Branded Mount Skins — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Branded Mount Skins

I have the branded mounts pack and absolutely love it! I see they've added a way to get branded beetle through a selection license which I've been waiting for! Does anyone know if there's plans of making Skyscale and Warclaw selectable as well? I'd rather not spend 2k gems for a bunch of skins I won't use... If not well so be it, my collection will never be complete :(

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

We have no idea what their plans are.

If I was to guess, then I would say it was likely

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Funky.4861Funky.4861 Member ✭✭✭

Don't we already have a branded skyscale?

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Branded skyscale and warclaw both exist, but they're both sold in 5-packs of skins specific to those mounts, for 2,000 gems per pack:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skyscale_Ascension_Mounts_Pack
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warclaw_Frontline_Mount_Pack

There's no way to get specific skins from those sets (unlike the branded beetle which comes from Mistborn Mount licences, so you can buy just that skin for 1,200 gems).

I have no idea if Anet are planning to release those skins separately, but I'm sure it would be popular with players if they did.

I got the skyscale pack because I like several of the skins, but I had a similar problem with the warclaw pack. 800 gems is my semi-arbitrary limit for what I'll pay for a single skin and since I only want 2 of the skins in the warclaw pack (vanguard and branded) that puts it above my limit, meaning I didn't buy it and I'm missing a branded mount. (Two technically since I'm waiting for the mistborn select licence to be discounted for the same reason.) If the skins were available individually I'd buy them right away, but for now I'm just going without them.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die. Drain you of your sanity, face the thing that should not be"

• Tanner Blackfeather.6509Tanner Blackfeather.6509 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2020

Branded Warclaw Skin and Branded Skyscale Skin. Unfortunately, neither are available via Selection License - both are in (separate) 2000 gem 5-skin packages.