[POLL] What do you like to play the most PvE mode or WvW mode or sPvP mode? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

[POLL] What do you like to play the most PvE mode or WvW mode or sPvP mode?

This a just friendly poll to see what Guild Wars 2 members what you like to play the most.

Feel welcome tell everyone your reasons for your for your vote.

[POLL] What do you like to play the most PvE mode or WvW mode or sPvP mode? 96 votes

PvE (Such as dungeons, raids, fractals, events, stories and so on)
70%
maddoctor.2738Cerioth.7062Just a flesh wound.3589Endless Soul.5178Rauderi.8706Neural.1824Danikat.8537Reynarth.4819DietPepsi.4371Dante.1763DeanBB.4268karmarius.6128Randulf.7614Tachenon.5270Ameepa.6793Daddicus.6128Dragana.1497kurfu.5623Westenev.5289ffletcher.3468 68 votes
WvW
20%
Arzurag.7506IndigoSundown.5419Mazreal Blackknight.1564Blockhead Magee.3092Nimrod.9240Blackarps.1974linamaria.1830Hannelore.8153Liston.9708Morlhach.4521ilMasa.2546Anrkides.4083Saleerian.2973C Cspace Cowboy.5903RedShark.9548pointaction.4639nEmM.3076Excursion.9752Antipode.7830c space cowboy.2764 20 votes
sPvP
8%
ArthurDent.9538choovanski.5462DonArkanio.6419Raiden The Beast.3016dtox.8397Xar.6279Arcaniaxs.4519KristaLeigh.4236 8 votes

Comments

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

I'm pretty much PvE only, and even then I don't do raids, and rarely do fractals and dungeons.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• kratan.4619kratan.4619 Member ✭✭✭

Open world PvE only.

• PvE (Such as dungeons, raids, fractals, events, stories and so on)

About 99% PvE but if they were to add WvW alliances, which would allow all guild members to go to one WvW World, then I would be interested in doing WvW once a week.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• GW Noob.6038GW Noob.6038 Member ✭✭✭

I only do open-world stuff, like meta events and world bosses, and a lot of node-farming...but, since I play a lot in the daytime I am very restricted in what I can do - there are too many maps, and not enough people playing.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I do WvW occasionally, but running around the same 4 maps capturing and recapturing the same places over and over again gets boring quickly, so it tends to be a couple of hours over a few evenings in a week then nothing for a few weeks, then back again etc.

The vast majority of my time is spent in PvE, doing a bit of everything. Right now I'm going back through some collections I started but never finished, or meant to do and never even started. I'm also working on map completion on some alts.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

Almost exclusively PvE, I do sometimes pop into WvW but not often.

• Ameepa.6793Ameepa.6793 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

Open world PvE. I don't do raids/dungeons/fractals.

• Funky.4861Funky.4861 Member ✭✭✭

I only wvw for gift of battle, select reward tracks or easy dailies, otherwise it's pve all the way.

• TheMaverick.6104TheMaverick.6104 Member ✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

Involved with all gamemodes, but spvp and pve om daily basis. Wvw periodically.

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭✭

I love PVP a lot, WvW is ok too, but most of my time is spent in all sorts of PVE content.

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020
    WvW

I prefer WvW, but currently that game mode is on life support (and has been for years) so I spend alot of time in PvE. As for PvE content I prefer Fractals but those are also on life support now so I stick mainly to collections and such.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay, NA | 22 charas, 16k hours, 28k AP | ♀♥♀
    Mains Mariyuuna/Auramancer(PvE) & Terakura/Healbreaker(WvW) aka Henge of Denravi Silver Invader [SUKI]
    No need to be best, only good and kind.

PvE only - mostly open world but sometimes I join for fractals or dungeons, and I tried raids once.

• Jwake.7013Jwake.7013 Member ✭✭✭

I play all pretty much equal. Would go nutty if I couldn't split my time between each of them.

"Freedom is something that you need to actively acquire. It's not something that's given with no strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility, and to prepare yourself for what's to come." ~Charles Beams~

• SoulGuardian.6203SoulGuardian.6203 Member ✭✭✭✭

PVE mostly.
    Occasionally do dungeons, fractals, and WvW. Most likely when I need something from those modes.

Only played PvP twice. Two matches.
    Didn't really like it tbh.
    Mostly because I had no clue what I was doing.
    Was wondering around aimlessly.
    So to avoid people start calling me names, like noob and such, that was it.

I'm a Pve'r through and through.
    I enjoy the multi player aspect; especially in metas, but I must admit that I'm mostly a soloist.
    Don't get me wrong; I really like helping other players, and will call upon others too, when needed.
    But I'd really like that WvW had more map variety, and there were more open comm tags.
    Most are private parties and aren't very welcoming of "outsiders", even though we're on the same side.
    So I avoid it, and only do it for currency, etc...

