Build help with sustain warrior

deinon.4792

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKyAkeFlZw6YcMKWJOUT+LLA-zRZYgRHIGGRwlRgVQEpg7fkAZP8WE+1C-e is where I'm at so far.

Basically, what I'm aiming for is a tanky char with a lot of sustain to spread might and banner buffs around. I'm fairly new to this, however, and don't know the best way to go about building a warrior. I've also considered the spellbreaker, but I'm still in the process of leveling this character up.

Anyhow, this build is supposed to generate might on crits via forceful greatsword, sigil of strength and food buff, as well as from runes of the aristocracy. Might Makes Right heals me when I get might, then Phalanx Strength passes might to allies where I am again healed by Mending Might in the Tactics line. Would this be viable for things like WvW and fractals? I'm also not 100% sure on the equipment I have picked out. I know I need precision for the build to work, but after that I'm a bit lost. I'd prefer something durable, but I want to be able to deal damage at the same time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

@"deinon.4792" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKyAkeFlZw6YcMKWJOUT+LLA-zRZYgRHIGGRwlRgVQEpg7fkAZP8WE+1C-e is where I'm at so far.

Basically, what I'm aiming for is a tanky char with a lot of sustain to spread might and banner buffs around. I'm fairly new to this, however, and don't know the best way to go about building a warrior. I've also considered the spellbreaker, but I'm still in the process of leveling this character up.

Anyhow, this build is supposed to generate might on crits via forceful greatsword, sigil of strength and food buff, as well as from runes of the aristocracy. Might Makes Right heals me when I get might, then Phalanx Strength passes might to allies where I am again healed by Mending Might in the Tactics line. Would this be viable for things like WvW and fractals? I'm also not 100% sure on the equipment I have picked out. I know I need precision for the build to work, but after that I'm a bit lost. I'd prefer something durable, but I want to be able to deal damage at the same time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

You could do that in FotM, though run Berserker if you do and camp axe/axe.

For WvW look at @"RedShark.9548" 's worker builds. There is a recent one in the warrior forum.

You do have the general gist down though. Skip banners in WvW and run shouts instead.

Aristocracy runes would be better with body blow on. Try a different rune set.

If you REALLY want to try Aristocracy runes on Warrior then try this load out instead: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKCBkmd7lZwuYJMMWJOMT6LPA-zVZYgRPIGGRwlSYhQfFQgRQ4Jg7fkAZN8WE+1C-w

• 3 weeks later...

Core warrior is never bad.GS/mace+shielddiscipline/defense/strengthfood for buff/healsheal skill is your choiceuse your dodgesAssuming they haven't messed with GS all that much I haven't used this lately. But it should handle well for surviving.If not then I'd go straight to discipline/strength/spellbreaker OR disc/defense/spellbreaker for the heavier heals.