In your opinion, is GW2 too hard? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

In your opinion, is GW2 too hard?

24

Comments

  • Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    @Dante.1763 said:

    @NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

    @Westenev.5289 said:
    I don't think GW2 is easy or hard - but I do think it's somewhat unfair. Attacks require reactions to avoid, yet the NPC's have few tells and damage just sort of happens.

    What NPCs have no tells with attacks you have to avoid?

    Awakened canids come to mind. being CC locked by them is so fun. but the number of mobs that do that are few and far between.

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Dante.1763 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Dante.1763 said:

    @White Kitsunee.4620 said:
    The open world is waaaaay too easy.
    And that's without mentioning that it hasent kept up with power creep.

    But this is more so due to how little consequence death Caries now.

    -always-

    Death never had consequences in this game, aside from the armor repair cost, which was minimal.

    @Hannelore.8153 said:
    I'm not sure if this thread is a joke, but I have my Ele in mostly glass gear (Marshal's w/ Celestial trinkets), and I only barely struggle in most content, even the latest stories and meta events, and that's the weakest class defense wise and a glassy support gear combination.

    I can't imagine this game being even a slight challenge for someone on a meta class & build for example.

    id be surprised if most players ran meta builds + gear.

    And even if they did, i doubt theyd understand how to use it. Given how large the disparity of DPS is between average players and good players.

    You're basically saying here that the average player is a moron

    Not me. Anet has given the qoute on the massive DPS disparity. Im sure alot of can be put down to no reason to try*(not how i feel about it) in open world, but hey say what you want on that.

    Probably because the open world doesn't resist at all and falls down to spamming autos. But still, you doubt they would be able to understand a build? that's low

    I do yes. Ive set up builds for my parents and they cant figure out how to use them properly, or they outright refuse to use the weapons attached to the build(super frustrating.). Im sure thats not the majority of players, but im sure they exist elsewhere.

    I don't get it. They cant or cant be bothered to? What's the point of playing a RPG if you don't understand your build?

  • Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    @Shikaru.7618 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Dante.1763 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Dante.1763 said:

    @White Kitsunee.4620 said:
    The open world is waaaaay too easy.
    And that's without mentioning that it hasent kept up with power creep.

    But this is more so due to how little consequence death Caries now.

    -always-

    Death never had consequences in this game, aside from the armor repair cost, which was minimal.

    @Hannelore.8153 said:
    I'm not sure if this thread is a joke, but I have my Ele in mostly glass gear (Marshal's w/ Celestial trinkets), and I only barely struggle in most content, even the latest stories and meta events, and that's the weakest class defense wise and a glassy support gear combination.

    I can't imagine this game being even a slight challenge for someone on a meta class & build for example.

    id be surprised if most players ran meta builds + gear.

    And even if they did, i doubt theyd understand how to use it. Given how large the disparity of DPS is between average players and good players.

    You're basically saying here that the average player is a moron

    Not me. Anet has given the qoute on the massive DPS disparity. Im sure alot of can be put down to no reason to try*(not how i feel about it) in open world, but hey say what you want on that.

    Probably because the open world doesn't resist at all and falls down to spamming autos. But still, you doubt they would be able to understand a build? that's low

    I'd take that wager. I think most players in open world are actually clueless when it comes to game knowledge and if you give them a meta raid build they wouldn't be able to figure out what it's doing. I'm not even referring to rotations, but just general "logic behind the build". If any of the streamers are any indication, people struggle with even keeping the boss targetted so they can auto attack it.

    Because they cant or cant be bothered to understand? Either way if you don't understand your build there's no point playing a RPG.

  • Mokk.2397Mokk.2397 Member ✭✭✭

    There are to many extremes one way or the other . Generally the game is fairly easy. But some events require an entire zerg in order to complete and finding those large groups gets harder and harder to find as new content gets introduced. Some achievements have become nearly impossible or totally impossible to complete . Raids have become elitist when they should have had levels like fractals so that lesser skilled players can enjoy them as well and become more skilled in those events.

  • Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    How do we even define challenging content? It may be almost impossible to find a common denominator here. Anything from not being able to complete story instances first try to finishing all CM bosses on their release day has been called challenging at some point.

    My personal definition goes something like this:
    Content that requires me to put a real effort into. Anything that requires me/us to retry for a few hours to be able to achieve the first kill or completion. Not counting any time spend on watching guides or figuring out mechanics on release day and even more basic stuff like gearing your character or coming up with builds.

    There is certainly a lack of challenging content if I go by this defintion. But it is just one subjective view out of many.

    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    I won't talk about the game as a whole but ever since the Isnooze Saga started it's been a snooze fest (hence the name). It's boring and lacks any kind of challenge, the story instances are, for lack of better word, pathetic. It's puzzling how new content for a 7 year old game is easier than the content that was available during the early years. The open world isn't any better, meta events with barely any mechanics, a world boss that is shallow and boring compared to past bosses, unimaginative mobs that are like core tyria versions with a skin upgrade and so on. What happened to the company that gave us Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire? Are they so desperate to get new players to play the game that they created this "Saga" as an extended tutorial?

  • Batel.9206Batel.9206 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020
    It's not too hard or too easy. It's right. There's a decent balance between hard and easy content.

    The difficulty is fine with me. I'm a fairly casual player, in that I don't care to go into detail with builds - I find what works, I figure out how to play my class passably well, and that's good enough for me. I don't do raids or fractals or WvW; I'm mostly here for PVP, open-world stuff, and the story. And that's challenging enough to keep me on my toes and keep me engaged, but not too stressful or difficult to figure out.

    and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
    little boy blue and the man in the moon
    when you comin' home, dad?

  • It's not too hard or too easy. It's right. There's a decent balance between hard and easy content.

    I voted for "not too hard", because everything can be achieved, BUT mostly with players who know what to do. Raids and Fractals will be wipe-fiesta if half of your squad/party doesn't know what to do. Same with new Strike Mission. Take random derps and for sure they will kill someone at chain machanic + probably DPS won't be high enough to reach gold or even silver. Take experienced players with meta builds, supports, a healer, and for sure content will be super easy.

    Master of garbage builds and being useless.

  • mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:
    Overall, is GW2 too hard? Too easy? Does it offer enough challange to your liking?

    The core story can be beaten by a player using no skills and a Ranger pet.
    60% of the playerbase polled believes this game presents adequate difficulty.

    Mind-boggling

  • Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    @kharmin.7683 said:
    What this poll (and others like it) fail to take into account is the varying levels of skill that the player community has. Of course some will find GW2 easy whereas others will not. This has less to do with the content than with individual skill.

    That's kinda the whole point, to see what people think of the game difficulty with relation to their abilities.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020

    It's not about hard or easy because that's irrelevant ... it's about inconsistent. Being inconsistent is a killer. It tells your customers you don't know them and what they want.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    @Konrad Curze.5130 said:
    I'd pay gems for a working "disable particles that you REALLY dont need to see" toggle setting.

    That's going to be 10€ per skill effect, per character please (with a maximum of 6 hidden particle effects per character).

    R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

  • coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I think I'm fairly competent with my pve build in regular content. And I die a few times as a daredevil when I'm caught of guard or out of evades. Seems about right to me. Most content can be beat if you keep trying.

  • Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    Again, I really want to know which one is it. If they lack the capacity to understand how a certain build works then nothing can done about that, a game can't help someone who is impaired. I find it hard to believe though that players with impairments are a major population.
    If they can't be bothered to then their choice of game seems really odd but that at least I can understand. If someone wants to just copy a build and run around failing that's their choice to make, perhaps their masochists? I don't know. If a MMORPG attracts a lot of players who cant be bothered to comprehend how their build works something is really wrong. This is especially allarming since GW2 gives you a lot of freedom in build crafting. You never really have to play a build you don't like. The emphasis is always on understanding your build and the mechanics of the battle.

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    @kharmin.7683 said:
    What this poll (and others like it) fail to take into account is the varying levels of skill that the player community has. Of course some will find GW2 easy whereas others will not. This has less to do with the content than with individual skill.

