All Guild Wars 2 Community!! Lets VOTE, if there is a guild wars 3 Dev a request all skins transfer — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

All Guild Wars 2 Community!! Lets VOTE, if there is a guild wars 3 Dev a request all skins transfer

Hey, my dear friends and family, i hope everyone is doing well and enjoy the game in the new year of 2020 because looking back guild wars 1-2 and hopefully, gw3 has come along way. I have been playing guild wars from the time it was released then became hooked to the series itself. I still play it as always but slowly pushing away cause the unbalanced PVP where everyone playing currently guards symbol brand or using ele with viper amulet spamming condition status which outputs the number of condition cleaners sadly lol, still a great game and nothing can beat guild wars 2 in 2020.

SOOOO I need everyone's help here!!!! Please Lets Vote as a community. If there is ever to be a guild wars 3 in development with a new engine but nothing too crazy that would make dev crazy lool like character design bugs and such. I would request Guild wars 2 account Skin Transfer!!! Please!! as a long term member, years effort (Fractal and PVP backpack OMG, Legendary's + legendary armour skins) would like to see them transferred to guild wars 3. I do not mind making new characters at all cause there will be new optional choices with the same race but guild wars 2 skins are a must transfer, I mean everything gem skins, legendary skins, legendary backpacks, mount skins, glider skins.

Lets Vote for this, I want to see guild wars 2 grow more than what it currently is at the moment, with new tech guild wars will once make history again with guild wars 3, if ever in development but for the love of God, guild wars 2 skins is a must transfer please dev. Being a long term player I would never ask for anything besides this and would like the community help to push it cough.... cough... if gw3 ever to be in development looooool

Comments

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If GW3 happens it would be a hard core start over fresh unless they somehow figured out how to grandfather farmed progress (they won't). GW2 development would end. I would stop investing money and time into Anet products.

    GW3 is a yes IF ONLY it is just GW2 with an overhaul.

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

    "hopefully GW3 has come a long way"
    insert popping balloon sound here

    sorry to break it to you, but that ain't gonna happen. Anet has just enough resources to keep GW2 afloat, if they have to break up, GW3 will take years to develop, and GW2 will practically be frozen in the meantime

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • I think they could take a note from GW Hall of Monuments rewards that offered skins/titles for GW2. How many GW lore inspired armor/outfits items have we seen in the GW2 Gem Store? I think they would save the best items to resell in a premium shop, rather than just transfer our whole wardrobe.

  • I didn't miss any armor set in GW2 one bit even GW1 at least have 2-3 set I actually care for... I would more glad to see complete change in armor style if some how GW3 happen.

  • I did say the SUPPPPERRRR BIG "IF"

    "IF" as in never speaking of it but hidden in the shadows of guildwars series in development gw3, please transfer all the legendary and gem skins :D

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm no expert, but GW2's engine seems (from the user's perspetive) to be solid enough to just build GW3 with. Now, I'm not saying there aren't problems with skill lag in WvW, but the devs on the WvW stream have... more or less hinted that someone's friend's dog heard a guy down't pub say it could be possibly maybe something to do with badly programmed skills, but nobody is pointing any fingers at Jon "Six Signets" Peters, because it's definitely not his fault, probably.

    How would you sell it as a new game if you don't present a new engine, though? You could just bang out the same maps etc. How is that a different game?

    What do the players want from GW3 that GW2 doesn't have (aside from the obvious, i.e. a completely rewritten combat system)?

    Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.
    Hashtag BlameMcLain

  • Jasonbdj.4021Jasonbdj.4021 Member ✭✭✭

    GW3 is not gonna happen or at least for a very very long time.

    Only main reason GW1 to GW2 is a complete gameplay change.

    There many post about this.

  • Gehenna.3625Gehenna.3625 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Thanks for the good laugh.

    "In my experience, if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything." ~ Minister Durano

  • Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2020

    All skins transferred over? That's assuming, and that is a REALLY big assumption that:
    1.) GW3 is even in development
    2.) Any of the current skins are even going to be implemented into the game at all (which judging by GW1 -> 2, is very unlikely)

    I can't see this happening, ever. I agree with others that a Hall of Monuments idea would be good, when and IF GW3 ever becomes a thing, but as it stands now, we're nowhere near it.

    [INCOMING TANGENT]
    Not sure why all of these GW3 threads are popping up. Devs have said nothing. Pretty sure Reddit has something to do with this, or just LOTS of tinfoil hatting going on.

    I Rev, therefore I am. Don't ruin my favorite class, please and thank you.

