NEW PROFESSION — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions

NEW PROFESSION

If you wish to have a new profession, please comment here.
Profession Name:
Armor class:
Weapon type : (magic, weapons, bending reality, stuff like that)
Strength:
Effective way to fight:
Effect it has:
(And more if you want!)

Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

<1

Comments

  • (If you want you can add categories in your comment) That's how I'd organize that.

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Okay...
    .... Good thoughts.

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Profession name: Slayer
    Armor class: heavy
    Weapon type: spear, harpoon gun
    Strength:
    Core profession is Monster Hunter-esqe.
    E-Specs are based around the dead Elder Dragons.

    How it would play: Timing your skills would be the most efficient way to get the most out of the class. Slow high bursts of damage, very tanky and bulky class.
    You unlock the class via completing Core Story. In Arah you find a Ley Talisman that allows you to capture the essence of the ED you slay, so you unlock E-Specs only after killing them.

    Preview of the most important mechanic, Carapace - during combat the damage you take and deal counts in the Carapace F1 skill. You then are able to summon the Elder Dragon's strength changing your utilities and Elite skills for a brief time of 10s with 40s CD.

    • Undead Carapace: surround yourself with undeads' corpses and gain Protection
    • Jungle Carapace: surround yourself with vines and gain Resistance
    • Crystal Carapace: surround yourself with Kralkatorrik's crystals and gain Retaliation

    Elite (without Carapace): Thrust with your spear the first foe you hit and charge for 3 seconds (enemy goes with you). If you hit the wall deal bonus damage and knock down your foe.

    Elite (Zhaitan): Send forth a Tide of the Undead who apply various conditions on your foes.

    Elite (Mordremoth): Stomp the ground and summon untargetable Jungle Vines that rapidly hit your foes. Or stomp the ground and summon immobilizing (killable) Jungle Vines.

    Elite (Kralkatorrik): Close your foe in a Branded Crystal for 3 seconds. Enemies can destroy the crystal to save their teammate. If they fail, the enemy takes huge damage.

    I could go on, but that's it for now.

    Oh, Harpoon Gun's shot would stick to your target, do you could pull them, push them, pull yourself to them and immobilize them. Not a damage tool.

  • That's what im looking for! GJ

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DonArkanio.6419 said:
    Profession name: Slayer
    Armor class: heavy
    Weapon type: spear, harpoon gun
    Strength:
    Core profession is Monster Hunter-esqe.
    E-Specs are based around the dead Elder Dragons.

    How it would play: Timing your skills would be the most efficient way to get the most out of the class. Slow high bursts of damage, very tanky and bulky class.
    You unlock the class via completing Core Story. In Arah you find a Ley Talisman that allows you to capture the essence of the ED you slay, so you unlock E-Specs only after killing them.

    Preview of the most important mechanic, Carapace - during combat the damage you take and deal counts in the Carapace F1 skill. You then are able to summon the Elder Dragon's strength changing your utilities and Elite skills for a brief time of 10s with 40s CD.

    • Undead Carapace: surround yourself with undeads' corpses and gain Protection
    • Jungle Carapace: surround yourself with vines and gain Resistance
    • Crystal Carapace: surround yourself with Kralkatorrik's crystals and gain Retaliation

    Elite (without Carapace): Thrust with your spear the first foe you hit and charge for 3 seconds (enemy goes with you). If you hit the wall deal bonus damage and knock down your foe.

    Elite (Zhaitan): Send forth a Tide of the Undead who apply various conditions on your foes.

    Elite (Mordremoth): Stomp the ground and summon untargetable Jungle Vines that rapidly hit your foes. Or stomp the ground and summon immobilizing (killable) Jungle Vines.

    Elite (Kralkatorrik): Close your foe in a Branded Crystal for 3 seconds. Enemies can destroy the crystal to save their teammate. If they fail, the enemy takes huge damage.

    I could go on, but that's it for now.

    Oh, Harpoon Gun's shot would stick to your target, do you could pull them, push them, pull yourself to them and immobilize them. Not a damage tool.

    Undeads carapace sounds disgusting and very unpracticable. Imagin carrying one corpse around, and now imagine carrying multiple around that surround your whole body.

  • DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @DonArkanio.6419 said:
    Profession name: Slayer
    Armor class: heavy
    Weapon type: spear, harpoon gun
    Strength:
    Core profession is Monster Hunter-esqe.
    E-Specs are based around the dead Elder Dragons.

    How it would play: Timing your skills would be the most efficient way to get the most out of the class. Slow high bursts of damage, very tanky and bulky class.
    You unlock the class via completing Core Story. In Arah you find a Ley Talisman that allows you to capture the essence of the ED you slay, so you unlock E-Specs only after killing them.