    The game design does contribute to the huge player skill gap. GW2 plays as ARPG, compared to traditional MMO that has more emphasis on GCD (which is typically 1.5 secs). GW2 requires much faster input, dodging and positioning, to be played correctly. But for the most part, most of the core Tyria game play can be played by standing still and AA. One of the game devs hinted before that an efficient veteran player can deal nearly 10x damage of regular player.

    The game needs to do better in terms of teaching its players. And it needs to add more mechanics to mobs at level 80.

  • Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    @Westenev.5289 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Shikaru.7618 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Dante.1763 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Dante.1763 said:

    @White Kitsunee.4620 said:
    The open world is waaaaay too easy.
    And that's without mentioning that it hasent kept up with power creep.

    But this is more so due to how little consequence death Caries now.

    -always-

    Death never had consequences in this game, aside from the armor repair cost, which was minimal.

    @Hannelore.8153 said:
    I'm not sure if this thread is a joke, but I have my Ele in mostly glass gear (Marshal's w/ Celestial trinkets), and I only barely struggle in most content, even the latest stories and meta events, and that's the weakest class defense wise and a glassy support gear combination.

    I can't imagine this game being even a slight challenge for someone on a meta class & build for example.

    id be surprised if most players ran meta builds + gear.

    And even if they did, i doubt theyd understand how to use it. Given how large the disparity of DPS is between average players and good players.

    You're basically saying here that the average player is a moron

    Not me. Anet has given the qoute on the massive DPS disparity. Im sure alot of can be put down to no reason to try*(not how i feel about it) in open world, but hey say what you want on that.

    Probably because the open world doesn't resist at all and falls down to spamming autos. But still, you doubt they would be able to understand a build? that's low

    I'd take that wager. I think most players in open world are actually clueless when it comes to game knowledge and if you give them a meta raid build they wouldn't be able to figure out what it's doing. I'm not even referring to rotations, but just general "logic behind the build". If any of the streamers are any indication, people struggle with even keeping the boss targetted so they can auto attack it.

    Because they cant or cant be bothered to understand? Either way if you don't understand your build there's no point playing a RPG.

    You seem to forget that RPG stands for "role play game". Success or Failure are always a result of player decisions - but those decisions should be up to the player to make. Otherwise, you're just telling people how to have fun - even if your fun is "optimal".

    Again, I really want to know which one is it. If they lack the capacity to understand how a certain build works then nothing can done about that, a game can't help someone who is impaired. I find it hard to believe though that players with impairments are a major population.
    If they can't be bothered to then their choice of game seems really odd but that at least I can understand. If someone wants to just copy a build and run around failing that's their choice to make, perhaps their masochists? I don't know. If a MMORPG attracts a lot of players who cant be bothered to comprehend how their build works something is really wrong. This is especially allarming since GW2 gives you a lot of freedom in build crafting. You never really have to play a build you don't like. The emphasis is always on understanding your build and the mechanics of the battle

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    Gw2 is very easy imo.

    At least the open world and story stuff.

  • Bassdeff.1895Bassdeff.1895 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020
    It's not too hard or too easy. It's right. There's a decent balance between hard and easy content.

    Although I think there could be a little more challenging content I find it reasonably balanced. Core Tyria is easy and great for learning you classes. HoT is where you start learning to get good. PoF was more of the same, content was a little easier than HoT. Fractals are the perfect example of balanced content which could use a little more at the top end of the skill ladder but all in all Anet really nailed it with this. Raid are for the those who really want to push themselves and test their skills. There's something for everyone in this game.

  • It's not too hard or too easy. It's right. There's a decent balance between hard and easy content.

    For me:

    Open world is a slaughter fest if you build for it with a few mobs that make you think. Just about right for open world.

    Fractals has a good range of skill levels, so plenty there for everyone.

    Dungeons, could do with a difficulty tweak, too much running half way through dungeons without stopping going on.

