8th Time Failure for The Deadhouse - Slay Jabari?!?!

Legit, this is getting ridiculously frustrating... First, I've been waiting 2-3 hours for the event to even begin, and by that time its already near midnight where I live. I've been trying to complete this event for more than a week now, and I've only been able to attempt this mission once a week. The range of activity varies, from the 25 people we had tonight, to the ~90 people we had last night, and so far it's all FAILED every single time. Everyone rushes to "Save the Prisoners!" despite my desperate plea to focus the Warden instead.

Every - Single - Time, the Warden has sacrificed one of the prisoners and 3/4ths of the people are running around like their chicken's with their heads cut off, screaming "WHERE IS THE LAST PRISONER?!" when they've already died 1 minute into the encounter.

Tonight was the ONLY night which our group was able to "save" 4/4 Prisoners. And you want to know what happened? WE FAILED! The boss had less than 10% remaining Health too, so we could have easily beaten the boss if the group hadn't worked to save the prisoners. Oh, and lets not forget the people who 100% die... AND REFUSE TO RESPAWN! It takes about the exact same amount of time as someone to respawn, mount, and run down there as it does to rez them, but when you rez them you loss out on 2 peoples DPS instead of just 1. WHY DON'T PEOPLE WAYPOINT WHEN THEY'RE 100% DEAD?! (More Important Question: WHY DO PEOPLE WASTE THEIR TIME TO REZ THESE PEOPLE?!)

I just.... I just don't know what's going on... I'm currently playing my Max DPS Guardian build, only sacrificing some of my Damage potential to slaught Stability on my character that I can press so I don't get launched by the bosses attacks. This is legit the 8th time I've failed this event because of poor random groups. Can someone PLEASE explain how to do this event better so that I can at least not waste my time every single night just trying to complete this ONE event?

Sorry, I needed to vent, but this is getting gods blessing frustrating just because I keep getting either low population maps or just really bad teammates trying to complete this ONE event.

That sounds like you've had some incredibly bad luck. When I did this event there were only about 5 of us and we just ran in and killed him. I saw something about prisoners on the event info area but I ignored it and just fought the boss. Do the prisoners give you something extra? I believe my group just ignored everything and fought the boss and called it a day. Maybe grab a few friends/guildies to take with you. You shouldn't need very many people to complete the event so if you can grab people you trust you shouldn't have any further issues.

I've seen a LOT of decline in listening to/respecting the commander/squad leader, and a metric CRAPTON of people insisting on not waypointing back to the fight if they're fully dead. I have no problem with reviving downed players. It gets really frustrating to have to scream in say chat for people to waypoint if they're dead.

I totally understand your frustration.

I thought this is one of easier events there. Seriously. But maybe more competent people rushed expansion so we had better experience overall and now slackers joined the club and have no clue what to do.

The only thing I can suggest is using LFG in prime time and being patient. This event is really easy unless scaled by clueless players.

@AlphaWolvesGamer.5790 said:Legit, this is getting ridiculously frustrating... First, I've been waiting 2-3 hours for the event to even begin, and by that time its already near midnight where I live. I've been trying to complete this event for more than a week now, and I've only been able to attempt this mission once a week. The range of activity varies, from the 25 people we had tonight, to the ~90 people we had last night, and so far it's all FAILED every single time. Everyone rushes to "Save the Prisoners!" despite my desperate plea to focus the Warden instead.

Every - Single - Time, the Warden has sacrificed one of the prisoners and 3/4ths of the people are running around like their chicken's with their heads cut off, screaming "WHERE IS THE LAST PRISONER?!" when they've already died 1 minute into the encounter.

Tonight was the ONLY night which our group was able to "save" 4/4 Prisoners. And you want to know what happened? WE FAILED! The boss had less than 10% remaining Health too, so we could have easily beaten the boss if the group hadn't worked to save the prisoners. Oh, and lets not forget the people who 100% die... AND REFUSE TO RESPAWN! It takes about the exact same amount of time as someone to respawn, mount, and run down there as it does to rez them, but when you rez them you loss out on 2 peoples DPS instead of just 1. WHY DON'T PEOPLE WAYPOINT WHEN THEY'RE 100% DEAD?! (More Important Question: WHY DO PEOPLE WASTE THEIR TIME TO REZ THESE PEOPLE?!)

I just.... I just don't know what's going on... I'm currently playing my Max DPS Guardian build, only sacrificing some of my Damage potential to slaught Stability on my character that I can press so I don't get launched by the bosses attacks. This is legit the 8th time I've failed this event because of poor random groups. Can someone PLEASE explain how to do this event better so that I can at least not waste my time every single night just trying to complete this ONE event?

Sorry, I needed to vent, but this is getting gods blessing frustrating just because I keep getting either low population maps or just really bad teammates trying to complete this ONE event.

I'm sorry for your horrible luck, I'm sure you'll get it tomorrow, if the people doing it are that bad then work on another event in the Mean time.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:I thought this is one of easier events there. Seriously. But maybe more competent people rushed expansion so we had better experience overall and now slackers joined the club and have no clue what to do.

Yep, had no issues doing the event during the first week after release, even did it 5-6 times a day, all successful and smooth as butter. Idk how bad it is now, no reason to go back on those maps.

I can agree with OP. It's difficult.

Earlier this week I was trying to get the prisoner achievement with that event, and it was pretty dang difficult. Either nobody was hitting the prisoner doors, or not enough people were hitting the doors, and the event would either fail completely, or the achievement would not be...achieved. It was infuriating.

I finally hooked up with a group where some people were assigned to the prisoner doors, some were assigned to the mob doors in the back, which is what I did (which are kind of important to keep from being swarmed by adds), and the rest focused on Jabari. People actually listened, and mission accomplished...finally!

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:First of all, you can start the event yourself by talking to field foreman Erran, you don't have to wait for hours. Second, it's a griffon collection event, so it's highly popular: before you start the event, advertise in the map chat and LFG. You'll have enough people around in no time.

Also for the renegade rune recipe which is part of the weapon collection but neither of those requires saving the prisoners. Looks like I got the achievement without noticing though.

Tonight someone started the event with 8 people, didn't advertise in map chat and didn't advertise in L4G. The only had Commander Tag turned on... We didn't even get 50% of the bosses health. Their response "You should heal dead players"...... I freaking hate my life right now. (Edit) For clarification - these were dead players whining that they weren't getting revived from death. Not from downed, from death.

Respawning to the nearest waypoint also costs about 1.5s. You wouldn't believe how cheap people can be. I also suspect they also fear missing on loot that might despawn. Loot bags do despawn very fast if you're not in range, that's probably not the best design decision ever, but it is what it is and I suspect it's for server load reasons.

The release of PoF brought with it a lot of old players coming back after several years, as well as an influx of new players. While the population is higher, the average skill of each player is lower.

I've had trouble doing things like Chak Gerent as well. It isn't that the population is lower, since the map still caps. The population just isn't as skilled and isn't as familiar.

Archived