Client repair is not responding — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Client repair is not responding

Mannah.4012Mannah.4012 Member ✭✭
edited February 13, 2020 in Account & Technical Support

As the title says, I succesfully installed the game yesterday afternoon (for 2nd time) but everytime I play (around 20 min after) my game crashes. Reading the forums ppl say to use -repair to fix the problem. But when my computer runs the Client Repair it stops working. What should I do now?

Comments

• Antycypator.9874Antycypator.9874 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

It's a common thing. Keep the repair window on your screen, don't hide it. Maybe just run the -repair and don't do anything, let it work.

I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

• If you post the first part of the Crash Report (Show Details), someone may be able to offer assistance.

Good luck.

• Bassdeff.1895Bassdeff.1895 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

@Antycypator.9874 said:
    It's a common thing. Keep the repair window on your screen, don't hide it. Maybe just run the -repair and don't do anything, let it work.

Pretty much this, start it and sit there and watch the progress bar for 20 mins. Don't start surfing the internet, or watch a video, or listen to music. Don't even touch your mouse, pretty much anything will cause it to become unresponsive. Kind of a junk utility.

@OP There are any number of reason for why your game is crashing. A crash log would be useful. I was having crashing issues lately after updating my graphics driver. The game would crash so hard that I would only get a black screen and the power and reset buttons on my PC wouldn't even work. I had to shut the power supply off. Running "display driver uninstall utility" in safe mode and reinstalling the driver in safe mode seems to have fixed it cause it hasn't acted up since.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

Make sure your disk is okay before trying the repair. Do a overnight full disk surface scan (scan for bad sectors). This can take many hours.
    If the disk has bad sectors, and GW2.dat is in one, it may cause hangs and game crashes.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• It seems my disk wasn't working properly and was creating corrupted data. I reinstalled the game on another disk and now seems to work fine.
    So problem solved, tyvm everyone for your answers ^^