    Preview of the most important mechanic, Carapace - during combat the damage you take and deal counts in the Carapace F1 skill. You then are able to summon the Elder Dragon's strength changing your utilities and Elite skills for a brief time of 10s with 40s CD.

    • Undead Carapace: surround yourself with undeads' corpses and gain Protection
    • Jungle Carapace: surround yourself with vines and gain Resistance
    • Crystal Carapace: surround yourself with Kralkatorrik's crystals and gain Retaliation

    Elite (without Carapace): Thrust with your spear the first foe you hit and charge for 3 seconds (enemy goes with you). If you hit the wall deal bonus damage and knock down your foe.

    Elite (Zhaitan): Send forth a Tide of the Undead who apply various conditions on your foes.

    Elite (Mordremoth): Stomp the ground and summon untargetable Jungle Vines that rapidly hit your foes. Or stomp the ground and summon immobilizing (killable) Jungle Vines.

    Elite (Kralkatorrik): Close your foe in a Branded Crystal for 3 seconds. Enemies can destroy the crystal to save their teammate. If they fail, the enemy takes huge damage.

    I could go on, but that's it for now.

    Oh, Harpoon Gun's shot would stick to your target, do you could pull them, push them, pull yourself to them and immobilize them. Not a damage tool.

    Undeads carapace sounds disgusting and very unpracticable. Imagin carrying one corpse around, and now imagine carrying multiple around that surround your whole body.

    It is indead disgusting. But then again, the whole Zhaitan is like that - no jaw, just tendrily, snake'y dead dragon head in his mouth - that's what you get for killing an Elder Dragon!

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DonArkanio.6419 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @DonArkanio.6419 said:
    Profession name: Slayer
    Armor class: heavy
    Weapon type: spear, harpoon gun
    Strength:
    Core profession is Monster Hunter-esqe.
    E-Specs are based around the dead Elder Dragons.

    How it would play: Timing your skills would be the most efficient way to get the most out of the class. Slow high bursts of damage, very tanky and bulky class.
    You unlock the class via completing Core Story. In Arah you find a Ley Talisman that allows you to capture the essence of the ED you slay, so you unlock E-Specs only after killing them.

    Preview of the most important mechanic, Carapace - during combat the damage you take and deal counts in the Carapace F1 skill. You then are able to summon the Elder Dragon's strength changing your utilities and Elite skills for a brief time of 10s with 40s CD.

    • Undead Carapace: surround yourself with undeads' corpses and gain Protection
    • Jungle Carapace: surround yourself with vines and gain Resistance
    • Crystal Carapace: surround yourself with Kralkatorrik's crystals and gain Retaliation

    Elite (without Carapace): Thrust with your spear the first foe you hit and charge for 3 seconds (enemy goes with you). If you hit the wall deal bonus damage and knock down your foe.

    Elite (Zhaitan): Send forth a Tide of the Undead who apply various conditions on your foes.

    Elite (Mordremoth): Stomp the ground and summon untargetable Jungle Vines that rapidly hit your foes. Or stomp the ground and summon immobilizing (killable) Jungle Vines.

    Elite (Kralkatorrik): Close your foe in a Branded Crystal for 3 seconds. Enemies can destroy the crystal to save their teammate. If they fail, the enemy takes huge damage.

    I could go on, but that's it for now.

    Oh, Harpoon Gun's shot would stick to your target, do you could pull them, push them, pull yourself to them and immobilize them. Not a damage tool.

    Undeads carapace sounds disgusting and very unpracticable. Imagin carrying one corpse around, and now imagine carrying multiple around that surround your whole body.

    It is indead disgusting. But then again, the whole Zhaitan is like that - no jaw, just tendrily, snake'y dead dragon head in his mouth - that's what you get for killing an Elder Dragon!

    You still cant carry around a bunch of corpses for protection, that was my main point xd

  • Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2020

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    toxicologist
    analyzes each professions sub forum and does more damage to those who are more toxic / salty while being more tanky and trolly vs the others.

    +1

  • Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Not directly profession but second class!

    Every class can choose 1 trait from another as specialization.
    Including for that, you gain the utilitys from the trait but you will not gain an extra weapon or f skill.

    Example you use as warrior the blood trait from necro, you will gain every fountain and as utility and can use the trait boni, but that's it. No rewive etc..

    It could bring some cool new variants

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    comming pach balance give us 9*3 new classes. And remove old. Welcome to gw2.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Hmmmmm... It'd be cool to have a secondary profession...

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • COMMENTS CONTINUED

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Any new profession, I don't care. I just want a new profession!

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • Okay......

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Profession Name: The Focused
    Armor class: light
    Weapon type: magic from the enemies they’ve once fought. Turning the powers of enemies against themselves like how Mesmer once was but
    This is distinctively through only defeated foes.
    Strength: their core specs involve changing between multiple foes skills at a time. The core special attack would be temporarily combining the energy of the defeated.
    Effective way to fight: Melee ranged magic
    Effect it has:
    The elite attack would allow the person to transform into their last defeated foe becoming imbued with their full powers for 45 seconds.

