Why do mounts... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Why do mounts...

hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

Keyboard turn???? You also can't use free camera properly on the mount as well.. Who was the keyboard turning, skill clicking dev who made these and let's get them fixed up for elite PVP all stars! Thank you =)

Aurora Glade Server Leader

Comments

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah the free camera snap is obnoxious. The "keyboard" turn is every mount in every game.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

@Zephyra.4709 said:
    We talking about the annoying you run in a direction press mount and your char snap turns opposite direction? that's gotta go.

No.
    Talking about using free camera and when letting go it auto snaps forward instead of remaining.

Never had the problem you are talking about.

Make me good at game!

• Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:
    We talking about the annoying you run in a direction press mount and your char snap turns opposite direction? that's gotta go.

No.
    Talking about using free camera and when letting go it auto snaps forward instead of remaining.

It appears, at least few times a day.

Btw, Elite PvP stars dont use mounts, we show our dominance by walking around.

Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Widmo.3186 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:

No.

It appears, at least few times a day.

Btw, Elite PvP stars dont use mounts, we show our dominance by walking around.

Elite pvp stars dont have mounts unlocked yet, peasants lel.

• @Justine.6351 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:

No.

u srs? this happens literally all the time for me... while i cannot say much about the OP topic, since i don't use free camera.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:

No.

u srs? this happens literally all the time for me... while i cannot say much about the OP topic, since i don't use free camera.

Must be a new thing?

Make me good at game!

• @Justine.6351 said:

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:

No.

Must be a new thing?

Nope, been there since mounts came out, very annoying.

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah mine constantly wants me to make a right turn when I mount. Been like that since release

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• The camera snap mechanic just makes me want to snap my keyboard. Please Anet, save my keyboard.

• @LetoII.3782 said:
    Yeah mine constantly wants me to make a right turn when I mount. Been like that since release

At first I thought it was camera position related, then one day I was running from 20+ people while I was solo by the cliff of Hills, I use JI and sword 2 at one of the archers on the wall going north, get enough space to go OOC, looking straight forward, push button to mount and out of no where sharp turn left straight towards the edge of the cliff, I stopped in time, by the time I back up and turn, the zerg is on me aaaand......Dead.

The free camera is also annoying, as trying to stay area/map aware while mounted can be hard, as any time you let off the camera snaps back forward. Out side of straight line running away, warclaw feels very clunky in WvW.

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭

My free camera doesn't snap or reset even on mounts, are you sure you turned that feature off in the options?

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay (formerly Jade Quarry) | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Terakura/Spellbreaker | ♀♥♀

• hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hannelore.8153 said:
    My free camera doesn't snap or reset even on mounts, are you sure you turned that feature off in the options?

What option is that? I mean, I for sure am using free camera so maybe there's a mount option i'm hoping?

Aurora Glade Server Leader

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

That's a new one to me, has to be a setting or bug, never experienced it myself just the normal silly snap back after turning from holding left mouse.
    What mouse are you guys using?

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

Track ball and foot pedals

It's not my settings, it doesn't happen every time. Happens about as frequently as seeing someone else's warclaw turn into a Saturn v

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh that's bad, I'm lucky it doesn't happen on my end.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

@LetoII.3782 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

Track ball and foot pedals

It's not my settings, it doesn't happen every time. Happens about as frequently as seeing someone else's warclaw turn into a Saturn v

See, thats the problem. You need to use a steering wheel for the mount and TrackIR for the camera.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.