    Pvp, balance is OK in comparison to every other mmorpg, offers a good challenge in the main.

    Wvw, is easy if you know when to run your kitten off :)

    "Any path that narrows future possibilities may become a lethal trap. Humans do not thread their way through a maze; they scan a vast horizon filled with unique opportunities." - The Spacing Guild Handbook.

    Beware the meta!

  • Bear.9568Bear.9568 Member ✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    With Firebrand everything is EZ mode

  • sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭
    It's not too hard or too easy. It's right. There's a decent balance between hard and easy content.

    the hard stuff does get the better end of the stick but that's to be expected, i do think they could slow down the game a bit so the hard parts (meta's, raids, strikes) don't get the highest priority while the RPG part is wasted.

    the truth is harsh, my opinions are too.

  • MoriMoriMori.5349MoriMoriMori.5349 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    @Crackmonster.2790 said:
    95% of the game, the whole game's bread and butter is easy/relaxing and good content, but raids and top fractals are too disproportionally hard.
    There are serious mmo's for difficult raiding, i don't think gw2 should strive for filling this niche. It should strive for a balance more similar to rest of game

    Don't you see a contradiction here? You: "Almost everything in the game is easy", then "but raids are too hard, we need to achieve balance in difficulty between modes".
    You understand how averages work, right? To have a balance in the case you described, 95% of the game needs to be made much harder first (what I certainly don't mind at all). Then you can make raids easier.

  • Taylan.2187Taylan.2187 Member ✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    I decided to vote too easy because so much of the game is pretty much a joke, even though I've definitely had pretty difficult areas as well. The Eater of Souls in the Domain of the Lost comes to mind. The final fight with Balthazar was a bit challenging too, but partly because I didn't immediately get the mechanics. I've also had difficulties in the final Mordremoth battle but that was because I couldn't freaking figure out how to escape the attack where the whole ground damages you. IMO the game sometimes does a sub-optimal job communicating to you what you're expected to do. Also took me way too long to figure out the mechanics of some Ley Energy Infused mobs, like the stop or go mechanic.

    Anyhow, 90% of the content is way too easy.

  • Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    I need more Liadri the Concealing Dark/Turai Ossa tier content tucked away in the corners of the maps so I can get my mastery fix please.

    I understand some people think certain things are too hard, and that the story needs to be beatable by that group of individuals.

    I would definitely not complain if I had to complete a jumping puzzle to get to a really hard fight for a shiny/title/AP though.

    [Charr Noises]
    [I play every class!]
    [I don't share builds!]
    [Fight me in the arena anytime!]

  • Crackmonster.2790Crackmonster.2790 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2020
    Yes,GW2 is too hard. Too much challanging content.

    @MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

    @Crackmonster.2790 said:
    95% of the game, the whole game's bread and butter is easy/relaxing and good content, but raids and top fractals are too disproportionally hard.
    There are serious mmo's for difficult raiding, i don't think gw2 should strive for filling this niche. It should strive for a balance more similar to rest of game

    Don't you see a contradiction here? You: "Almost everything in the game is easy", then "but raids are too hard, we need to achieve balance in difficulty between modes".
    You understand how averages work, right? To have a balance in the case you described, 95% of the game needs to be made much harder first (what I certainly don't mind at all). Then you can make raids easier.

    There is no logical link in what you are saying, whatsoever.

    Your assumption(x needs be done first), is wrong.

    Why? If the reverse situation was true, the 95% of game was so hard almost no one could handle it, the forums would be flooded in complaints. This is because while we may want and wish for more if things are too easy, they become directly unbearable if they are too hard. This is an extrapolated situation to highlight that your comment defies logic and psychology. Not that i would mind if core tyria was improved to hot levels but that will never happen because it is in the integral monster skill design.

    Additionally you can't "average" difficulty, each content faced can be broken invididually from everything else by the balance it is given. Whatever you are trying to say with that.