  • That's a very cool idea dodgerrule.8739 VERY cool idea.

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Paragon
    Heavy
    Skills: see gw1

  • :bleep_bloop::bleep_bloop::bleep_bloop:

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Lancer
    Medium

    Access to trident harpoon staff and swords.

    Class mechanic is they have 5s weapon swaps. Their f2 charges by swapping weapons. 4 weapon swaps in combat charges it. It unleashes a powerful throwing javelin that does high damage. So theoretically would be up every 20s. Charges to 50% outside of combat.

  • anyone else
    ???????? ????

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Please no more classes .

  • @lare.5129 said:
    comming pach balance give us 9*3 new classes. And remove old. Welcome to gw2.

    9*3 -1

    Chrono still deader than a doornail after patch

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Konrad Curze.5130 said:
    Chrono still deader than a doornail after patch

    few days ago complete cms+t4 on chrono sup. Check you buttons.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Konrad Curze.5130Konrad Curze.5130 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Konrad Curze.5130 said:
    Chrono still deader than a doornail after patch

    few days ago complete cms+t4 on chrono sup. Check you buttons.

    Yeah, you can ride the coattails of other's effort with any proff. But this is about being a bro and pulling your weight . Even if I can Im not willing to make my guildies suffer because of my stubborness to play a nearly worthless proff when I could play literally any other and be far more effective instead.

    But hey, if your friends tolerate that, you do you

  • Bassdeff.1895Bassdeff.1895 Member ✭✭✭

    I love my Rev, and I love my Ele, and I though, what if my rev and my ele loved each other and had a baby.

    Profession = Monk
    Armor type = Light
    Weapon type = Staff exclusively (water weapon is spear)
    Profession Mechanics = Meditations and Chants
    Swapping Chants would act like Ele attunments, changing the skills on your weapon but you only have 3 chants vs 4 attunements. Meditations would act like rev legends and change your whole utility bar and you get to equip 2 meditations. On top of that you would have to manage a pool of Chi energy, each skill would require a certain amount of Chi.
    Specializations would unlock both a new chant and meditation.

  • Girth.9731Girth.9731 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

    Can I cheat and do an eliet warrior spec?

    Class = Champion

    Armor = Heavy

    New weapon = Polearm

    Strength = Focuses on dueling with a brawler type playstyle. Good single target damage, tankiness, and sustain over time

    Weakness = Low mobility and very kitable, lacks AOE damage, susceptible to burst damage and conditions.

    Focus/Theme = Taunts, counter attacks, inflincting vulnerability, might generation, healing based on damage dealt to opponents

    Profession mechanic = "Duel", the Warrior's burst is replaced with the ability "Duel". Duel counts as a burst skill.

    Duel - 12s CD, 1s cast time ability that creates an arena in a 600 range around the Warrior. Those who attempt to cross the arena will be inflicted with knockback.The duration of Duel depends on the adrenaline level of the skill. While inside the arena, the Warrior gains pulsing might, swiftness, and fury and regains access to his normal burst skills. Opponents inside the arena are inflicted with an intial taunt followed by pulsing cripple and vulnerability every few seconds.

    Polearm skills

    1. Relatively low dps autoattack chain, the last hit inflicts a stack of vulnerability and cripple

    2. "Sundering Strike" 6s CD, hit your opponent with the hammer of your polearm, dealing moderate damage and inflicting 5 stacks of vulnerability for a short time

    3. "Impale" - 12s CD, low base damage, thrust with the spike of your polearm to find a weakness in your opponents armor. If your opponent is inflinted with 10 or more stacks of vulnerability, this ability does 100% more damage and refreshes 50% faster.

    4. "Counter Strike" 18s CD, block incoming attacks for 2s. If a skill is blocked during this time frame, you lash out with the blunt end of your polearm, stunning your opponent for 1s as well as inflicting vulnerability and cripple.

    5. "Ankle Rake" 25s CD, use the axe head of your polearm to hook the opponent's feet. If they are crippled, they are pulled towards you and knocked down for 2s.

    Burst - "Death Blow" 8s CD, Raise your polearm above your head and strike your opponent with a devastating blow, cracking their armor and inflicting a large amount of vulnerabilty. Enemies who are under 50% health are marked for death for the next 4s. You heal based on a proportion of the damage you deal to marked targets.

    Was basically trying to combine the themes of axe and hammer with this weapon

    Utilities would focus on taunting your opponent, inflincting vulnerability, crippling them, and empowering yourself through might and fury generation

    Heal skill would passively heal you based on damage dealt, activating would taught nearby enemies and heal you based on the damage you take over the next few seconds

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @The Light In The Darkness.8360 said:
    Please no more classes .

