since decreased cd will increase dps aswell.

ES->FC->ES can stack BP fairly well, but takes more work. I think the reset is a great thing for PvE, but they did not really think it through with the hard CC damage reduction in the competitive modes. Honestly they should move the new Fierce Blow damage in PvE into the competitive modes instead of reducing it since so much of the weapons other sources of damage are being gutted.

ES->FC->ES can stack BP fairly well, but takes more work. I think the reset is a great thing for PvE, but they did not really think it through with the hard CC damage reduction in the competitive modes. Honestly they should move the new Fierce Blow damage in PvE into the competitive modes instead of reducing it since so much of the weapons other sources of damage are being gutted.

Thats still 3 skills you have to hit to gain 21% more dmg with "all" your hits...while merciless hammer gives 20%, cdr and a ton of adrenalin.Since fierce blow is basically your only dmg skill, apart from autos and hammer 3, and that only really WHILE your opponent is cc'ed you only rly use it when he is, so you will always get that 20% from merciless hammer when using fierce blow, while you more likely wont have those 21% when you go into fierce blow comboing them to death.

Thats why im saying i wouldnt take berserkers power, like, ever, when using hammer.

Yea, in pve its okey, i guess, because you are way more likely to hit your combo in that short timeframe with quickness to gain a few seconds off that reset.

Still, in my opinion that little gimmick on backbreaker doesnt justify losing so much dmg on hammer

@RedShark.9548 said:

Thats still 3 skills you have to hit to gain 21% more dmg with "all" your hits...while merciless hammer gives 20%, cdr and a ton of adrenalin.Since fierce blow is basically your only dmg skill, apart from autos and hammer 3, and that only really WHILE your opponent is cc'ed you only rly use it when he is, so you will always get that 20% from merciless hammer when using fierce blow, while you more likely wont have those 21% when you go into fierce blow comboing them to death.

Thats why im saying i wouldnt take berserkers power, like, ever, when using hammer.

Yea, in pve its okey, i guess, because you are way more likely to hit your combo in that short timeframe with quickness to gain a few seconds off that reset.

Still, in my opinion that little gimmick on backbreaker doesnt justify losing so much dmg on hammer

This also doesn’t take into account the other weapon set. I would argue that if it’s GS or Axe that BP becomes better, but if it’s Swd/horn then sure run MH.

Still MH is the best adrenaline fueling source Warrior has hands down.

This also doesn’t take into account the other weapon set. I would argue that if it’s GS or Axe that BP becomes better, but if it’s Swd/horn then sure run MH.

Axe? Meh, lost so much dmg, and 1 might on evisc, could have removed that completely, it looks like a mockery tbh.

Id still probably run dagger mainhand to complement hammer, remove all the boons, swap to hammer and send them to kiss the floor. Maybe dagger/mace hammer in pvp. Mace 5 them down, close the distance, remove boon with dagger swap to hammer, and bash in some skulls.Or dagger remove boons, if they start running, send a shockwave to them, then swap hammer, hammerstun jump onto them and the rest you already know ^^

@RedShark.9548 said:

Axe? Meh, lost so much dmg, and 1 might on evisc, could have removed that completely, it looks like a mockery tbh.

Id still probably run dagger mainhand to complement hammer, remove all the boons, swap to hammer and send them to kiss the floor. Maybe dagger/mace hammer in pvp. Mace 5 them down, close the distance, remove boon with dagger swap to hammer, and bash in some skulls.Or dagger remove boons, if they start running, send a shockwave to them, then swap hammer, hammerstun jump onto them and the rest you already know ^^

Definitely fun. Maybe Reaper runes could be a fun choice.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:axe is still going to do good damage even tho it got hit really hard. also severance for wvw, that 250 precise + feroc will be even better.

I completely agree, Axe 5 is just too good for certain WvW groups and it's a huge factor in the group that I run with. Many times have we won a battle with a massive hammer 5 into axe 5 spam. (This is medium-ish WvW with 15-20 group size)

@Loffels.5934 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:axe is still going to do good damage even tho it got hit really hard. also severance for wvw, that 250 precise + feroc will be even better.

I completely agree, Axe 5 is just too good for certain WvW groups and it's a huge factor in the group that I run with. Many times have we won a battle with a massive hammer 5 into axe 5 spam. (This is medium-ish WvW with 15-20 group size)

Bull's Charge -> Axe 5 is fun too.

I was mostly talking about mainhand, and there is was already not rly that good to play it, because it was just dmg, no utility and now it doesnt even do thatmuch dmg, and is still as hard to connect as before

@RedShark.9548 said:

I was mostly talking about mainhand, and there is was already not rly that good to play it, because it was just dmg, no utility and now it doesnt even do thatmuch dmg, and is still as hard to connect as before

I was talking about mh too. dmg will be even more important, dagger will be meme dmg altho still good cuz might gens and boon rippers. if tactic becomes meta then the immob on cripple would make axe good I think so idk. not that in tune with war.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

I was talking about mh too. dmg will be even more important, dagger will be meme dmg altho still good cuz might gens and boon rippers. if tactic becomes meta then the immob on cripple would make axe good I think so idk. not that in tune with war.

If you fish out dodges/cleanses then Axe3->F1 with Leg Specialist will down a bish now. Might have to follow up with Axe2 + AA chain post balance patch, but those hit quickly so /meh.