D/D Weaver - the dream?

Artemes.4850

I've always been a fan of D/D gameplay. Sword didn't feel right when I played it in beta (low power dmg compared to D/D and not as much aoe cleave). So my question is: can we make D/D weaver work (mainly pvp and wvw talking)?

I had something like this in mind: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYncMAdOgFOAWOAM5ilTA7eMnmfzFlgB4HgYCEAWAA-jFyHAB5/AAcXVllU+F++D6pWxcKBB4EA8teASBExYA-w

Nothing special, just replacing fire traitline with weaver + the weaver elite ofcouurse

What you win from it in comparaison with core D/D ele:

• small barriers with dual skills
  • 4 new skills (gives us: 2 gap closers, 1 water field and 1 heavy CC)
  • superspeed which helps us staying on our target
  • nice bonus condi removals while having superspeed
  • atunement cd is now 3,5s everywhere which enables us to get more easily access to swapping atunement bonuses like healing when going in water or getting boons from arcane traitline

What you lose: some dmg modifiers from fire, cd on fire skills and blind on burn.

Would love to hear all you D/D lovers how you will make it work! The hype is real!

That's actually one thing I don't think a lot of people realize, how beneficial a 3.5 sec cd on attunement swap. As it is now you have to try to burst down an ele as soon as they leave water, and you have 7 seconds to do it before they swap back to water. Well, now you have a lot less time.

Just in case you weren't aware - unravel hexes only removes cripple, immobilize, and chill.

As for the above argument - you only benefit from swapping to water effects if it's your mainhand. So you still have the 8 second lockout. Water -4sec> Fire -4sec>water. It's less for Arcane ofc. Double attuning doesn't give you the on swap benefits.

For PvP I wouldn't take Swift Revenge, I'd probably take Bolstered Elements. Extra damage is nice yea, but stability on stances is really nice. Especially since Twist of Fate is such an insane stunbreak already. I'd swap Mist Form and maybe even Armor of Earth for Twist of Fate and Primordial Stance.

Also, the Invigorating Strikes is IMO the better choice over Unravel Hexes. More dodges from vigor and extra barrier is really helpful. Yes the barrier is low, but it's extra effective HP.

IMO we can drop either the super speed Condi cleaning or the water trait. I dunno how fast I will be able to clean condis with super speed but with water I was clearing them very effectively. I wouldn't take super speed but the more defensive barrier on a dodge roll + additional endurance.

Oh didn't know Unravel Hexes only removes cripple immobilize and chill, read the tooltip wrong I guess. Than it's definitely not worth taking.Although we don't realy need the vigor from invigorating strikes because we alrdy have perma vigor. But barrier is nice.

Twist of fate is nice, will maybe take it instead of armor of earth or mistform but idk yet. And the stance trait is underwelming IMO. 1 stack of low duration stab is realy bad to take over 7% flat dmg increase. Is primordial stance really that strong? didn't have the time to test it out during beta. It's just a dmg boost for a short duration instead of having stunbreak/invulnerabilty or prot/stab from armor of earth. Dunno if it's worth it

@Artemes.4850 said:Oh didn't know Unravel Hexes only removes cripple immobilize and chill, read the tooltip wrong I guess. Than it's definitely not worth taking.Although we don't realy need the vigor from invigorating strikes because we alrdy have perma vigor. But barrier is nice.

Twist of fate is nice, will maybe take it instead of armor of earth or mistform but idk yet. And the stance trait is underwelming IMO. 1 stack of low duration stab is realy bad to take over 7% flat dmg increase. Is primordial stance really that strong? didn't have the time to test it out during beta. It's just a dmg boost for a short duration instead of having stunbreak/invulnerabilty or prot/stab from armor of earth. Dunno if it's worth it

Perma vigor? Not 100%, but close. 10 sec ICD on Renewing stamina, so only 6 seconds of vigor on that. The extra vigor from the cantrips does stack, but using them for vigor isn't the smart thing to do.

Primordial stance in the beta's where doing the majority of the condi damage pressure weaver was putting out. You can watch Phantaram's videos that show just how much pressure it was putting out. I'd almost have said it had too much power for a utility and should have had its damage moved over to the spec or weapon sets. In a condi set that was stacking up 10 burns in an AoE, not an insignificant amount. But as you're going more of a power route, no I'm not sure I'd take it for you.

Twist of Fate (IMO) is probably your better bet as it has faster availability for stunbreak and is an evade + some super speed. Max count of 2 is really nice if you're getting focused.

This is of course my own opinion. This comes down to a sort of personal preference as to style of stunbreak.