    ..and here is my nemesis. Use that for a new profesion name, "Nemesis." It could have skills that change based on the profesion of whatever enemy is targeted.

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • Good idea!

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Konrad Curze.5130 said:
    But hey, if your friends tolerate that, you do you

    it was pug party.
    But yes, no one can't say you no. You can find guildmates, and do any setup what you want.
    Want 4 scourges + 1 druid ? np
    want 3 condi scrapers, chrono, and heal scourge ? welcome. Don't see any problem.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    @Girth.9731 said:
    Can I cheat and do an eliet warrior spec?

    after each big rebalance you already at least have to much new professions, if see not only colors on skill.
    warrior ? check yours hammer after next rebalance pacth. You can rename you class yours current elite class to Hammercrusher if will feel better.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    Kodan race with one unique class with hammer.

    Avicaras with dual sword.
    Tengo with sword shield.

    Slayers [XD] NSP Guild
    Yao Chen Herald/Ventari
    Ying Wuxian Renegade/Demon

  • Drizzt.1796Drizzt.1796 Member ✭✭
    edited February 27, 2020

    @Aeolus.3615 said:
    Kodan race with one unique class with hammer.

    Avicaras with dual sword.
    Tengo with sword shield.

    If you want a new playable race go here . Anyways, not sure if i like that one to much either, i said new proffesion.

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Profession Name: Ritualist

    • Armor class: Light
    • Weapon type : Staff, Scepter, Focus, Sword, Mace and Torch(cannot weapon swap)
    • Strength: Heavy support and range.
      Effective way to fight: Using urns the Ritualist would have its active skills on its skill bar and its held urn which use essence(an energy source when it needs to. When holding the urn the skills are more powerful but at higher cost. The urn can also be placed in the world for passive effects for allies but the essence degenerates rather than regenerates over time.

    The Urn has 3 modes which makes up for the Ritualist's lack of a weapon swap. Passive, held and placed.

    • Passive: Each of the 5 skills is much weaker than the other versions of the skills but provides minor benefits to allies or damage to enemies around the Ritualist about 180 range.
    • Held: The skills convert to attacks and support skills in your 1-5 skills which can now be channeled and cast for greater power.
    • Placed: The Urn has its own health pool which means it can be destroyed in the world. While in the world it slowly eats your essence away until it can no longer be sustained and breaks itself. While active it can pulse out support to allies or damage to enemies.

    The 5 skills of the urn are extremely similar to each other with the 5th skill always being summon the urn or destroy it.

    Utility skills:

    • Spirits: Unlike Ranger spirits these spirits will attack or provide support for allies at the cost of their own health, leading them to be both more interactive and more difficult to use.
    • Spectral: These skills frequently provide essence and are more offensive than the necromancer's spectral skills.
    • Signets: Passive skills that have an active benefit. No real difference from other classes aside from their uniqueness for the Ritualist.
    • Consecration: A mix of support and control skills.

    Specializations:

    • Channeling: Influences the ritualists essence consumption and generation as well as raw damage
    • Spawning: More defensive which would influence things like spirits and other potential summons.
    • Communing: Influences the ritualists condition damage through torment and burning as well more offensive supporting in some way.
    • Restoration: Primarily influences healing power and overall vitality as well as revive potential.
    • Rituals: Influences the urn as its primary focus, promoting general use utility for the ritualist.

    Elite Specializations:

    • Envoy: Converts the Urn into a spirit ally that can be summoned when the urn is dropped making it mobile rather than a static placed totem. The urn skills become more offensive in nature. The Envoy gets a longbow as its weapon and corruptions as its utility skills.
    • Shaman: The Urn becomes totems which provide more passive buffs when placed and healing but eat at the essence of the user much quicker. More than one totem can be placed at a time as opposed to the single urn. Weapon is a shield and glyphs which change their effect based on proximity to a totem or not.

    Just some ideas. Personally I love the urn idea. Other aspects of it I'm not super attached too. I think this fits Ritualist extremely well, but I purposely left the skills themselves blank just giving a general idea of how the class would play. Primarily as a back line support. Its DPS would likely be a bit lower and it would be a medium health class. Not high or lower. But it would also be a fairly slow class in combat. In GW1 Ritualist was all about set ups and pay offs and I feel that this is something that could be carried over into guild wars 2 and be far more successful.

  • Drizzt.1796Drizzt.1796 Member ✭✭
    edited February 15, 2020

    @Lily.1935 said:
    Profession Name: Ritualist

    • Armor class: Light
    • Weapon type : Staff, Scepter, Focus, Sword, Mace and Torch(cannot weapon swap)
    • Strength: Heavy support and range.
      Effective way to fight: Using urns the Ritualist would have its active skills on its skill bar and its held urn which use essence(an energy source when it needs to. When holding the urn the skills are more powerful but at higher cost. The urn can also be placed in the world for passive effects for allies but the essence degenerates rather than regenerates over time.

