Up-to-date healing build

Suricata.1406

I’m a new GW2 player and picked elementalist as I like to play mage in other games. However, the healing in this game looks fun and I want to be that.Apparently I picked the wrong character and I am desperate to find an up to date build/rotation/gear stats.

Can someone help me with that?I’ve read this class sucks as a healer but I’ve seen some brave ones who keep healing so I want to try that as well.

Thanks in advance.

@Suricata.1406 said:I meant for pve content.Metabattle have a couple but are from 2 years ago. While snowcrow shows nothing on elemental healers.

You need to be looking at Tempest or Weaver, the two subclasses for Elementalist.

@"steki.1478" said:Healing build for what? Pvp and wvw are getting major balance changes and majority of pve doesnt need any healers. For raid builds you can check snowcrows website, but metabattle should also have something so check both.I think this is a bit of an extreme assessment, that may be true for strictly solo content but many new meta events have been added to the game since release which benefit tremendously from healers including the Dragon's Stand and Dragonfall metas in which players get focused down by ranged enemies and their own healing isn't sufficient nor is there always the possibility of a rally.

People only think "no healers are needed" until they're the one walking back from the waypoint over and over.

The profession is good at healing, because it heals in a wide area and has a lot sustained regeneration. However, in this game the best healers are actually about spreading as many boons as possible, which the Ele isn't the best at.

Things are a bit chaotic right now.. No one is sure how things are going to turn out after the balance patch. Since my brain is melted, I'm having a hard time figuring out how things will change, too. However, I would suggest investing in a full Harrier (Power, Healing Power, Concentration) set. For PVE that is the best set for healing. For low maintenance heals, use the Water, Arcane, and Tempest trait lines while wielding a staff, and 5 shouts as utility skills. It won't give the best offensive buffs, but all of the ambient healing can keep players alive for a long time.

@Suricata.1406 said:I meant for pve content.Metabattle have a couple but are from 2 years ago. While snowcrow shows nothing on elemental healers.

Well, not much changed in those 2 years so builds are relevant. When a build isnt really meta then it doesn't need many updates. You eventually do most of your heals with like 5 traits, as well as gear stats and utility skills (which almost never change).

I think this is a bit of an extreme assessment, that may be true for strictly solo content but many new meta events have been added to the game since release which benefit tremendously from healers including the Dragon's Stand and Dragonfall metas in which players get focused down by ranged enemies and their own healing isn't sufficient nor is there always the possibility of a rally.

People only think "no healers are needed" until they're the one walking back from the waypoint over and over.

They really dont. Reviving in a large zerg is extremely fast, especially since there's so many blood minion necros around. It's true that you can pretty much heal the whole zerg with one large aoe healer, but it's not really needed, especially since most of the damage comes from highly telegraphed attacks.

The only place where you could actually use a healer in DS wouwbe champions before the actual boss fight since you need only several people and champs are upscaled a lot.

DF's only ranged issue are crystals which can be destroyed with special action items you get at shrines. Not to mention that you can port while in combat which usually saves more time than running around after killing the breach thingies since griffon makes travelling faster.

If you're running constantly then you should pay attention to your positioning. You rarely even need defensive stuff in your kit, positioning and 2 dodges give you all defense you need.

If you really, really want to be a healer (and I don't blame you... healing is a ton of fun in this game), your best bets are Druid, Firebrand and Renegade. Not only do they do a lot of healing but they provide much-desired buffs.

Not that Elementalists make bad healers. IIRC they put out more raw healing numbers than any of the other classes. But that's just not as useful as it sounds.

May be in raid as second healer. But every other specs have more useful utilities. You lack "rare" boons like quickness, alacrity, resistance, ageis ... You lack dmg buff.You have auras : but it's passive, they need you to be hitten and still have 1 or 2sec icd, shouts have very long CD, auras on weapon or combo can only affect 6 players. We can't considerate them as buff.In summary : you have great healing, and that's all.You can try to mix fire or fresh air overload with healing/water, but it won't be effective. As least not as effective as others supports.