  • @Jasonbdj.4021 said:
    GW3 is not gonna happen or at least for a very very long time.

    Only main reason GW1 to GW2 is a complete gameplay change.

    There many post about this.

    This!
    Nothing more to add.

  • Bassdeff.1895Bassdeff.1895 Member ✭✭✭

    @Svarty.8019 said:
    I'm no expert, but GW2's engine seems (from the user's perspetive) to be solid enough to just build GW3 with. Now, I'm not saying there aren't problems with skill lag in WvW, but the devs on the WvW stream have... more or less hinted that someone's friend's dog heard a guy down't pub say it could be possibly maybe something to do with badly programmed skills, but nobody is pointing any fingers at Jon "Six Signets" Peters, because it's definitely not his fault, probably.

    How would you sell it as a new game if you don't present a new engine, though? You could just bang out the same maps etc. How is that a different game?

    What do the players want from GW3 that GW2 doesn't have (aside from the obvious, i.e. a completely rewritten combat system)?

    GW2's engine is barely solid enough to keep GW2 running and the Devs are already pushing the limits of what this 15year tech can do. GW3 (if it ever becomes a thing) needs to be bigger, better, and prettier than GW2 or there is no point in spending any money on it. In order to carry the franchise into next gen it will need an engine that can utilize next gen hardware.

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bassdeff.1895 said:

    @Svarty.8019 said:
    I'm no expert, but GW2's engine seems (from the user's perspetive) to be solid enough to just build GW3 with. Now, I'm not saying there aren't problems with skill lag in WvW, but the devs on the WvW stream have... more or less hinted that someone's friend's dog heard a guy down't pub say it could be possibly maybe something to do with badly programmed skills, but nobody is pointing any fingers at Jon "Six Signets" Peters, because it's definitely not his fault, probably.

    How would you sell it as a new game if you don't present a new engine, though? You could just bang out the same maps etc. How is that a different game?

    What do the players want from GW3 that GW2 doesn't have (aside from the obvious, i.e. a completely rewritten combat system)?

    GW2's engine is barely solid enough to keep GW2 running and the Devs are already pushing the limits of what this 15year tech can do. GW3 (if it ever becomes a thing) needs to be bigger, better, and prettier than GW2 or there is no point in spending any money on it. In order to carry the franchise into next gen it will need an engine that can utilize next gen hardware.

    I guess we'll have to wait for that to get invented then.

    Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.
    Hashtag BlameMcLain

  • Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2020

    Operating under the assumption that there is a GW3 on the visible horizon (There isn't. Get over it.):

    I think it would be neat if they could find a way to incorporate a transfer or unlock system which allows at least previous in-game purchases to carry over. They would take a bit of a financial hit at first - since old players wouldn't be re-buying their old skins - but then new and future players could see the popularity of "premium" skins in action and be inspired to raise their spending right from the get-go.

    If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

  • Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Darknesszz.8073 said:
    Hey, my dear friends and family, i hope everyone is doing well and enjoy the game in the new year of 2020 because looking back guild wars 1-2 and hopefully, gw3 has come along way. I have been playing guild wars from the time it was released then became hooked to the series itself. I still play it as always but slowly pushing away cause the unbalanced PVP where everyone playing currently guards symbol brand or using ele with viper amulet spamming condition status which outputs the number of condition cleaners sadly lol, still a great game and nothing can beat guild wars 2 in 2020.

    SOOOO I need everyone's help here!!!! Please Lets Vote as a community. If there is ever to be a guild wars 3 in development with a new engine but nothing too crazy that would make dev crazy lool like character design bugs and such. I would request Guild wars 2 account Skin Transfer!!! Please!! as a long term member, years effort (Fractal and PVP backpack OMG, Legendary's + legendary armour skins) would like to see them transferred to guild wars 3. I do not mind making new characters at all cause there will be new optional choices with the same race but guild wars 2 skins are a must transfer, I mean everything gem skins, legendary skins, legendary backpacks, mount skins, glider skins.

    Lets Vote for this, I want to see guild wars 2 grow more than what it currently is at the moment, with new tech guild wars will once make history again with guild wars 3, if ever in development but for the love of God, guild wars 2 skins is a must transfer please dev. Being a long term player I would never ask for anything besides this and would like the community help to push it cough.... cough... if gw3 ever to be in development looooool

    There won't be GW3, it takes unbelievable money to make another game, especially another MMORPG.
    I doubt there will be GW3 anytime soon or ever.

    The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

    H. P. Lovecraft

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Is this another veiled "GW2 is dead/dying so please make GW3" threads?