    The Urn has 3 modes which makes up for the Ritualist's lack of a weapon swap. Passive, held and placed.

    • Passive: Each of the 5 skills is much weaker than the other versions of the skills but provides minor benefits to allies or damage to enemies around the Ritualist about 180 range.
    • Held: The skills convert to attacks and support skills in your 1-5 skills which can now be channeled and cast for greater power.
    • Placed: The Urn has its own health pool which means it can be destroyed in the world. While in the world it slowly eats your essence away until it can no longer be sustained and breaks itself. While active it can pulse out support to allies or damage to enemies.

    The 5 skills of the urn are extremely similar to each other with the 5th skill always being summon the urn or destroy it.

    Utility skills:

    • Spirits: Unlike Ranger spirits these spirits will attack or provide support for allies at the cost of their own health, leading them to be both more interactive and more difficult to use.
    • Spectral: These skills frequently provide essence and are more offensive than the necromancer's spectral skills.
    • Signets: Passive skills that have an active benefit. No real difference from other classes aside from their uniqueness for the Ritualist.
    • Consecration: A mix of support and control skills.

    Specializations:

    • Channeling: Influences the ritualists essence consumption and generation as well as raw damage
    • Spawning: More defensive which would influence things like spirits and other potential summons.
    • Communing: Influences the ritualists condition damage through torment and burning as well more offensive supporting in some way.
    • Restoration: Primarily influences healing power and overall vitality as well as revive potential.
    • Rituals: Influences the urn as its primary focus, promoting general use utility for the ritualist.

    Elite Specializations:

    • Envoy: Converts the Urn into a spirit ally that can be summoned when the urn is dropped making it mobile rather than a static placed totem. The urn skills become more offensive in nature. The Envoy gets a longbow as its weapon and corruptions as its utility skills.
    • Shaman: The Urn becomes totems which provide more passive buffs when placed and healing but eat at the essence of the user much quicker. More than one totem can be placed at a time as opposed to the single urn. Weapon is a shield and glyphs which change their effect based on proximity to a totem or not.

    Just some ideas. Personally I love the urn idea. Other aspects of it I'm not super attached too. I think this fits Ritualist extremely well, but I purposely left the skills themselves blank just giving a general idea of how the class would play. Primarily as a back line support. Its DPS would likely be a bit lower and it would be a medium health class. Not high or lower. But it would also be a fairly slow class in combat. In GW1 Ritualist was all about set ups and pay offs and I feel that this is something that could be carried over into guild wars 2 and be far more successful.

    Wooooooow! That is amazing @Lily.1935 !!!

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Drizzt.1796 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    Profession Name: Ritualist

    • Armor class: Light
    • Weapon type : Staff, Scepter, Focus, Sword, Mace and Torch(cannot weapon swap)
    • Strength: Heavy support and range.
      Effective way to fight: Using urns the Ritualist would have its active skills on its skill bar and its held urn which use essence(an energy source when it needs to. When holding the urn the skills are more powerful but at higher cost. The urn can also be placed in the world for passive effects for allies but the essence degenerates rather than regenerates over time.

    The Urn has 3 modes which makes up for the Ritualist's lack of a weapon swap. Passive, held and placed.

    • Passive: Each of the 5 skills is much weaker than the other versions of the skills but provides minor benefits to allies or damage to enemies around the Ritualist about 180 range.
    • Held: The skills convert to attacks and support skills in your 1-5 skills which can now be channeled and cast for greater power.
    • Placed: The Urn has its own health pool which means it can be destroyed in the world. While in the world it slowly eats your essence away until it can no longer be sustained and breaks itself. While active it can pulse out support to allies or damage to enemies.

    The 5 skills of the urn are extremely similar to each other with the 5th skill always being summon the urn or destroy it.

    Utility skills:

    • Spirits: Unlike Ranger spirits these spirits will attack or provide support for allies at the cost of their own health, leading them to be both more interactive and more difficult to use.
    • Spectral: These skills frequently provide essence and are more offensive than the necromancer's spectral skills.
    • Signets: Passive skills that have an active benefit. No real difference from other classes aside from their uniqueness for the Ritualist.
    • Consecration: A mix of support and control skills.

    Specializations:

    • Channeling: Influences the ritualists essence consumption and generation as well as raw damage
    • Spawning: More defensive which would influence things like spirits and other potential summons.
    • Communing: Influences the ritualists condition damage through torment and burning as well more offensive supporting in some way.
    • Restoration: Primarily influences healing power and overall vitality as well as revive potential.
    • Rituals: Influences the urn as its primary focus, promoting general use utility for the ritualist.

