NO CC in may bar still I have a problem with CC locking me down. LIKE KITTEN — Guild Wars 2 Forums

NO CC in may bar still I have a problem with CC locking me down. LIKE KITTEN

anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited February 11, 2020 in WvW

I have a video which show i've been locking down with NO CC whatsoever (And many without),
I'd like to now what is going on... Is it the LAG that severe? IS it hackers? IS it WvW "stuff"?

When i play WvW i look for FAIRNESS, IF you CAN NOT provide that your GAME IS NOT FOR ME.
I kitten would appreciate if YOU can clarify this, as otherwise i would stop using YOUR PRODUCT;
THANK YOU VERY MUCH,.

Comments

  • KryTiKaL.3125KryTiKaL.3125 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @anduriell.6280 said:
    I have a video which show i've been locking down with NO CC whatsoever (And many without),
    I'd like to now what is going on... Is it the LAG that severe? IS it hackers? IS it WvW "stuff"?

    When i play WvW i look for FAIRNESS, IF you CAN NOT provide that your GAME IS NOT FOR ME.
    I kitten would appreciate if YOU can clarify this, as otherwise i would stop using YOUR PRODUCT;
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH,.

    ????

    What?

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Show the vid. Without more info that will be your best bet atm.

    As you have been playing a long time I will skip listing all the CCs in game.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Justine.6351 said:
    Show the vid. Without more info that will be your best bet atm.

    As you have been playing a long time I will skip listing all the CCs in game.

    Yeah, I say vid or whatever it is didn’t happen.

  • Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

    OP is talking about things like being hit with a bunch of conditions at once (immobilize is NOT one of them), and being perma-immobilized. You can have stab up, cleanse multiple times, use tons of stunbreaks, and you are just glued to the ground. The same thing can happen with your skill bar being locked out like you got dazed, but you aren't dazed. Nothing but death fixes it.

    It's a server side problem that anet doesn't want to (or can't) address. I know it has been reported (with video, cause I've done it).
    This is like the oil trait that 2.5 years of bug reporting never gets fixed. You trait it, and still get knocked off the oil.

    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Could also be an invisible plant on the ground that the Anet landscapers jokingly put all over the place randomly.

    Don't Worry, My Dutch is OK

  • SWI.4127SWI.4127 Member ✭✭✭

    Are you sure you weren't being hit by a catapult or mortar? Something like that is hard to notice sometimes, especially if you're new. Also create a new chat window that only shows your combat log and look at your log next time it happens.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Lel, imagine being this kitten about cc and a big balance patch is about to be dropped that reduces the amount of stunbreaks by ALOT.

  • I spit out my coffee while reading some of these comments 😂

  • @Ubi.4136 said:
    OP is talking about things like being hit with a bunch of conditions at once (immobilize is NOT one of them), and being perma-immobilized. You can have stab up, cleanse multiple times, use tons of stunbreaks, and you are just glued to the ground. The same thing can happen with your skill bar being locked out like you got dazed, but you aren't dazed. Nothing but death fixes it.

    It's a server side problem that anet doesn't want to (or can't) address. I know it has been reported (with video, cause I've done it).
    This is like the oil trait that 2.5 years of bug reporting never gets fixed. You trait it, and still get knocked off the oil.

    This, and other things like it.

    Anyone who has played the game long enough has probably experienced this, many might not notice, however I record all of my game play and review things that seem weird. In some situations you are stuck in place, some times no CC was given in the fight, but for some reason you are stuck in place, you can jump but can't move with WASD or mouse movement, I have seen it happen after a CC as well were the effect is gone, by either running out of duration or being removed with a stun break or stab etc but still cant move, I have had cases where I was stuck and used JI to port to the person I was fighting and it ported me to them however I was still stuck in the exact place I ported to.

