Are your rings fully infused? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Are your rings fully infused?

ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

Are your rings fully infused? 104 votes

Yes, I have infused and attuned rings
45%
Strages.2950borgs.6103Milea.6043Bellatrixa.3546Fleebag.1384Babytater.6803Blackarps.1974ArchonWing.9480Justine.6351ArthurDent.9538Zephyra.4709Fat Disgrace.4275BadMed.3846hugo.4705Chay.7852Dayra.7405Wisdom.4712Ansau.7326VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618DanAlcedo.3281 47 votes
Yes, but my rings are not attuned or infused
0%
Yes, and my characters are a glowing mess because I put a bunch of visual auras into them
3%
Widmo.3186bluberblasen.9684Emi.4152Frenjo.9587 4 votes
No, I have to throw everything away because nerfs
0%
No, and I lose fights because I'm sure if I did 50 damage in that last hit I would have won!
4%
Gryxis.6950Mechanix.9315briggah.7910Bigpapasmurf.5623YTKafka.4681 5 votes
No
25%
Undo.5091Chaba.5410cobbah.3102Junkpile.7439Dinas Dragonbane.2978Elmo Benchwarmer.3025Balthazzarr.1349Morlhach.4521ilMasa.2546Jaidy.1824Wrong Device.3014Joshhh.2076Gwaihir.1745aspirine.6852RedShark.9548TinkTinkPOOF.9201vPumpkinG.5731pointaction.4639LeonieAlexia.3750Turkeyspit.3965 27 votes
What is an infusion?
11%
Svarty.8019joneirikb.7506Nimrod.9240catalyst.1358Kovu.7560aiinseinn.5914Fish.2769L A T I O N.8923Len.1879TiqTok.8312Momekic.8603Notsoperky.4291 12 votes
I play pve and how can you be this poor?
0%
Sikieiki.3189 1 vote
I'll max out my rings after alliances come out
3%
Dralor.3701Substance E.4852HoneyBadger.5691SexyMofo.8923 4 votes
I don't use ascended gear because meta people are meanies
3%
Loosmaster.8263LetoII.3782Saleerian.2973acdspydar.8920 4 votes

Comments

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

To be honest, it should really have been just “Yes” and “No” as the only options based on the phrasing of what’s being asked. Adding more options than what’s really needed isn’t a great idea.

If whether the rings are attuned/infused:

• Infused only
    • Attuned only
    • Infused and Attuned
    • Not Infused or Attuned

Any other option would just be clutter/noise from gaining anything meaningful.

• What is an infusion?

Im confused

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2020

@Chaba.5410 said:
    Where's the "attuned but not infused because fractals is pve" option?

That was supposed to be option 2 but I suppose that should have been no lol.

Also you can get infused from the skirmish merchant. I think you need pve masteries to attune but no fractals should be needed for either. They can pick any stat.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:
    Im confused

It is a gold sink, just carry on.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    To be honest, it should really have been just “Yes” and “No” as the only options based on the phrasing of what’s being asked. Adding more options than what’s really needed isn’t a great idea.

• Infused only
    • Attuned only
    • Infused and Attuned
    • Not Infused or Attuned

Yea I know but that's not fun to know I only have 2 choices. I would just go to a presidential election in that case. ;)

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2020

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

• Infused only
    • Attuned only
    • Infused and Attuned
    • Not Infused or Attuned

Think he was just trying to be funny with most of the answers, but yeah these are the appropriate options.

And to explain to people who may not know:
    Attuned - requires throwing into the mystic toilet - 1 Ascended Ring, 1 Agonized Essence, 1 +1 Agony Infusion, 1 Philosopher's Stone. This would be fairly easy for everyone to do.

Infused - requires throwing into the mystic toilet - 1 Ascended Ring, 5 Vial of Condensed Mists Essence, 3 Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence, 1 Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence. This requires you to run fractals for the mist drops or to earn the fractal relics to purchase them. You cannot earn these mats in wvw, but you can buy the infused wvw rings with skirmish tickets and then attune it for the 3 infusion slots.

I believe infused rings can also drop as loot, but don't really remember, it's been a while since I paid attention to ring drops for me.

Edit: lack of coffee geez

^ Another derailing post ^ - Anet
    "Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs." - Thieves
    "There's no power creep, you just don't recognize more people hitting you." - Flat Earther

• lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

I'd sooner stop playing the game completely than enter WvW without fully infused gear

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

• What is an infusion?