    Elite Specializations:

    • Envoy: Converts the Urn into a spirit ally that can be summoned when the urn is dropped making it mobile rather than a static placed totem. The urn skills become more offensive in nature. The Envoy gets a longbow as its weapon and corruptions as its utility skills.
    • Shaman: The Urn becomes totems which provide more passive buffs when placed and healing but eat at the essence of the user much quicker. More than one totem can be placed at a time as opposed to the single urn. Weapon is a shield and glyphs which change their effect based on proximity to a totem or not.

    Just some ideas. Personally I love the urn idea. Other aspects of it I'm not super attached too. I think this fits Ritualist extremely well, but I purposely left the skills themselves blank just giving a general idea of how the class would play. Primarily as a back line support. Its DPS would likely be a bit lower and it would be a medium health class. Not high or lower. But it would also be a fairly slow class in combat. In GW1 Ritualist was all about set ups and pay offs and I feel that this is something that could be carried over into guild wars 2 and be far more successful.

    Wooooooow! That is amazing @Lily.1935 !!!

    Thanks.

  • Drizzt.1796Drizzt.1796 Member ✭✭
    edited February 15, 2020

    @Lily.1935 said:

    @Drizzt.1796 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    Profession Name: Ritualist

    • Armor class: Light
    • Weapon type : Staff, Scepter, Focus, Sword, Mace and Torch(cannot weapon swap)
    • Strength: Heavy support and range.
      Effective way to fight: Using urns the Ritualist would have its active skills on its skill bar and its held urn which use essence(an energy source when it needs to. When holding the urn the skills are more powerful but at higher cost. The urn can also be placed in the world for passive effects for allies but the essence degenerates rather than regenerates over time.

    The Urn has 3 modes which makes up for the Ritualist's lack of a weapon swap. Passive, held and placed.

    • Passive: Each of the 5 skills is much weaker than the other versions of the skills but provides minor benefits to allies or damage to enemies around the Ritualist about 180 range.
    • Held: The skills convert to attacks and support skills in your 1-5 skills which can now be channeled and cast for greater power.
    • Placed: The Urn has its own health pool which means it can be destroyed in the world. While in the world it slowly eats your essence away until it can no longer be sustained and breaks itself. While active it can pulse out support to allies or damage to enemies.

    The 5 skills of the urn are extremely similar to each other with the 5th skill always being summon the urn or destroy it.

    Utility skills:

    • Spirits: Unlike Ranger spirits these spirits will attack or provide support for allies at the cost of their own health, leading them to be both more interactive and more difficult to use.
    • Spectral: These skills frequently provide essence and are more offensive than the necromancer's spectral skills.
    • Signets: Passive skills that have an active benefit. No real difference from other classes aside from their uniqueness for the Ritualist.
    • Consecration: A mix of support and control skills.

    Specializations:

    • Channeling: Influences the ritualists essence consumption and generation as well as raw damage
    • Spawning: More defensive which would influence things like spirits and other potential summons.
    • Communing: Influences the ritualists condition damage through torment and burning as well more offensive supporting in some way.
    • Restoration: Primarily influences healing power and overall vitality as well as revive potential.
    • Rituals: Influences the urn as its primary focus, promoting general use utility for the ritualist.

    Elite Specializations:

    • Envoy: Converts the Urn into a spirit ally that can be summoned when the urn is dropped making it mobile rather than a static placed totem. The urn skills become more offensive in nature. The Envoy gets a longbow as its weapon and corruptions as its utility skills.
    • Shaman: The Urn becomes totems which provide more passive buffs when placed and healing but eat at the essence of the user much quicker. More than one totem can be placed at a time as opposed to the single urn. Weapon is a shield and glyphs which change their effect based on proximity to a totem or not.

    Just some ideas. Personally I love the urn idea. Other aspects of it I'm not super attached too. I think this fits Ritualist extremely well, but I purposely left the skills themselves blank just giving a general idea of how the class would play. Primarily as a back line support. Its DPS would likely be a bit lower and it would be a medium health class. Not high or lower. But it would also be a fairly slow class in combat. In GW1 Ritualist was all about set ups and pay offs and I feel that this is something that could be carried over into guild wars 2 and be far more successful.

    Wooooooow! That is amazing @Lily.1935 !!!

    Thanks.

    Your welcome! Its cool that you pieced together things from the original GW to make a modern-day Ritualist.

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭

    @Avatar.3568 said:
    Not directly profession but second class!

    Every class can choose 1 trait from another as specialization.
    Including for that, you gain the utilitys from the trait but you will not gain an extra weapon or f skill.

    Example you use as warrior the blood trait from necro, you will gain every fountain and as utility and can use the trait boni, but that's it. No rewive etc..