    Nearly all of gw2 is casual/average friendly, the entire up to first couple of hundred hours of the game, but raids/top fractals are harsh and very difficult, requiring both heavy practice, adaption to the best builds as well as serious teamplay, with very little room for error. It is no coincidence that they cannot make people play raids/top fractals, because it has become the home of elitism in gw2 and attracts a crowd that is neither socially openminded nor forthcoming, not an environment most gw2 players feel at home in. There are a few very nice people who help others, but not enough to change that it gives people bad feelings in their hearts to engage with this part of the game, myself included.

    If they really wanted to make their core audience expand into raids, while also conserving the challenging content for those who would get bored out of their mind if there was no challenge, what they need to do is split raids into 2 modes. Casual and harder. This is the only way to ever have both audiences. And it may be the only way to secure the interest from the majority that will afford expanded raid content, which could be exactly what the elitists want more of. So it might ultimately be a win win scenario. If raids were easy enough that you could form lfg groups for it and not die too much unless you got a really kitten group, i guarantee you people would farm them, including myself. Rewards could be half of what current raids awards are, but i implore them to not change the rewards to weaker ones and make a mistake like wow did, just make it slower to get things in casual raids, and give titles and other rewards for those doing the real hard raids, but without a split they will never engage their core gw2 audience in the elitism infested endgame. They cannot cater to both audiences at the same time, and the whole game is engineering to attract relaxed/casual/friendly people so they will never get a large elitist community. Fashion wars 2.

    Facts.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    Imo number one reason pve is so mind numbing in this game is due to the difficulty being set way to low with almost no challenge. I get things that are a challenge for some may be less for others so a difficulty setting or hand full of servers with a higher difficulty to provide some players a challenge.

  • Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    I don't bother with PvE if I can help it. It's mind numbingly boring for the most part. Some high tier fractals are okay. I just don't feel like I have any agency in winning a fight. I hardly ever feel like my 'victory' is earned but just given to me.

    Depression and anxiety are the worst...

  • Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭
    It's not too hard or too easy. It's right. There's a decent balance between hard and easy content.

    For the most part, the encounters seem to fall on one side or the other of "hard"/"easy", and few are just right.
    Drakkar is the most recent example, with its constant melee-hate, poor telegraphs, and pushing/fear happening far too frequently.

    Going as far back as HoT, some of the enemies are good. Ish. Frequently, they lack appropriate counter play and operate on rules far different from PCs. Most of the conditions don't work properly on them: Weakness, Cripple, and ohgods Confusion... And that's before the inconsistent application of Defiance.

    Many alts! Handle it!

    "A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It's not too hard but the poll options are also terrible.

  • Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    +1

    The game balance is ridiculously Trash; Aoe spamming everywhere, +1 shotting everywhere, reflects everywhere, pullings everywhere, unkillable everywhere, stealth everywhere, evading everywhere, Bad Design mechanics spamming everywhere, Toxic +1 shotting in downstate, Toxic design Thief Profession having a circus fiesta everywhere, anytime.......endless Toxic Damage Manifesto everywhere, the lists is endless...

    Seriously, how much harders does Toxicity gets? Absolutely None!

    -leave too hard for healthy competitive games who won't put up with Toxicity being a good thing for their game-

    Yes in this game, Toxicity is good and the patch wont fix it without the game being completely reworked
    -1 big patch is impossible to fix 9 years of piles of intentional damages made to the game-

    As usual, i left with 6 players in disgust before replying here

    (by the way, i don't prevent any new players from 'checking the game out' for themselves, but if they are always the ones to tell me to leave....they have my full support)

    --have a good day--

    'Situations that are present are there because you allow and tolerate them to continue'

  • fixit.7189fixit.7189 Member ✭✭✭
    It's not too hard or too easy. It's right. There's a decent balance between hard and easy content.

    gw2 is the only mmo i have played in 20 years that has rotations consisting of 30+ steps that have to perfectly executed in order to be good. most mmos have far simpler rotations thus the skill gap between average and pro is much much much smaller in those than here. with this sort of combat system, it's no wonder most opt to simply just AA.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    @Burnfall.9573 said:
    +1

    The game balance is ridiculously Trash; Aoe spamming everywhere, +1 shotting everywhere, reflects everywhere, pullings everywhere, unkillable everywhere, stealth everywhere, evading everywhere, Bad Design mechanics spamming everywhere, Toxic +1 shotting in downstate, Toxic design Thief Profession having a circus fiesta everywhere, anytime.......endless Toxic Damage Manifesto everywhere, the lists is endless...

