Spirit shards

Someone about a month ago told me that you can convert shards into gold without needing to do much. But I honestly can't remember what they said to do. I tried looking this up but it all involved spending a big amount of money and then crafting the item in the mystic forge with using only 1 spirit shard. Or something to that effect. The thing is I got 8,000 shards. Anyways, I'm sort of lost right now. Any help please? Thanks!

I'm currently trying to find a way that is worthwhile as well. As far as I can tell, it's a case of finding things to craft that use Eldritch Scroll's, as they use 50 at a time. But those recipes also tend to involve the use of lots of mystic coins, making high value ones very risky as chances are you'll just get undercut and it won't sell. (happened to me recently, made a Mystic Weapon that had been selling for about 47-50g, sold two, but then the second I listed the third at 47g someone listed 15 of them at 35g! Since then more have been listed around 33-35g so chances are mine will never sell now, unless I cancel and relist which will now be at a loss with the fees).

I read an old thread on reddit which mentioned just promoting mats with them, but I think that only used 1-3 at a time, and the profits seem relatively low as all mats have dropped in price. And from what I gathered that method seems quite a lot of hassle, doing buy orders for mats to put in the forge and promote, keeping track of it all, potentially being undercut each time etc. I'd imagine it would take forever to get through even a thousand shards that way. I think as a time to gold ratio I'd rather just do some events and stuff I enjoy to try and earn some gold.

But if there is a better option for turning these into gold without too much risk / time, then I'd like to hear about it too :)

Archived