Is this some sort of pve thing?

• Fish.2769Fish.2769 Member ✭✭✭
    What is an infusion?

Can you eat it...?

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

No, why is that even an option.

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't play fractals because ewww.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No, and I lose fights because I'm sure if I did 50 damage in that last hit I would have won!

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:
    I infused mine with a shattered aegis.

D:

Nuuuuuuu dont summon him here

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:
    I infused mine with a shattered aegis.

D:

Nuuuuuuu dont summon him here

OOoOOO! OOOOOO!!!

How long will it take him?

Those that are saying no, you do understand that it gives you (Rings being infused and attuned) up to tier 5 food stats? Like +60 for power or condo or toughness.?

That’s just for the rings. Including the armor and weapons brings it up another +40.

Back piece, and accessory adds +15 more....

I mean, don’t take it. But the +5’s can be bought with laurels. Add in a +1% damage to guards, lords and supervisors, for each of the infusions...

Well.. or don’t.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

It really isn't hard to infuse rings.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:

Also you can get infused from the skirmish merchant. I think you need pve masteries to attune but no fractals should be needed for either. They can pick any stat.

Ah yes, I forgot they added that. Most of my infused rings are drops from fractals.

edited February 5, 2020

@Chaba.5410 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:

Ah yes, I forgot they added that. Most of my infused rings are drops from fractals.

Well, that is part of the point of the thread, as it seems kinda obscure and I want people to know about it.

Incidentally fractal dropped rings are kinda sucky because only core stats. Zerker is always nice but most of it is just salvage fodder.

As I was mostly away when PoF came out I didn't notice them for a while. I also know people would rather not pve.

• Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭
    No

What that means. I have wvw infusion in some rings. :D

Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hey you forget the I have infused attuned rings but I have agony resistance in there.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

Tbh anyone that plays WvW semi regularly probably has enough tickets for the WvW rings. Adding the third infusion with the mystic forge is pretty simple after that.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

• its time I did this seeing as how the new patch will bring tons of agony.

Te lazla otstara.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm so perfect I add an intentional grace note like Mozart

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Yes, and my characters are a glowing mess because I put a bunch of visual auras into them

okey okey you got me.. :/

• Yes, I have infused and attuned rings

okay... most of these answer options are pretty useless. i'm not even sure now how a maxed out ascended ring looks - mine have only 2 infusion slots. (because was cheap to make.)

i think there are three possible, but idk how to get the last. and i can only guess about what attuned means. normally i thought attuned is the slot where u put sigils in weapons / runes in armor. ascended rings don't have that... or?

therefore, i think none of these answers would suit for me :bleep_bloop:

/// after a second read... "Are your rings** fully infused?" as question and **"Yes, but my rings are **not **attuned or infused" doesn't make any sense, does it?

edited February 6, 2020

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infused_equipment
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attuned_equipment

Attuning requires a pve mastery, but it's a top level mastery that only requires 2 points and doesn't actually require any playing of fractals. Doing so allows you to slot one additional infusion in a ring, which gives a small stat boost.

Each ring can hold up to 3 infusions. One comes with each ascended ring, and infuse/attune adds one more each. A lot of times people don't bother with the infusing step because it is overpriced and requires fractal mats, although wvw sells its own version of infused rings.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    its time I did this seeing as how the new patch will bring tons of agony.

Yea the overgrown grub will do agony damage.

• What is an infusion?

see, pve mastery..eeeewwwww.

Will they get the pun ? ;-)

Make me good at game!

• @Justine.6351 said:

does this mean we're frands?

Te lazla otstara.

• Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭
    No

WvW vendor could sell agony traps. B)

Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

@Justine.6351 said:

Just because I don't agree with you often doesn't mean I don't like you. Good people are still good people.

Make me good at game!

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

Just because I don't agree with you often doesn't mean I don't like you. Good people are still good people.

So that’s a no? 😬🥴

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2020

@Justine.6351 said:

wow how boringly enlightened of you. right on tho.

gotta admit sometimes I go full dummy

Te lazla otstara.

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

@L A T I O N.8923 said:
    Im confused

Then you are a noob!

• What is an infusion?

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@L A T I O N.8923 said:
    Im confused

Then you are a noob!

You a fat disgrace!

