Patch Feedback

Downstate.4697

Final shielding and earth's embrace on a 5 minute cooldown makes them useless.

I suggest to either leave them alone or rework them.

For example, change final shielding to lesser arcane power, granting 3 stacks to yourself any time an arcane is used.

Earths embrace could be changed to provide 10% damage reduction when below 50% health.

Another bad change is replacing elemental contingency. The new trait doesn't fit ele because they have limited disables on long cooldowns. I fear you may be limiting core eles access to protection. I'm all for reducing autoprocs but you are replacing a good trait with a bad one.

Obsidian flesh change is fine but I feel it needs a reduced CD to compensate.

Electric strike and electric discharges damage was reduced by almost 50% while most other skills in the game only got a 33% reduction. I get that they are instant cast, but I think you may have gutted fresh air builds damage. Guess time will tell.

CC spam is already bad enough. With ToF being nerfed so heavily, eles will likely be forced to ONLY BE ABLE TO RUN: stunbreak+stunbreak+stunbreak for utilities. We will be forced to use only stunbreaks as utilities because using anything else means ALWAYS LOSING to warriors. Before someone inevitably says "just dodge their ccs they have clear animations l0l" yeah not even sword weaver has enough evades to dodge low-cooldown near-infinite CC from warrior. Unless the warrior is bad or they mess up you will lose every time because you get CC'd.

@"solemn.9608" said:CC spam is already bad enough. With ToF being nerfed so heavily, eles will likely be forced to ONLY BE ABLE TO RUN: stunbreak+stunbreak+stunbreak for utilities. We will be forced to use only stunbreaks as utilities because using anything else means ALWAYS LOSING to warriors. Before someone inevitably says "just dodge their ccs they have clear animations l0l" yeah not even sword weaver has enough evades to dodge low-cooldown near-infinite CC from warrior. Unless the warrior is bad or they mess up you will lose every time because you get CC'd.

Same is gonna apply to every single class too.

Some classes can't even slot more stunbreaks (Rev)

I don't know what Anet is doing honestly.

"Nerf CC Damage but make CC strong by nerfing everything that goes against CC"

This is the most nonsensical backwards method of balancing if I've ever seen one.

@"solemn.9608" said:CC spam is already bad enough. With ToF being nerfed so heavily, eles will likely be forced to ONLY BE ABLE TO RUN: stunbreak+stunbreak+stunbreak for utilities. We will be forced to use only stunbreaks as utilities because using anything else means ALWAYS LOSING to warriors. Before someone inevitably says "just dodge their ccs they have clear animations l0l" yeah not even sword weaver has enough evades to dodge low-cooldown near-infinite CC from warrior. Unless the warrior is bad or they mess up you will lose every time because you get CC'd.

Hammer warrior damage got gutted. All skills that cc no longer have high damage modifiers

I mean. Part of the result of this patch is that you no longer NEED to dodge every CC. Warriors chain CCing you will do almost nothing unless they are putting actual damage skills in between. CC -> damage is not going to be all that devastating either unless it happens 2 or 3 times in a row. Dodges + one or two stunbreaks is enough to keep that from happening unless you're getting dogpiled by multiple warriors which eles got slapped by before anyway.

@shinta.8906 said:cmc just said on stream that they prolly wont rework the 300sec traits as they give casual pve peeps a nice oh common option. they also not ment to be usefull in competitive modes. his first idea was to give them a 999sec cd.

For WvW , Final shielding isn't even very viable in its current cooldown because 3 attacks isn't much when there's 3+ enemies or anything that dual or triple hits such as ranger rapidfire, deadeye rifles, or even warrior axe.

In most cases a damage weaver will run twist of fate (which is slated to be severely nerfed) and 2 more stunbreaks/survival skills.

@OddFinrir.6801 said:

@shinta.8906 said:cmc just said on stream that they prolly wont rework the 300sec traits as they give casual pve peeps a nice oh common option. they also not meant to be useful in competitive modes. his first idea was to give them a 999sec cd.

Where is this? Because that's incredibly condescending
and
lazy.

Haha imagine if he did say or admit that they know the skills will be useless in pvp modes and that's ok. If I were the boss and that's the mind set of the head balance but hed be gone so fast. That's what were two strong traits in warriors defense traitline now useless lowering the already problematic build diversity gw2 already suffers from. There's no way he said that. The traits will either be reworked to somthing useful in all modes or cd shaved down from the ridiculous 5 min cd. Oh wait this is gw2 were talking about haha they always hire top notch balance teams that have have a great game vision in mind no?

There a few things wrong that i see but i will try to keep it to one ideal that they are making weaver into the melee set up but forgetting that tempest as well as core are melee classes as well. By nerfing self stab and stun brakes from these 2 classes (arcain shiled and armor of earth as well as passive eye of the storm ) its cutting the legs out of these classes to fill there melee rolls.

@"shinta.8906" said:cmc just said on stream that they prolly wont rework the 300sec traits as they give casual pve peeps a nice oh common option. they also not ment to be usefull in competitive modes. his first idea was to give them a 999sec cd.