    Seriously, how much harders does Toxicity gets? Absolutely None!

    -leave too hard for healthy competitive games who won't put up with Toxicity being a good thing for their game-

    Yes in this game, Toxicity is good and the patch wont fix it without the game being completely reworked
    -1 big patch is impossible to fix 9 years of piles of intentional damages made to the game-

    As usual, i left with 6 players in disgust before replying here

    (by the way, i don't prevent any new players from 'checking the game out' for themselves, but if they are always the ones to tell me to leave....they have my full support)

    --have a good day--

    Why still play if u leave in disgust everytime u play, it's never changing lol. So many better games out there so play em.

  • Bassdeff.1895Bassdeff.1895 Member ✭✭✭
    It's not too hard or too easy. It's right. There's a decent balance between hard and easy content.

    @Firebeard.1746 said:
    The whole game focuses on making your life easier the more you stick to it. I'm answering the opposite direction to play devil's advocate. When you first start out, no profs, no account bonuses, no mf, the rate at which you acquire gold is very slow. Also the cheapest ascended gear to craft is envoy's but it requires a ton of collections first. The game has a lot of other "activation energy" bonuses i'm sure i'm missing, but if you find the game too easy i suggest starting a completely new account. The game becoming easy for vets is an intended mechanic.

    I am going to partially agree with you on that. Having recently started a new account after a 3 year hiatus I can understand how someone who has never seen the game before could easily be overwhelm by it all and finding the most efficient way to progress to end game gear can be daunting. There is a lot of information thrown at you and if you don;t know where to look for information or all the little trick on what not to wasted you time, money, and mats on it can really hinder your progression. GW2 community is friendly, there is always someone ready to help new people.

    That being said, I leveled my main to 80 within 2 weeks, leveled crafting to 400 (not 500 yet) and had my first complete build in exotics within a month. Exotics are enough to get you through all the content except fractals, so no rush on ascended. That was in September, fast forward 5 months, I got 3 toons in full ascended, 500 gold in the bank, and a 80% complete gen 2 legendary. Once you get past the learning curve the game isn't very hard for the most part.

  • When I do smiting Monster Hunter World, the weapons stats and attributes makes me go oooh, if I get this, I won't get one shot by that monster.
    Now Monster Hunter builds are a much simpler thing in that game.... but.

    When I open the abilities/traits menu in GW2 I go, hmmm, then I just say kitten it, and go do some zerg rush stuff instead.

    I think mastering, and, leveraging the hero panel (skills, traits, stats, runes, sigils) to work well in gameplay is hard.
    Most of the gameplay is easy, because it is tuned for having a pretty bad setup in the hero panel.
    Or I could copy a build off the internet. But I really wish that I could do something in-game that works well enough, but doesn't take a lot of research or grinding to achieve.

    Since using the hero panel is a part of playing the game, I can't say the game is hard or easy.

  • Firebeard.1746Firebeard.1746 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020
    Yes,GW2 is too hard. Too much challanging content.

    @Bassdeff.1895 said:

    @Firebeard.1746 said:
    The whole game focuses on making your life easier the more you stick to it. I'm answering the opposite direction to play devil's advocate. When you first start out, no profs, no account bonuses, no mf, the rate at which you acquire gold is very slow. Also the cheapest ascended gear to craft is envoy's but it requires a ton of collections first. The game has a lot of other "activation energy" bonuses i'm sure i'm missing, but if you find the game too easy i suggest starting a completely new account. The game becoming easy for vets is an intended mechanic.

