Herald Needs Serious Teleportation Nerf

Trevor Boyer.6524

The performance on this class is too strong in higher tier play, and it isn't because of damage output like most people think.

It's the over saturation of way too much teleportation chase potential.

You could actually disable the Herald's walk/run WASD functions completely, and it would still stick to you like glue and be the strongest chase class in the game.

That's too much.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:The performance on this class is too strong in higher tier play, and it isn't because of damage output like most people think.

You could actually disable the Herald's walk/run WASD functions completely, and it would still stick to you like glue and be the strongest chase class in the game.

That's too much.

they lose stun remove on swap, you cant chase when you are stunned.there reason why they are over the top is becouse they are 100% always actiave, always mitigating damage or dishing out damage

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:Hmm okayNerf CD on GS block for boonbeast, reduce their dash and leap distance and put LB's range in line with others making 1.2k range. Oh and damage on axe is too high please.

I can do that too cuz I am too sick of chasing you guys on WvW, without phase traversal there'd be no way to chase you down.

Hmm okayThen nerf CD on Photon shield block for holo, reduce their rocket boots leap distance and put mortar kits range in line with others making 1.2k range. Oh and damage on photon forge is too high please.

I can do that too cuz I am too sick of chasing you guys on WvW, without x2 swoop there'd be no way to chase you down.

Alright, can you give a rest already? Do you know how to ask anything but nerfs to other classes that's not yours? How about you learn to play properly and COUNTER instead of coming to the forums everytime class X or Y do something to you...Everyone is getting nerfs on the next patch, including revs mobility obviously, you would know that if you had read something else than ranger's notes :)

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:The performance on this class is too strong in higher tier play, and it isn't because of damage output like most people think.

That's too much.

they lose stun remove on swap, you cant chase when you are stunned.there reason why they are over the top is becouse they are 100% always actiave, always mitigating damage or dishing out damage

^ Leonidrex hit the issue on the head. A good herald has very very few openings. Even if you do manage to get into one they can resustain right out of the counter pressure. They have high burst, great mobility, great sustain, great CC. It's not that any certain thing is super OP more so how all their kit works together. The sum of their skills makes them super oppressive in a fight.

Personally I think:

• Empty Vessel (Stunbreak on Legend Swap): This trait has been retired and been replaced by Contained Temper.
  • Contained Temper (NEW): Gain fury when you disable a foe.
  • Deathstrike: Reduced initial strike power coefficient from 0.33 to 0.1. Reduced second strike power coefficient from 2.0 to 1.7. Increased cooldown from 15 seconds to 18 seconds
  • Unrelenting Assault: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.57 to 0.38. Reduced might duration per strike from 5 seconds to 3 seconds. Increased cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds
  • Shackling Wave: Reduced initial strike power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.1. Increased vulnerability stacks from 8 to 12
  • Riposting Shadows: Increased energy cost from 30 to 40. Reduced endurance gain from 25 to 15
  • Warding Rift: Reduced power coefficient from 0.2 to 0.1. Increased cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds
  • Surge of the Mists: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.18 to 0.001
  • Facet of Strength: Reduced might duration from 12 seconds to 6 seconds

These changes all right here are VERY potent nerfs to meta Glint Shiro. Like very direct, very impactful nerfs that hit Glint Shiro in the ways I think the build is primarily unfair, namely that between it's overabundance of stun breaks along side it's impeccable defensive rotation it's a build that brings Team Fight Carry level damage while being functionally impossible to focus due to it's capacity to chain evades, blocks, and it's damage reversal.

I'm personally not scared of Glint Shiro going forward.

As some others said, Phase Traversal will get nerfs in damage in the incoming balance patch, and the breakstun on legend swap with the Empty Vessel will no longer exist. Moving further, since off hand sword Shackling Wave damage was thrashed and the burst damage potential will be less than half of the currently, I don't think you'll see much Heralds in the future (or at least in a +1 role; a different thing could be as a condi bunker or in support roles). I think that will be missed once the people starts to notice that in the new meta you'll need +2 (yes, three players) to kill a lone bruiser...