    It could bring some cool new variants

    Vampiric presence on warrior yes pls

  • Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭

    Ninja or Wasp. Medium or light armor. Small sharp weapons. Highly mobile but no stealth or teleport. Climbing and leaping.
    Complete management of energy/initiative. Movement can be fast but spends energy.
    Now to make this work within the game's engine is probably a challenge.

  • @Leo.3428 said:
    Now to make this work within the game's engine is probably a challenge.

    It probably would be.

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Drizzt.1796Drizzt.1796 Member ✭✭
    edited February 23, 2020

    COMMENTS CONTINUED

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭

    In my opinion, adding more classes is not really an option because of thematical overlap.

    With the 9 classes we have right now, we are basically able to represent each archetype you can come up with through the addition of more elite specs in the future. Take the idea of the ritualist in this thread, for example. It has thematical overlap with the necromancer since they are utilising the spirits of the dead by either summoning spirit minions directly or using the soul of dead heroes with their urns.

    Adding the ritualist as an elite spec for the necromancer would make sense thematically.

    Don't want to ruin the fun, keep adding your ideas for fun classes here. I just think that adding any new classes is not really an option at this point.

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    In my opinion, adding more classes is not really an option because of thematical overlap.

    With the 9 classes we have right now, we are basically able to represent each archetype you can come up with through the addition of more elite specs in the future. Take the idea of the ritualist in this thread, for example. It has thematical overlap with the necromancer since they are utilising the spirits of the dead by either summoning spirit minions directly or using the soul of dead heroes with their urns.

    Adding the ritualist as an elite spec for the necromancer would make sense thematically.

    Don't want to ruin the fun, keep adding your ideas for fun classes here. I just think that adding any new classes is not really an option at this point.

    I don't think similar themes is necessarily a bad thing if they added new classes. Monk for example is magically very similar to the Guardian but in terms of the play style the monk would have some key differences. GW's version of the monk was more Priest like and more magic oriented so even though it shared similarities with Guardian you can't quite get the same feel.

    For ritualist you probably could get that a similar feel from necromancer with an elite spec. But you couldn't hit all the marks.

    But if we look at this from a marketing perspective a new class is more attention grabbing than elite specs. You need to already be dedicated to Guild wars to know why elite specs are important which is a flaw. In fact this is a flaw with Anet's marketing strategy as a whole. They promote strike missions rather than new raids or dungeons. Using these niche terms that do more to confuse the potential customers as opposed to excit them.

  • @DonArkanio.6419 said:
    Profession name: Slayer
    Armor class: heavy
    Weapon type: spear, harpoon gun
    Strength:
    Core profession is Monster Hunter-esqe.
    E-Specs are based around the dead Elder Dragons.

    How it would play: Timing your skills would be the most efficient way to get the most out of the class. Slow high bursts of damage, very tanky and bulky class.
    You unlock the class via completing Core Story. In Arah you find a Ley Talisman that allows you to capture the essence of the ED you slay, so you unlock E-Specs only after killing them.

    Preview of the most important mechanic, Carapace - during combat the damage you take and deal counts in the Carapace F1 skill. You then are able to summon the Elder Dragon's strength changing your utilities and Elite skills for a brief time of 10s with 40s CD.

    • Undead Carapace: surround yourself with undeads' corpses and gain Protection
    • Jungle Carapace: surround yourself with vines and gain Resistance
    • Crystal Carapace: surround yourself with Kralkatorrik's crystals and gain Retaliation

    Elite (without Carapace): Thrust with your spear the first foe you hit and charge for 3 seconds (enemy goes with you). If you hit the wall deal bonus damage and knock down your foe.

    Elite (Zhaitan): Send forth a Tide of the Undead who apply various conditions on your foes.

    Elite (Mordremoth): Stomp the ground and summon untargetable Jungle Vines that rapidly hit your foes. Or stomp the ground and summon immobilizing (killable) Jungle Vines.

    Elite (Kralkatorrik): Close your foe in a Branded Crystal for 3 seconds. Enemies can destroy the crystal to save their teammate. If they fail, the enemy takes huge damage.

    I could go on, but that's it for now.

    Oh, Harpoon Gun's shot would stick to your target, do you could pull them, push them, pull yourself to them and immobilize them. Not a damage tool.

    Oh, but then again, you would only have 1 Elite Skill and however many racial skills so, you would only gain more Elite Skill after doing Personal Story? Sounds kind of hard to get Elite Skill. I haven't even gotten started with HoT.

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Dev profession.

  • @hayabusafmw.9370 said:
    Dev profession.

    Describe it.

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Lonami.2987Lonami.2987 Member ✭✭✭

    I don't think we need more professions, and I don't think we'll be getting any either. Elite specializations are a really good idea, even if the end result is often disappointing. In any case, the solution going forward would be to strengthen elite spec design, not to make new professions.