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Arzurag.7506Arzurag.7506 Member ✭✭✭

    Let´s assume a third game is in the making, all skins that should be taken over are the legendary-ones. Not even the items themselfs and their properties, only the skins without additional stats.

    This should be done as an incentive for other players to replay gw2 and could serve as a thank you for all players who actually went into making one of these horrible time-sinks, me included.
    All in all, it would be quite the reasonable move.

    "I´m not big on sermons nor words, Broken bones teach better lessons and speak for themselves."

  • Blaeys.3102Blaeys.3102 Member ✭✭✭

    I have never seen the point of a Guild Wars 3. GW2 made sense because GW1 wasn't an MMO - it was a 1-4 player coop game combined with a squad based PvP mode.

    Putting effort into a new game - rather than into improving GW2 - just doesn't really do anything. Even if it involved a new engine -games have incorporated new engines before without creating an entirely new game. A third game would have to differentiate from GW2 in terms of content/style/etc and I just don't see the point. Just pour those resources into GW2 instead.

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Sorry, terrible idea..
    Not to mention a monumental amount of work required to recreate the entire skin library for Gw2 and having it instantly available to those in Gw3.

    No way Anet should do this if they make Gw3

    What they should do however is create a similar system to how Gw1-Gw2 worked.
    Only this time include rewards for people who played Gw2 and people who played Both Gw1 and Gw2.
    What would also be a real nice feature would be to count all gemstore owned skins on your Gw2 account (mounts, weapons, outfits , toys, living world, home instance upgrades, account upgrades etc) or if possible your cash to gems transactions and paid expansions (providing they have a record of that per player) and tally up your total financial investment in Gw2 and provide some extra bonus rewards based on that in Gw3.. a kind of big thank you from Anet for choosing to financially support the game.

    In GW3 this could translate a few cool weapon skins and GWAMM title from Gw1 depending on your Gw1 progress.
    Some cool Elder Dragon themed skins, titles, and an armour set from Gw2.
    And depending on your total financial investment in Gw2 some exclusive emotes, animations/effects, mount and weapon skins and a special coloured title.

  • Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2020

    Others have pointed out the technical issues with this idea and the assumptions underlying it. I'll add -- if there's a brand new game using the same world setting but advanced in time, I'd certainly hope that fashion advances along with everything else. GW2 is 250 years after GW1; presumably GW3 would be similarly removed in time though I suppose they could just sort of remake things and offer nothing new except graphics (not really worth the massive effort imo). Not much of 1770's style is reflected in the clothing of 2020. Maybe in some very traditional tribes in remote pockets of the world, but on the whole people have a changed aesthetic.

    And one more technical concern, covered by Danikat's comment on the need to re-make all the skins but to drill down, the current armor rig system is why armor weights can't mix. Since that is clearly something they'd change if they could, and would incorporate into a new big game, they can't just move the skins over.

  • Should it ever happen here is my vote. At least the cash shop skins, regular skins i don't want them auto-unlocked but the stuff i spent money on should carry over.

  • If there were an option to vote (which there isn't) I'd vote 'No'. New game, fresh start.

  • We didn't get the 'cash-shop' skins from Guild Wars in Guild Wars 2. No one seemed to mind.
    If there were to be such a thing as Guild Wars 3 (which I don't think there will be), I'd hope for and expect something as different as Guild Wars 2 is to Guild Wars. Otherwise, just improve Guild Wars 2.

  • Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

    No, and will add this to my list of dumb ideas suggested in the forums.

  • Shadowmoon.7986Shadowmoon.7986 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2020

    Honestly this might be the only way for gw2 players to migrate over to a new game, specifically the whales. Players will not want to leave if they invested alot of time and money into this game.
    I would like to point to overwatch 2 and how project titan was cancelled over at blizzard.

  • Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    Honestly this might be the only way for gw2 players to migrate over to a new game, specifically the whales. Players will not want to leave if they invested alot of time and money into this game.
    I would like to point to overwatch 2 and how project titan was cancelled over at blizzard.

    Im a whale, if this game is closed i wont be playing another MMO, period.

    Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I play games for playing them, not collecting pixels. Anet could transfer all the skins they want to whatever theoretical game they are releasing; it wouldn't be a reason for me to play it. I don't think I'm the exception.

    Honestly, I would actually find it really hard to invest in a new MMO if the game dev just gave me a whole bunch of 'stuff' I had in some other MMO. My first question would be "How bad is your new MMO if you are just giving me stuff to bribe me to play it?"

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/