Various, probably performance-related bugs

Dear people from ArenaNet,

there are various (probably server-performance related) issues that I urgently need to bring to your attention, so I'll get straight to the heart of the matter:

1.: Soul Beast: When you perform a mounted pounce attack on an enemy and you had your pet activated before but are not merged with it, sometimes the pet doesn't appear after the mount pounced and you must re-summon it. Very annoying when you are in combat and are not planning on merging with the pet at that stage.2.: Any "minion-intense" necro build, any specialization or just core build: When you mount/dismount your mount (no matter which one) in quick succession, your minions despawn with full cooldown. Problem seems to worsen (i.e. the time you need to wait until you can mount again increases) the more minions you have activated. Server sync issues? Please fix that, it makes minion builds unplayable if you're not playing at snail speed anyway. My internet connection's fine, so is my onboard NIC.3.: Sometimes, especially with the scrapper, the player character gets stuck in combat state after having killed an enemy (no matter which one), though you have no aggro on you from another enemy, no condis are on the character, weapon is sheathed. Sometimes this lasts for minutes if you just wait for it to end. A workaround obviously is to kill a random mob, that refreshes the combat state that then may wear out normally. Or logging out to character selection screen and back in, though both workarounds cannot be a solution to the problem imho.

I must admit that I'm baffled that I haven't read about these issues anywhere or seen content creators on Twitch or Youtube talk about that. Also there's sporadic disconnect alert windows popping up without the client actually disconnecting from the server. Means I can close the alert window and all is fine (makes combat even more dynamic... just joking). On the other hand, sometimes there are lags that last for more than 2 seconds (can't activate any skills) that would suggest that the game client disconnected, but after the lag is gone all is fine again and there's no DC windows message popup at all.

All of the above seems to worsen over time. I've been watching this since the PoF release, and it's getting worse. Please, please, please do something about it. It makes combat - the part of the game that you want to be dynamic and fluent - less and less fun.

Greetings from Germany,Lars

EDIT:

Forgot another problem:

The action cam. Often times when you have an enemy perfectly targeted (i.e. the enemy and his health/break bar appear in the upper middle part of the screen just to be clear) and you perform attacks like

• Reaper Shroud weapon skill 2 or
  • Ranger (no matter which specialization or just core) dagger 3 or
  • Scrapper hammer 3 or
  • Renegade double sword skill 3the attack fails. The reaper bursts right through the enemy or misses completely (though as I said the enemy was properly targeted) or, in case of the renegade, the attack doesn't trigger at all. Dagger 3 for the soul beast has a tendency to completely miss like the Reaper Shroud 2. In short: The action cam does seem to have a huge problem with proper enemy targeting. Normally this cam is designed in a way that you need to face an enemy to target it, but when that doesn't work, a right mouse click can target the enemy manually, but even then the attacks that make the character jump at an enemy in any way often fail.

I know that the action cam was a pet project from one of your (former?) devs and he or she made it off the clock, but since I'm not the only one using it, I thought I'd bring this to your attention as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear people from Anet,

in my humble opinion now is the time to do something about the above mentioned bug concerning the obvious server sync problems when it comes to the mounts in combination with minions and pets. With your latest balance patch the following situation will now occur for many players (as I just experienced it with a soulbeast character):

• you enter a map, summon your pet
  • you get on your mount and pounce dismount on an enemy or a group of enemies (pouncing is not even necessary, normal dismount also shows this bug)
  • the pet doesn't appear
  • now, with the latest balance patch, you cannot resummon the pet because your character is in combat mode

I see what you tried to achieve by omitting the in combat pet swap and merge/unmerge, at least for competitive modes. And don't want to get more elaborate on the balance patch. But with the patch now being there, it is finally time to address the server issues affecting the mounts in combination with pets and minions that lead to the problems described in this thread. See also my posts above.

I see that bugs occur, I really do. It's just how it is. But that problem is going on since PoF release and has a massive negative impact on combat gameplay. And you're literally letting it sit since September 2017. With all politeness I can muster I suggest you finally take care of it.

Regards,an annoyed player