Looking for friends! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Looking for friends!

First, I'm not looking for a guild, so that's why I'm posting here.

I'm on the EU servers :)

I would love to find more people to play and chat with. I've been playing the game for couple of years on and off and I'm just returning to it after quite a decent pause. What I'm looking for is players who want to do all kinds of fun stuff and maybe have a chat on discord at the same time :). I don't enjoy PvP as much, but other than that, I'm up to pretty much anything. I'm looking more for personal connections and making real friends rather than being a part of a bigger guild - though I already belong to a pretty big guild and have had some luck finding friends that way too... just not too much :).

I'm 27, female, have both expansions and a decent bit of experience with the game. I'm not a pro though, nowhere near that. I've done a little bit of this and a little bit of that in the game. Raids are hard for me, though if you want a very challenging student to teach, I can always try my best, but don't expect me to shine xD. I can be helpful too and I'm totally fine if you are a newer player :). So don't shy away thinking you are not experienced enough. I'm newbie-friendly, well, friendly towards anyone no matter what your experience level with the game. I hope you are that way too :).

If you are interested in making friends, you can send me a message in-game or on Discord (Possu#9378) and we can meet up in the game and have some fun and see how it goes :).

Comments

• Mouse.7382Mouse.7382 Member ✭✭✭

NA here--sorry. But in any event, Welcome back and gl to ya

• @Mouse.7382 said:
    NA here--sorry. But in any event, Welcome back and gl to ya

Aww... :D Shame! Would have loved to play with you. Thank you anyway :)

• EU server as well :) I'd like to make some friends too, if possible. Playing alone is becoming more and more boring.

• @TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:
    EU server as well :) I'd like to make some friends too, if possible. Playing alone is becoming more and more boring.

NA, so I'm no help to you guys, but having people to run around and do things with definitely makes the game more enjoyable. There are some game modes I probably wouldn't spend much time in on my own, but they're fun if you bring a friend!

• @TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:
    EU server as well :) I'd like to make some friends too, if possible. Playing alone is becoming more and more boring.

:) I'll add you to my friend list! You can do the same. If you see me online, feel free to send a message :)

• I would love to make some friends, I just switched to American server. I'm 30, a mom of two little ones so I play gw2 while they nap 😁 never tried raids but wouldn't mind in order to unlock the road to legendary armor.

• Hi! As it is, i'm just about to take a couple of weeks off from the game as I'm moving house. But add me in game, i think we could team up to kick some dragon butt! (or whatever else takes your fancy) I'm on EU. I'll add you if i get a chance to log in today!

• ZeftheWicked.3076ZeftheWicked.3076 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2020

Regarding that raid content...
    Would saying that i plan to drag you into cold, unknown wilderness, only to be thrown to 8 total strangers and that there is a voracious snake creature involved be a bad opener?
    if so then le't just go with "I do Whisper of Jormag for fun", there:>

Other then that i Just fly around on my personal dragon opening chests, lootinig stuff (while the peasants below tremble at thought of it flying down and eating/roasting them), or go into heart of the jungle cause what's a better place to take a friend to then wildreness full of carnivorous saurians, chak hives and dragon minions along with mind controlled sylvari? Obviously there is none, that was a rethorical question:)

Putting these two family-friendly activities aside I also enjoy experimentation with poo...fortunate souls nearby occasionally falling pre...in love with such opportunity to make progress happen!
    I truly don't know how come you're not my friend already, but my ingame name is shown here, so just send a message (providing your next of kin therein) and we can be besties:)

• @Satu Kuoleman Tuoja.5149 said:
    I would love to make some friends, I just switched to American server. I'm 30, a mom of two little ones so I play gw2 while they nap 😁 never tried raids but wouldn't mind in order to unlock the road to legendary armor.

Ah, you just switched to the wrong server :(. I'm on EU. Otherwise I think we could've made really nice friends, I'm a mom too and apparently you are a fellow Finn (at least according to your nickname?) :) If you ever decide to switch back to EU, I'd be happy to be your buddy :)

@Dormouse.6217 said:
    Hi! As it is, i'm just about to take a couple of weeks off from the game as I'm moving house. But add me in game, i think we could team up to kick some dragon butt! (or whatever else takes your fancy) I'm on EU. I'll add you if i get a chance to log in today!

I added you in game :). Hope to catch you online once you've moved. Good luck with moving! I just moved houses too!