    Still, I had a few profession ideas years ago, long before HoT even released. They're kinda basic, but I tried to stick to the ways of the game, which were kinda kitten back in 2012. The only requirements I followed were making "pet charming" useful for two other professions, and adding a no-swap heavy armor profession.

    • Soldier - Watcher: Heavy armor ranger, with some Asian martial arts flavor. Heavily influenced by samurai combat style. You would seek out animals in the wild, and learn different combat stances, which you would equip in the mechanic bar. These would let you perform special combo attacks using a pair of special blades. Trademark profession of tengu.
    • Scholar - Unnamed: Light armor spellcaster, partially based on GW1's monk and ritualist, with heavy druidic themes. You wouldn't wield your weapons, making them float in the air instead, dancing to control them. You would collect animal spirits and summon them in battle. Strong minion master role.
    • Adventurer - Unnamed: Sand-themed time-manipulating medium armor profession. Your character would be followed by copies of yourself, called echoes, who would replicate everything you do. You would be able to swap places with your last echo. Performing combos with your copies would be the core playstyle.
    • Soldier - Unnamed: Blacksmith heavy armor fighter, with runes as its special ability. No weapon swap. Mark the ground with various runes to buff allies and debuff enemies. The runes charge as combat progresses. You can smite the ground to consume them, triggering a special attack.

    Most of those ideas are no longer viable, since they were introduced through elite specializations instead.

    I must say however, that I was really disappointed with the revenant, and still am.

  • Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lonami.2987 said:

    • Adventurer - Unnamed: Sand-themed time-manipulating medium armor profession. Your character would be followed by copies of yourself, called echoes, who would replicate everything you do. You would be able to swap places with your last echo. Performing combos with your copies would be the core playstyle.

    Sounds like Sandstorm Ekko from League of Legends, lol.

  • Drizzt.1796Drizzt.1796 Member ✭✭
    edited March 15, 2020

    @Lonami.2987 said:
    I don't think we need more professions, and I don't think we'll be getting any either. Elite specializations are a really good idea, even if the end result is often disappointing. In any case, the solution going forward would be to strengthen elite spec design, not to make new professions.

    Still, I had a few profession ideas years ago, long before HoT even released. They're kinda basic, but I tried to stick to the ways of the game, which were kinda kitten back in 2012. The only requirements I followed were making "pet charming" useful for two other professions, and adding a no-swap heavy armor profession.

    • Soldier - Watcher: Heavy armor ranger, with some Asian martial arts flavor. Heavily influenced by samurai combat style. You would seek out animals in the wild, and learn different combat stances, which you would equip in the mechanic bar. These would let you perform special combo attacks using a pair of special blades. Trademark profession of tengu.

    • Scholar - Unnamed: Light armor spellcaster, partially based on GW1's monk and ritualist, with heavy druidic themes. You wouldn't wield your weapons, making them float in the air instead, dancing to control them. You would collect animal spirits and summon them in battle. Strong minion master role.

    • Adventurer - Unnamed: Sand-themed time-manipulating medium armor profession. Your character would be followed by copies of yourself, called echoes, who would replicate everything you do. You would be able to swap places with your last echo. Performing combos with your copies would be the core playstyle.

    • Soldier - Unnamed: Blacksmith heavy armor fighter, with runes as its special ability. No weapon swap. Mark the ground with various runes to buff allies and debuff enemies. The runes charge as combat progresses. You can smite the ground to consume them, triggering a special attack.

    I have names for each tbh

    • Scholar - Unnamed: Light armor spellcaster, partially based on GW1's monk and ritualist, with heavy druidic themes. You wouldn't wield your weapons, making them float in the air instead, dancing to control them. You would collect animal spirits and summon them in battle. Strong minion master role.

      • Soldier - Unnamed: Blacksmith heavy armor fighter, with runes as its special ability. No weapon swap. Mark the ground with various runes to buff allies and debuff enemies. The runes charge as combat progresses. You can smite the ground to consume them, triggering a special attack.

    This one's name might be Drefid.

    • Adventurer - Unnamed: Sand-themed time-manipulating medium armor profession. Your character would be followed by copies of yourself, called echoes, who would replicate everything you do. You would be able to swap places with your last echo. Performing combos with your copies would be the core playstyle.

    This one's name might be Wisp.

    • Soldier - Unnamed: Blacksmith heavy armor fighter, with runes as its special ability. No weapon swap. Mark the ground with various runes to buff allies and debuff enemies. The runes charge as combat progresses. You can smite the ground to consume them, triggering a special attack.

    This one's name might be Dryad.

    That's it! I had fun thinking up those names. Good ideas...! TBH I enjoyed reading those very much!

    I didn't mention the one that already had a name fyi.

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

    None.

    I am happy with the roster we have.