@Raif.9507 said:

@Artemes.4850 said:Oh didn't know Unravel Hexes only removes cripple immobilize and chill, read the tooltip wrong I guess. Than it's definitely not worth taking.Although we don't realy need the vigor from invigorating strikes because we alrdy have perma vigor. But barrier is nice.

Perma vigor? Not 100%, but close. 10 sec ICD on Renewing stamina, so only 6 seconds of vigor on that. The extra vigor from the cantrips does stack, but using them for vigor isn't the smart thing to do.

Primordial stance in the beta's where doing the majority of the condi damage pressure weaver was putting out. You can watch Phantaram's videos that show just how much pressure it was putting out. I'd almost have said it had too much power for a utility and should have had its damage moved over to the spec or weapon sets. In a condi set that was stacking up 10 burns in an AoE, not an insignificant amount. But as you're going more of a power route, no I'm not sure I'd take it for you.

Twist of Fate (IMO) is probably your better bet as it has faster availability for stunbreak and is an evade + some super speed. Max count of 2 is really nice if you're getting focused.

This is of course my own opinion. This comes down to a sort of personal preference as to style of stunbreak.

Yes perma vigor. Just renewing stamina is 8s vigor with superior sigil of concentration). Candtrips normal usage (without using it for vigor) + sometimes elemental contingency are just bonuses to assure passive vigor maintenance. Tested it during beta weekend.

Yeah the max count of 2 is indeed nice. But you can forget to even try stomping without mistform or armor of earth in big fights. I know I can cleave but the number of times mistform won me group fights because I could safely stomp ...

I've seen some footage indeed where primordial stance stacks insane dmg, however do you really want to sacrifice an utility slot for that?

S/d water/arcane/weaver will be very interesting roamer setup.So much condi cleanse with water #2 and #5 and all those water traits going off every 4 secs if you need them.

Just picture this:you get jumped by a condi bomb, you suddenly have all conditions on you.You gain unravel hexes and loose immob, cripple and chille (and hopefully slow and torment will be added) in 1 sec; you then jump into water an loose another 2 conditions due to traits and regen, now you hit water #2 dodging the incoming followup combo and loosing more conditions (1-5) due to more regen applicaiton, you then use a dodge and loose another 1-2 conditions due evasive arcana, now you can go into water (double attune) losing another 2 conditions and use water #3 and #5 to remove 3 more conditions!That is a lot of cleanse...

@Wulf.5431 said:That's actually one thing I don't think a lot of people realize, how beneficial a 3.5 sec cd on attunement swap. As it is now you have to try to burst down an ele as soon as they leave water, and you have 7 seconds to do it before they swap back to water. Well, now you have a lot less time.

Just for clarification though, If you're in, say, Fire/Water, and switch to Air/Fire, then to Water/Air, you'd have a different subset of water skills, so if the water move you needed was in the MH or OH slots, then it would still take 7 seconds to cycle back to it, right? And as for attunement bonuses, don't most of the traits only proc off the first slot anyway? So if you wanted to stay "in water attunement," wouldn't you need to go "Water/Fire, Water/Water, Fire/Water, repeat?"

@Ohoni.6057 said:

@Wulf.5431 said:That's actually one thing I don't think a lot of people realize, how beneficial a 3.5 sec cd on attunement swap. As it is now you have to try to burst down an ele as soon as they leave water, and you have 7 seconds to do it before they swap back to water. Well, now you have a lot less time.

Just for clarification though, If you're in, say, Fire/Water, and switch to Air/Fire, then to Water/Air, you'd have a different subset of water skills, so if the water move you needed was in the MH or OH slots, then it would still take 7 seconds to cycle back to it, right? And as for attunement bonuses, don't most of the traits only proc off the first slot anyway? So if you wanted to stay "in water attunement," wouldn't you need to go "Water/Fire, Water/Water, Fire/Water, repeat?"

Yes, you need to do the whole cycle through. On swap traits only apply for the mainhand, unless this is changed when PoF goes live. So the swap would be water/fire > air/water > water/air if you wanted to get the heal on water swap or the EA boon from water swap

@Raif.9507 said:

@Ohoni.6057 said:

Yes, you need to do the whole cycle through. On swap traits only apply for the mainhand, unless this is changed when PoF goes live. So the swap would be water/fire > air/water > water/air if you wanted to get the heal on water swap or the EA boon from water swap

Im quite sure that the "on attunement" traits work when double attuning.So for example you are on air/fire, you go into water (swapping to water/air) triggering all "on water attune" traits (regen from arcana, heal from water), then you go into water again (swapping to water/water) and it triggers the traits again (as they don't have ICD).

Archived