Why would you even use those traits in PvE? This kind of answer is a good way to make PvP players antagonize PvE players over nothing. Either his choice of words was poor or he is totally disconnected from the reality of this game's PvE. Had he said that thematically it's a good trait but they don't want PvP to be ruled by those kind of traits, his answer would be correct, however using "casual" PvE players as a scapegoat is clearly a problematic argument.

@Coldtart.4785 said:Who had the bright idea of reworking elemental summons? Any dev time spent working on these skills is wasting time that should be spent working on their replacements.

Because they weren't popular, devs tried to make them popular. Personally I liked the lesser elemental active skill (It's a loss for me, I was especially fond of the lesser air elemental swiftness), however being able to more or less maintain up to 3 lesser elementals might be interesting.

Edit: With how the patch is worded the elemental might even have the lesser command in built in their attack patern (which could be really great).

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Coldtart.4785 said:Who had the bright idea of reworking elemental summons? Any dev time spent working on these skills is wasting time that should be spent working on their replacements.

Because they weren't popular, devs tried to make them popular. Personally I liked the lesser elemental active skill (It's a loss for me, I was especially fond of the lesser air elemental swiftness), however being able to more or less maintain up to 3 lesser elementals might be interesting.

Edit: With how the patch is worded the elemental might even have the lesser command in built in their attack patern (which could be really great).

Yesss it's our turn to clutter everyone's screen! Let those 3 earth elementals body block for me!

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Because they weren't popular, devs tried to make them popular. Personally I liked the lesser elemental active skill (It's a loss for me, I was especially fond of the lesser air elemental swiftness), however being able to more or less maintain up to 3 lesser elementals might be interesting.

Yesss it's our turn to clutter everyone's screen! Let those 3 earth elementals body block for me!

4-5 in fact, 3 to 4 lessers and the elite with a pretty good uptime in PvE after the patch. Ele zoo incoming...On a side note, a pack of fire elementals will even have the potential to keep you at 12 might stacks without much work while the earth elementals have the potential to perma weakness foes, unfortunately, water and air won't have this much potency. The value of swiftness in combat is arguable and the way chill is applied by the water elemental is poor.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Because they weren't popular, devs tried to make them popular. Personally I liked the lesser elemental active skill (It's a loss for me, I was especially fond of the lesser air elemental swiftness), however being able to more or less maintain up to 3 lesser elementals might be interesting.

4-5 in fact, 3 to 4 lessers and the elite with a pretty good uptime in PvE after the patch. Ele zoo incoming...On a side note, a pack of fire elementals will even have the potential to keep you at 12 might stacks without much work while the earth elementals have the potential to perma weakness foes, unfortunately, water and air won't have this much potency. The value of swiftness in combat is arguable and the way chill is applied by the water elemental is poor.

Fire elementals are squishy as ripe tomatoes though...

I think zerk/marauder staff (both core and weaver) will fare better than now.With the nerfs on everyone's protection, stability, stun-breaks and heals, staff capacity to just dump a lot of dmg fields and CC on a point might make it shine on group fights, while the lower dmg on everyone's burst will improve staff ele survival (no more one shot by thief or mirage).

Duelist ele with water is looking like it will still be viable, as a weaver (water/arcane/weaver) or the old core d/d. I think celestial ammy will get more use due the nerf to 4 stat amulets, removal of boon duration ones and nerfs to healing coeficients. With dmg reduced on everyone, that extra toughness and healing power from celestial might be the better option.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Dunno about the lesser one, but the elite water elemental has some nice heals and condi cleanse, IIRC.Air elementals can range and have stuns, can be a good aid if placed correctly in PvP, specially the stuns with the nerfing of stab all over the place.I can see a FA weaver using elementals in PvP.

• 3 weeks later...

"ElementalistSummoned elementals offer a unique gameplay option for elementalists who want to fight alongside an ally, but their short duration means that they only get brief windows of use. We have increased their summon duration to give them more presence, but we don't want to make them last indefinitely like necromancer minions—we feel part of the identity of glyphs is being able to switch attunements to have different summons available. Additionally, we felt that the lesser elemental summoning glyph didn't feel distinct enough from the elite glyph since the elite elementals had the same skills as the lesser elementals. To better distinguish the two glyphs, the command skill for lesser elementals has been removed in exchange for allowing multiple lesser elementals to be summoned at once.""Summoned Elementals: Increased elemental summon time from 60 seconds to 120 seconds. Added indicator effects on the elementalist's active effects monitor to show the remaining time for each elemental."

Water elemental duration is bugged, its still 60 seconds.

I was hoping to get more uptime with this but its just cannonfodder. After the 120 seconds you still need to wait 90 seconds (cooldown starts after duration). Edit: also still removed when mounting

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:There is 1 full second delay on Updraft and it's very disturbing.

That was allways there not enofe ppl played off hand dagger to say any thing about it.

Any way it seems ele has a butter knife as a wepon i have no ideal what the point of ruining a dagger at all points of the game.