"Citadel Assault Glider" Coloring Problem

Today i spent some gold to buy the Citadel Assault Glider from the Gem Shop. At first i was happy as can be, as it seemed that i could color it to my liking. But only the glider (while gliding) was in my chosen colors, but not the back piece (when retracted), which is supposed to be the same thing in this case. This is breaking immersion and my asthetic well-being.Since the implementation of capes which can be colored in (up to) four different channels, could you please, ArenaNet, give the back piece and the glider of the "Citadel Assault Glider" combo pack four coloring channels? The first two exactly like those for the glider (Major material part 1, Major material part 2, the FX part and the chains?)This might technically not be a bug, but could really make me consider my purchase for such a huge amount of money.

Citdadel Assault Back Piece (When retracted on the ground):sePDUrE.jpg

Citadel Assault Glider (While gliding):2ijD7lO.jpg

Greetings

Fubai

In this special case this is rather confusing and infuriating. It doesn't make sense. I paid 700 Gems for what essentially doesn't work right. These wings are the same, no matter in what state (gliding or not). It's not like my character switches them out for colored ones whenever i take off. I don't know if other backpiece + glider combos are affected by that, but ArenaNet should really put in this little effort to make this worth the price. I basically can't use both parts of this package at the same time. I know that this is subjective reasoning, but who would be ok with that? Nevermind the standpoint of ANet, this should really be open to discussion.

@Fubai.5326 said:In this special case this is rather confusing and infuriating. It doesn't make sense. I paid 700 Gems for what essentially doesn't work right. These wings are the same, no matter in what state (gliding or not). It's not like my character switches them out for colored ones whenever i take off. I don't know if other backpiece + glider combos are affected by that, but ArenaNet should really put in this little effort to make this worth the price. I basically can't use both parts of this package at the same time. I know that this is subjective reasoning, but who would be ok with that? Nevermind the standpoint of ANet, this should really be open to discussion.

You are quite wrong. Glider skins =/= backpack skins, they are two seperate entities in the games code.

As much as i want all the gemstore backpacks that have matching gliders to be dyeable, i also understand that anet at one point(old forums) explained why backpacks werent able to be dyed.

There where alot of decisions made way way way way back before the game even came out in the basic code that make things like dyeable backpacks harder to accomplish, and i can imagine the amount of hours of rework to redo all the backpacks in game including the ones with gliders would be pretty lengthy.

@"Dante.1763" said:You are quite wrong. Glider skins =/= backpack skins, they are two seperate entities in the games code.

I meant it in a "ingame immersion" way. There they would be the same thing. The wings on my back, when i am walking around are the very same wings that carry my through the air. That they are different codewise is apparent. But i argue for more immersion and if that ment to bring something up to a certain standard, any effort is effort worthwile. It's not going to damage the game in any way, it's rather improving it. And in the end i can only pledge for that to happen and hope it someday will.

Some might argue that it would be damaging, in that it would take many, many months to accomplish, and would affect other content (those Devs could not work on new content) that could be released.

Regardless, the Devs have stated it's not something they are considering.
"While we cannot add dye channels to existing backpieces, keep an eye out for dyeable backpacks of different styles in the future!"https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wrap-yourself-in-an-emblazoned-cape/