PvE scrub here. Occasionally in WvW for gift of battle. Easy loot for the real PvP ppl :p

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭✭
    WvW

I played PvE for 6 years. Dungeons, Fractals, Open world everything. Never got into raiding but mainly because I don't have the time to devote to learning them. But for the last year I have spent most of my time outside of living world update days in WvW. In my opinion it has helped me become a better player in general. Mainly because I was lazy at PvE.I would do the bare minimum and I would be fine. WvW is not as forgiving and made me respect the red circles and be mindful when I attack. I know its not for everyone but it really helped me.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

Change from release when I dabbled in all 3 modes(though really sPvP was just for certain purposes and it's never been a go to game mode), but back then WvW was fun and entertaining. I just like the story and open world, I love open world games and play them for hundreds of hours whether single player or it's GW/GW2(some ESO and PoE when needing a break from GW2).

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

PVE, but i really dont do Raids, or fractals much if at all. Dungeons i havent done since i finished all the collections.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• Nidome.1365Nidome.1365 Member ✭✭✭

I play 50% PvE/50% WvW but they wasn't and option for that up there so I voted PvE but that isn't an accurate vote.

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭
    WvW

See, that poll looks alot different than the one in the wvw section :p
    WvW
    When i play pve its mostly because of stuff i need for wvw, or helping friends to get stuff for wvw.
    Right now our linking has 0 serious commanders tho, and solo roaming is kinda kitten (yes warclaw pun intended) so im mostly waiting for the big patch to hit and play completely different games.

Might get back into pvp, depending on the balance patch, and that 15v15 mode they talked about.

@RedShark.9548 said:
    WvW
    When i play pve its mostly because of stuff i need for wvw, or helping friends to get stuff for wvw.
    Right now our linking has 0 serious commanders tho, and solo roaming is kinda kitten (yes warclaw pun intended) so im mostly waiting for the big patch to hit and play completely different games.

Might get back into pvp, depending on the balance patch, and that 15v15 mode they talked about.

Of course it does. I'd imagine the people that frequent the WvW sub would play WvW. It would also look different in the PvP section or the dungeons/raids sections. Hence why someone made it here, in general.

Open World or I Close Game.

For 95% it's PvE and every content in it: Raids, Fractals, Dungeons, Strike Missions, Open World.
    Sometimes I play PvP, but only if my guildmates convice me to go with them.
    WvW: only for Gift of Battle.

Master of garbage builds and being useless.

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭
    WvW

@Thorstienn.1642 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:
    WvW

Of course it does. I'd imagine the people that frequent the WvW sub would play WvW. It would also look different in the PvP section or the dungeons/raids sections. Hence why someone made it here, in general.

I just said that, because i told OP in the wvw section that the poll there would be greatly biased. Abd that it would exactly like that in the pve or pvp section.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Thorstienn.1642 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:
    WvW

I just said that, because i told OP in the wvw section that the poll there would be greatly biased. Abd that it would exactly like that in the pve or pvp section.

Ah, fair call.

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

Warclaw kinda killed solo ganking in wvw, and PvP feels like a complicated mess I still don't understand after 4 years.

I dunno, I just don't have fun in these game modes since I feel like I am fighting my build more than the other player...

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭

WvW and Open World are the things I enjoy most. Anything with a massive amount of players.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you.

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

PvE

I do play WvW daily, but only for the daily rewards. I don't really like the atmosphere there, so putting in a lot of time there would be bad.

PvP? It has the worst elements of WvW without any positive value (to me). I never go there, and likely never will.

By the way, please note that the forum's population is not indicative of the game's population. The forum tends to skew heavily towards passionate players, which means WvW and PvP.

• ilMasa.2546ilMasa.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    WvW

Sorry i still have that strange idea in my head that when Gw2 came out,WvW was supposed to be the actual Endgame the devs had in their mind.
    And imo,it was the best feature the game was offering and it is still the only part of the game i care.

But then several things happened and now it is what is i guess.

• I try to play all equally, but can literally get lost for hours in wvw. Been known to play for long stretches at a time. My personal record being 33 hours.

• fixit.7189fixit.7189 Member ✭✭✭

i play only pve open world. no raids, fractals, dungeons, strikes, etc. just OW. it's pretty much the only reason i play gw2 in the first place.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

Open world, mostly.
    I'd aim for more, but that would require a strong guild core.

I haven't touched PvP (even the fake variety) in months.
    Too much salt and horribly balanced.

I'm waiting for Alliances to WvW. Not because I like it, but because I need it for Gift of Battle. If it weren't for that, I'd never touch it.
    Same problems as PvP, but it takes even longer to get to the action. Such a bore.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692