IMO teleport in itself is fine, what's not fine is burst/damage potential, it's a bit too high for that mobility/sustain like most HoT and PoF e-speces including soulbork... Don't forget that Revs can't be like: "I'm outta of here cause he blocked my super 0.5ms 20k burst out of nowhere" instantly without another possible target to which they can port unlike someone certain called soulbeast or other high mobility class that doesn't need target to be "mobile"... Oh, and they'll get nerfed.

Not everything I complain about is because it's OP.

Some things have just gotten to be too much mechanically within the system, making the game feel too "Super Monkey Blast Attack" as described in this post by @"Master Ketsu.4569" https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/97262/why-increasing-cooldowns-does-not-reduce-spam-and-can-even-make-spam-worse which is entirely worth reading before you heckle this post any further.

Things that in my opinion, have become Super Monkey Blast Attacks:

• Teleportations game-wide - There is too much of this going on at this point, but Shiro/Glint really just exploits it to the highest level of ape button mashing as possible.
  • Stealth game-wide - IT'S TOO MUCH. It began to define a stealth headshot meta. And although damage is getting nerfed, stealth access & uptime keeps going up. I don't like it when the game feels like Alien vs. Predator stealth wars 2. It has nothing to do with anything being OP but rather really unnecessary and over saturated.
  • Firebrand in general concerning support factor dominance - Saiyan tier sensu bean support factor, that no other class is allowed to even get inside of the ballpark to be able to touch, even though plenty of other classes were designed for support. Just why?
  • Literally everything about current Pistol Whip is as ape as it gets. Seriously, you could actually teach an ape how to play this build.

^ That's the bulk of my serious complaint, concerning things that have become too over saturated in their access & potency.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Not everything I complain about is because it's OP.

Some things have just gotten to be too much mechanically within the system, making the game feel too "Super Monkey Blast Attack" as described in this post by @"Master Ketsu.4569" https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/97262/why-increasing-cooldowns-does-not-reduce-spam-and-can-even-make-spam-worse which is entirely worth reading before you heckle this post any further.

• Teleportations game-wide - There is too much of this going on at this point, but Shiro/Glint really just exploits it to the highest level of ape button mashing as possible.
  • Stealth game-wide - IT'S TOO MUCH. It began to define a stealth headshot meta. And although damage is getting nerfed, stealth access & uptime keeps going up. I don't like it when the game feels like Alien vs. Predator stealth wars 2. It has nothing to do with anything being OP but rather really unnecessary and over saturated.
  • Firebrand in general concerning support factor dominance - Saiyan tier sensu bean support factor, that no other class is allowed to even get inside of the ballpark to be able to touch, even though plenty of other classes were designed for support. Just why?
  • Literally everything about current Pistol Whip is as ape as it gets. Seriously, you could actually teach an ape how to play this build.

^ That's the bulk of my serious complaint, concerning things that have become too over saturated in their access & potency.

Every class has skills and mechanics that are strong and obnoxious to fight against. However, that's no reason to complain about things that will get nerfed by the end of the month.

Ranger gs4 is in the exact same boat. It's probably the single most bloated weapon skill in the game currently, but it's on your main class do I guess that's why you're not mentioning it.

That's too much.

I just want to be able to run out of combat and swap my build for optimal herald chase rotations to get more ports. Just thought that would be a fun idea.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Not everything I complain about is because it's OP.

Some things have just gotten to be too much mechanically within the system, making the game feel too "Super Monkey Blast Attack" as described in this post by @"Master Ketsu.4569"
which is entirely worth reading before you heckle this post any further.

Every class has skills and mechanics that are strong and obnoxious to fight against. However, that's no reason to complain about things that will get nerfed by the end of the month.

Ranger gs4 is in the exact same boat. It's probably the single most bloated weapon skill in the game currently, but it's on your main class do I guess that's why you're not mentioning it.Not like its the first time ranger mains start thier nerf crusade as soon as certain class beats them.