    I am going to partially agree with you on that. Having recently started a new account after a 3 year hiatus I can understand how someone who has never seen the game before could easily be overwhelm by it all and finding the most efficient way to progress to end game gear can be daunting. There is a lot of information thrown at you and if you don;t know where to look for information or all the little trick on what not to wasted you time, money, and mats on it can really hinder your progression. GW2 community is friendly, there is always someone ready to help new people.

    That being said, I leveled my main to 80 within 2 weeks, leveled crafting to 400 (not 500 yet) and had my first complete build in exotics within a month. Exotics are enough to get you through all the content except fractals, so no rush on ascended. That was in September, fast forward 5 months, I got 3 toons in full ascended, 500 gold in the bank, and a 80% complete gen 2 legendary. Once you get past the learning curve the game isn't very hard for the most part.

    And i've been playing much longer than you since feb 2019 and am not that far ; ). Some of it is knowing stuff, and i'm learning methods, some of it is also what you actually enjoy doing. The most efficient things are not always the funnest.

  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    I can go afk on my ranger and come back to find that, without a single ounce of effort on my part, I have earned gold in events that spawned on top of me. It doesnt get much easier than succeeding with zero effort.

  • Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Burnfall.9573 said:
    +1

    The game balance is ridiculously Trash; Aoe spamming everywhere, +1 shotting everywhere, reflects everywhere, pullings everywhere, unkillable everywhere, stealth everywhere, evading everywhere, Bad Design mechanics spamming everywhere, Toxic +1 shotting in downstate, Toxic design Thief Profession having a circus fiesta everywhere, anytime.......endless Toxic Damage Manifesto everywhere, the lists is endless...

    Seriously, how much harders does Toxicity gets? Absolutely None!

    -leave too hard for healthy competitive games who won't put up with Toxicity being a good thing for their game-

    Yes in this game, Toxicity is good and the patch wont fix it without the game being completely reworked
    -1 big patch is impossible to fix 9 years of piles of intentional damages made to the game-

    As usual, i left with 6 players in disgust before replying here

    (by the way, i don't prevent any new players from 'checking the game out' for themselves, but if they are always the ones to tell me to leave....they have my full support)

    --have a good day--

    Why still play if u leave in disgust everytime u play, it's never changing lol. So many better games out there so play em.

    +1

    It's the new players; i can't stop them for being nosy lol. Seriously, I am enjoying many healthy competitive games out there with former guild wars 2 players and at the same time, helping those who want to try guild wars 2 out....not long before they start running out of the door much quicker than i ever did lol I wish i knew better than sooner l

    so yeah!

    It's nice here and relaxing. The best feeling on the other side of the fence is feeling valued and that concerns matters and most importantly, that Toxicity is actually bad

    Psycoprophet, as always...is a pleasure of speaking with you :)

    -one thing we have in common-we both want change

      for different results, of course lol
    

    'Situations that are present are there because you allow and tolerate them to continue'

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ashen.2907 said:
    I can go afk on my ranger and come back to find that, without a single ounce of effort on my part, I have earned gold in events that spawned on top of me. It doesnt get much easier than succeeding with zero effort.

    Yeah, that's against the ToS, so....

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020
    Too easy, not enough challanging content.

    While there is some difficult content here and there, the grand majority of the game pretty much coddles its players. In general, you aren't really forced to really know how your characters work. Heck, I probably don't even know what some of my skills do.

    It's actually pretty amazing how lazy some "experienced" players are. People will tell me they've played for years, but they insist on standing in fire or setting off flux bombs in the middle of the group or something. I mean if you picked up the game last month I understand, but....

    @thepenmonster.3621 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    Why still play if u leave in disgust everytime u play

    Without pointing fingers: If you watch the usernames for long enough you'll pick up that there are certain players who are very obviously losing fights in PvP/WvW on the regular and then running off to the forums and reddit to rant about toxic / OP builds, and how they're uninstalling because the game is kitten, and the devs are incompetent, and the players are lazy morons, and, and, and, and, annnnnnd... we'll see them again making the same post in a few weeks.

    Asking this is like asking your cat why it unrolled the toilet paper.

    Yea, that's basically the wvw subforum. But to be fair, there's nothing else to talk about.