[Suggestion] Timers for Bounties

One of the major issues with bounties is their availability, it's impossible to plan for them because they are not tied to event chains, meta events or even a simple timer.Adding a visible timer when someone interacts with the bounty board would be a great step towards less frustration with bounties, making it easier to form groups for them, eliminating the wait period and in general making them more engaging and fun, without even touching their rewards (that's for a different topic)

At least the Legendary bounties, or those that are parts of collection achievements need to be more easily accessible and available to players, without the requirement to stalk the LFG or afk next to a bounty board until they are up. This would also allow players waiting for the bounty to spawn, to move away and do other events around the area.

Thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Champion Bounties are generic enough that they don't need a timer, but the three Legendaries are near World Boss status.I don't know if I should wait 5 mins for the bounty to drop, go to the location where the creature spawns, or if I just missed it and have to wait... And then you gamble there are enough people to take the creature down.I'm waiting for the Corrupted Facet to drop. It's my last speed bump on my way to the griffon. I'm sure I'm not the only person having this issue.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:Champion Bounties are generic enough that they don't need a timer, but the three Legendaries are near World Boss status.I don't know if I should wait 5 mins for the bounty to drop, go to the location where the creature spawns, or if I just missed it and have to wait... And then you gamble there are enough people to take the creature down.I'm waiting for the Corrupted Facet to drop. It's my last speed bump on my way to the griffon. I'm sure I'm not the only person having this issue.

If it actually easy to tell if you just missed a legendary bounty. Their chest icons sticks around on the map for several minutes.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Game of Bones.8975 said:Champion Bounties are generic enough that they don't need a timer, but the three Legendaries are near World Boss status.I don't know if I should wait 5 mins for the bounty to drop, go to the location where the creature spawns, or if I just missed it and have to wait... And then you gamble there are enough people to take the creature down.I'm waiting for the Corrupted Facet to drop. It's my last speed bump on my way to the griffon. I'm sure I'm not the only person having this issue.

If it actually easy to tell if you just missed a legendary bounty. Their chest icons sticks around on the map for several minutes.

That's only if it was a successful kill, though. If it failed, or if you zone in after the chest has despawned/before the bounty ticket respawns, then you're still left not knowing how long you'll have to wait.

Archived