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:
    Regarding that raid content...
    Would saying that i plan to drag you into cold, unknown wilderness, only to be thrown to 8 total strangers and that there is a voracious snake creature involved be a bad opener?
    if so then le't just go with "I do Whisper of Jormag for fun", there:>

Other then that i Just fly around on my personal dragon opening chests, lootinig stuff (while the peasants below tremble at thought of it flying down and eating/roasting them), or go into heart of the jungle cause what's a better place to take a friend to then wildreness full of carnivorous saurians, chak hives and dragon minions along with mind controlled sylvari? Obviously there is none, that was a rethorical question:)

Putting these two family-friendly activities aside I also enjoy experimentation with poo...fortunate souls nearby occasionally falling pre...in love with such opportunity to make progress happen!
    I truly don't know how come you're not my friend already, but my ingame name is shown here, so just send a message (providing your next of kin therein) and we can be besties:)

:D Haha, this is the best introduction I've ever seen. Please be my buddy :D! I added you as a friend in game. And please tell me you are on the EU server, yes? Otherwise I'm unable to play with you :(

• ZeftheWicked.3076ZeftheWicked.3076 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Opossumi.3725 said:

:D Haha, this is the best introduction I've ever seen. Please be my buddy :D! I added you as a friend in game. And please tell me you are on the EU server, yes? Otherwise I'm unable to play with you :(

Fear (not), for I am indeed on EU server:)

• @Opossumi.3725
    I'm not a Finn but I have admired the country, language and food for a long time. I'm still a very low level beginner in Finnish but I think it's an absolutely beautiful language. 😁

• Anna.7932Anna.7932 Member
    edited February 25, 2020

I have had this game since it launched but haven't really played properly until starting again a few days ago. I have 13 years experience in another mmo where I led guilds and helped new players but I no longer play. I am now myself a new player.

I have all the gw2 expacs, and boosted a Ranger to 80 but felt very lost with what I needed to do. Sand sharks are horrid ;(

The path of fire missions I found very rough - last one I completed was "Night of Fires"

I unlocked my Raptor mount (wondering if I should push this character to unlock more mount fuctions for alts?), then went and made a few alts and am trying to decide which one to push map completion on.

I have a friend I brought to the game and we love to have a laugh so looking for people like that.. not over serious (have enough of that in real life).

I can voice after 9pm uk time.. feel free to add me. I am female 42 from the uk but have a disabled child so may have to go at a moments notice if she wakes :)

• @Satu Kuoleman Tuoja.5149 said:
    @Opossumi.3725
    I'm not a Finn but I have admired the country, language and food for a long time. I'm still a very low level beginner in Finnish but I think it's an absolutely beautiful language. 😁

Haha, someone likes our language? xD Even though it's so hard. :D Shame you are on the wrong server, I could've helped you with your Finnish :pensive:

@Anna.7932 said:
    I have had this game since it launched but haven't really played properly until starting again a few days ago. I have 13 years experience in another mmo where I led guilds and helped new players but I no longer play. I am now myself a new player.

I have all the gw2 expacs, and boosted a Ranger to 80 but felt very lost with what I needed to do. Sand sharks are horrid ;(

The path of fire missions I found very rough - last one I completed was "Night of Fires"

I unlocked my Raptor mount (wondering if I should push this character to unlock more mount fuctions for alts?), then went and made a few alts and am trying to decide which one to push map completion on.

I have a friend I brought to the game and we love to have a laugh so looking for people like that.. not over serious (have enough of that in real life).

I can voice after 9pm uk time.. feel free to add me. I am female 42 from the uk but have a disabled child so may have to go at a moments notice if she wakes :)

I added you :). I would love to make friends with you. I'm not too serious, can be at times, but know how to laugh too. Also, Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns story chapters are so much more fun with a friend and easier too. For the expansions I highly recommend looking up a build and following it to the best of your ability. Makes it a little bit easier when you have a little bit more optimized character. You might have done that already though...

My first ever character was a ranger :). I love them so much. Atm I'm playing a guardian and a warrior for a change.

• Feel free to add me if you want just to talk to someone or do some stuff in game :D

• Anna.7932Anna.7932 Member
    edited February 25, 2020

@Opossumi.3725 said:
    I added you :). I would love to make friends with you. I'm not too serious, can be at times, but know how to laugh too. Also, Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns story chapters are so much more fun with a friend and easier too. For the expansions I highly recommend looking up a build and following it to the best of your ability. Makes it a little bit easier when you have a little bit more optimized character. You might have done that already though...

My first ever character was a ranger :). I love them so much. Atm I'm playing a guardian and a warrior for a change.

I had no idea the story chapters could be done with others! I am quite impressed I actually got through it.

The ranger was a free boost, but the gear/build is picked for you.

I am levelling a Power Minion Master Necro atm also a Power Revenant. I have imported builds for both :)

I look forward to chatting to you - thanks for adding me :)

• @tampss.2540 said:
    Feel free to add me if you want just to talk to someone or do some stuff in game :D

Added :). Looking forward to seeing you in game.

@Anna.7932 said:

@Opossumi.3725 said:

I had no idea the story chapters could be done with others! I am quite impressed I actually got through it.

The ranger was a free boost, but the gear/build is picked for you.

I am levelling a Power Minion Master Necro atm also a Power Revenant. I have imported builds for both :)

I look forward to chatting to you - thanks for adding me :)

Yeah, story instances can be done with friends. You have to be on the same map when you start the instance and then your party members can click join.

You can change your ranger's build to your pleasure. You can also buy or get a new set of gear for them, if the current one doesn't work for your wanted build.

Remember to add me in game too, so you can see when I'm online :). I hope to meet you soon in game!