    Some times it will wear off and you can move, other times you die before it does. One example I had not long ago, fighting a 1vs1 (me DH, other person on Rev), we are fighting around south ruins and I get stuck at the start of the fight, no CC on me, all skills still usable etc, I pop F3 for stab to check, still can't move, I use F2 in case there is immobilize on me that is not showing, and even though I cast it out to max range at the other player, it casts in place (animation showed me just straight up and back down), so I get zero movement out of the skill and still stuck in place. The person downs me, he didn't finish, so I self revive, and now I can move, I PM them and ask if they had used any CC on me and he said no hard CCs, looked at the instant replay and also saw nothing on my bar, no knock down/back and no skill animations from him that would indicate a hard CC. Had they, it would have been one of the longest CC skills in the game as it lasted through F3 blocks, F2 heal, Shelter heal/block, RF and F3 blocks again before he downed me.

    I have experienced this for years, so nothing new, and reported it many times and I think twice so far with video, never heard anything back.

    "When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

  • DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

    That had to be a strong cc. Its still working.

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Acheron.4731 said:
    Could also be an invisible plant on the ground that the Anet landscapers jokingly put all over the place randomly.

    Those are easy to spot though, since they have eleventy billion arrows sticking out of them

  • Project much?

  • This random cc lock down has been happening for years as I remember commenting on a thread about it back on the old gw2 forum. I used to experience complete cc lockdown and would never get hit by a skill that included a cc attack. Now I play glass ranger/guardian and it’s instant death regardless of being cced or not.

  • Genesis.5169Genesis.5169 Member ✭✭✭

    Spvp is the fairness pvp area.
    WvW is PvPvE thus its unfair, you should goto sPvP where the stats are normalized.

    WvW should be wonky its the only place you can bring your pve guy in pve gear legendary stuff and infusions.
    Please stop crying the cumulative salt from you and people like you has eroded most of the foundation of this game lets not destroy whats left thanks.

    I asked for SPvP changes but i never asked for this...
    This game is ruled by the OW community to the detriment of all other game modes..

  • i agree that sometimes it feels like you can be cc'd through stability, then again you cannot argue with that unless u know each class perfectly. lag might be the cause, idk. hidden stability / stun might be the cause too - you get soft cc'd by simply too many incoming hits as well.

    also agree with genesis tho.. WvW isn't about fairness, the whole format is built in opposition tho imbalance. btw that's why i think it's also poor argumentation to praise the alpine borderlands that much, bc the battles are sizewise nearly never equal, so what gives if the maps are.

    @ thread creator, you should try to write with less caps and more structure, it's really uncomfy to read. plus since u refer to a video specifically, you should have added it to your post. we cannot know if u just missed sth or if it was really a bug etc this way.

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Acheron.4731 said:
    Could also be an invisible plant on the ground that the Anet landscapers jokingly put all over the place randomly.

    The same ones at the camps that keep blocking our projectiles lol

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

    Check out the fable of the Boiling Frog.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2020

    @borgs.6103 said:
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

    You seem to have been CCd and smacked one time too many, please go rest.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @borgs.6103 said:
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

    Elaborate on that one, please.

  • @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @borgs.6103 said:
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

    You seem to have been CCd and smacked one time too many, please go rest.

    It’s 3am, This comment made me lol so hard I woke my husband up.

  • borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @borgs.6103 said:
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

    Elaborate on that one, please.

    I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

    Check out the fable of the Boiling Frog.

  • Fish.2769Fish.2769 Member ✭✭✭

    @borgs.6103 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @borgs.6103 said:
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

    Elaborate on that one, please.

    I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

    The only part of this i understood was "It's just common sense." Reading it in my head sounds like a very drunk Scotsman that's talking to a lamppost thinking it's a human being on a Friday night.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @borgs.6103 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @borgs.6103 said:
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

    Elaborate on that one, please.

    I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

    What is your mothertongue? Are you using google translate? Literally the only sentence thats understandable is "its just common sense"

    If you are using google translate try translating in smaller text passages, that works better than trying to translate everything at once.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2020

    @borgs.6103 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @borgs.6103 said:
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

    Elaborate on that one, please.

    I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

    Hm the smack was apparently from a prybar, given the confusion inflicted.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.