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2020

As long as I've played this game since as early as you could before launch, my whole time has been almost entirely half assed while watching tv at the same time so I don't know half of the things I've gotten done. I'm also bad in that I don't know what a lot of my own skills are called but I know the icon and what they do for me. I know I got as much mastery as I could some place and put an extra slot of something on both my rings. That was all I could do without having to spend a bunch of time in modes I don't like. So in short, I'm not sure which option to chose on that poll.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL]

• What is an infusion?

@kash.9213 said:
    As long as I've played this game since as early as you could before launch, my whole time has been almost entirely half assed while watching tv at the same time so I don't know half of the things I've gotten done. I'm also bad in that I don't know what a lot of my own skills are called but I know the icon and what they do for me. I know I got as much mastery as I could some place and put an extra slot of something on both my rings. That was all I could do without having to spend a bunch of time in modes I don't like. So in short, I'm not sure which option to chose on that poll.

You sound like a pve'er

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Notsoperky.4291 said:

@kash.9213 said:

You sound like a pve'er

I'm a casual player but I don't have what it takes to hang with the pve stuff. I don't even know the difference infused and attuned off hand.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL]

• Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

I love min/maxing - fully decked out in gear whenever possible. If I'm out of laurels I'll spend the tickets on WvW stat infusions - primarily bloodstone/mist trinkets as they allow for selectable stats whenever you want.

For anyone that plays both PvP/WvW wanting asc trinks I recommend spending the PvP version for mist trinks (same with the Mist Capacitor PvP ONLY as its cheaper to reslect stats this way as opposed to spending memories of battle). Another reason was a while ago they mentioned WvW tickets probably having more uses later (skin/weapon set etc) on so may as well save them...

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭
    edited February 7, 2020

ah well, so i have infused rings, but i don't understand - how is attuning an infused ring expensive? it costs the same as adding the 2nd slot, which is kinda nothing - unless i misinterpreted something here. i only use the WvW-infusions tho, since they are cheap and the others from the fractals... well, require doing fractals. i did bunch of those, but i'm really not into that. they are just repetitive farming runs :sleeping:

edit: i'm kinda maximizing fetishist, so my main aims were always getting ascended gear + as many infusion slots as possible, but i found the wikis always pretty confusing in terms of "upgrading stuff".

also, the upgrading costs are weird. some mats you gets flooded with, others are rare; i feel WvW is overall a good material farm though.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:
    ah well, so i have infused rings, but i don't understand - how is attuning an infused ring expensive?

Attuning isn't expensive. It's the cheaper option to add an infusion slot to a ring with only 1 slot. It is infusing that has always been more expensive, but that's not so much an issue anymore since one can buy infused rings with 2 slots now in WvW.

The commemorative sprockets from the memory boxes can be traded in for the fractal bits to infuse rings and back pieces if someone isn't interested in grinding fractals. Not sure how many people know about that. I converted some of my gold stash to gems for them. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Commemorative_Sprocket

• I'll max out my rings after alliances come out

No because Auras give you no tactical advantage whatsoever

welp thanks to you guys i finally have attuned and infused rings, i got enough skrimish claim tickets anways, and i'm about 1300 wxp-levels away from getting any other use to spend them.

@ substance E
    i have enemy models on "standard models" so i don't get distracted by the glowing stuff. all u see is the red/blue etc from that one infusion thingy that way; only downpart is that u never know if u fought someone before, but on the other hand provides better fps and less lag most of the time.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:
    welp thanks to you guys i finally have attuned and infused rings, i got enough skrimish claim tickets anways, and i'm about 1300 wxp-levels away from getting any other use to spend them.

Very cool. It helps enough that it’s basically a full time food buff. Could it be a difference in a fight? Maybe.

Skill will do more, but it’s a nice buff to help. And maybe it gives you more time each fight to learn from each fight.

Thank You for the {MEME}

as one of the newer players, i built up a warrior, rev, firebrand, scrapper (and their two other elite specs for roaming) for and with mostly WvW, and i kinda have to say there there is a dmg difference... my newest is the rev and has still not full gear on, but between the lv40 trinkets that the rev did wear from leveling (chars older, just not used it) and a switchover to zerker + ascended trinkets yet, there surely is a difference.

i really like that ascended gear isn't soulbound, but then again i switch chars too frequent and therefore run most time still a "underequipped" char... it would be easier if all trinkets and gear you own would be available to dis-equip / re-equip all the time in the "equipment"-tab, but guess that would make it a bit too easy for players (that don't have each ascended piece ten times)? :pensive:

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

I have stuff in my armor and weapons, kitten trinkets