I heard from a streamer executioner strike might get buffed thoughts? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

I heard from a streamer executioner strike might get buffed thoughts?

Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

I heard from a streamer who does PVP on reaper that there was a stream talking about reversing nerfs on executioner scythe in pvp even though it has cc and dmg combined.

What are your thoughts? He said CC should be removed and dmg increased thoughts? should that be done?

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

Comments

  • Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    @Axl.8924 said:
    I heard from a streamer who does PVP on reaper that there was a stream talking about reversing nerfs on executioner scythe in pvp even though it has cc and dmg combined.

    What are your thoughts? He said CC should be removed and dmg increased thoughts? should that be done?

    I heard this comment too, they were saying that they would still nerf the damage a little bit and remove the stun altogether which I feel fits the skill better than just having a 0.1 power coefficient

    (this was from anet stream in which Cmc commented on it, not sure which stream it was)

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    Yeah i heard exe scythe dmg was laughable weak now, so yeah kinda makes sense unless they keep it like that but add more sustain tools in there to be offensive sort of like the way warrior with rampage?

    Why can't reaper shroud be like rampage like warr where it has its tools retooled to be offensive cc.

    In my opinion reaper shroud shouldn't get buffed in dmg because necros can never be properly strong

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They said that some cc skills might get reworked or have exceptions made for their damage but that the damage would still not be very high unless the cc factor is removed basically.

    That said im not sure how good of a change that is going to be because reaper really needs that lockdown to hold people in place some times i was in favor for removing the damage and the damage modifier in exchange for increased stun duration and upping the target cap from 1 to 3 to make it in line with the other reaper skills as far as the number of targets that can be hit.

    In pve even with that change in mind it would still do good damage but its generally not a part of reaper rotation atm unless your pve group has almost no or very low chill uptime. Removing the cc from it makes reaper a bit weaker as a break bar buster too (when not using golem) so i dont know really. ITs clear we cant have both so i guess there is a side that wants one over the other im personally for the increased stun duration if the target cap was increased if its still stuck to being 1 target though then im all for the damage coming back and the stun going away.

    @Axl.8924
    Reapers skills are plenty offensive also remember that rampage is an elite utility while reaper is just a profession mechanic. ITs suppose to be more in line with warrior burst skills which i would say it is more or less in its own way.

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ZDragon.3046 said:
    They said that some cc skills might get reworked or have exceptions made for their damage but that the damage would still not be very high unless the cc factor is removed basically.

    That said im not sure how good of a change that is going to be because reaper really needs that lockdown to hold people in place some times i was in favor for removing the damage and the damage modifier in exchange for increased stun duration and upping the target cap from 1 to 3 to make it in line with the other reaper skills as far as the number of targets that can be hit.

    In pve even with that change in mind it would still do good damage but its generally not a part of reaper rotation atm unless your pve group has almost no or very low chill uptime. Removing the cc from it makes reaper a bit weaker as a break bar buster too (when not using golem) so i don't know really. It's clear we can't have both so i guess there is a side that wants one over the other personally for the increased stun duration if the target cap was increased if its still stuck to being 1 target though then im all for the damage coming back and the stun going away.

    @Axl.8924
    Reapers skills are plenty offensive also remember that rampage is an elite utility while reaper is just a professional mechanic. ITs suppose to be more in line with warrior burst skills which I would say it is more or less in its own way.

    What I mean is "reaper shroud" not reaper elite spec.

    I am talking about reaper shroud used as cc mechanic with low dmg so keeping it really low dmg with cc moves I think is the right direction, as we can be highly offensive then leave shroud and do DPS.

    having a class as both power dmg CC and shroud is simply too much to ask for atm and it can never be balanced as DPS, so reaper shroud needs to stay low DPS and highly defensive maybe with offensive ccs being restructured in it.

    If you got really high DPS in the shroud, it will be forced to sacrifice tankiness or stay mediocre to bad at both. I think part of the reason why it gets heavily nerfed and fixed, is due to the fact if you had a situation where you re super tanky and do lots of dmg, people would complain. If reaper elite necro is out of shroud and using GS, he's more vulnerable to dmg.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    Removing the stun and keeping the damage is a very bad idea and I don't think any competent player would vote for such a change.

    Reasons: Reaper shroud deals enough damage on the auto attack and skill4. A hard cc is much better than a further damage attack on a high cast time so that you end up with the same damage like just doing 2 autoattacks in the same time you would cast and hit with executioner scythe, which can be dodged easily. It would make no sense at all to even use the skill outside of pve for the ice field. Addionally hard cc skills will become very important in the game since stability is nerfed and the damage is lowered. You will need cc skills to set up bursts esp. against mobile specs.

    A few weeks ago when anet nerfed rampage and stated that they plan to remove the damage on all hard cc skills, I already said in the rampage trait that the name "executioner scythe" will be good for a laugh when it deals like 50 damage (0.01 mulitplier) and they should just rename it to "chilling scythe".

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    @KrHome.1920 said:
    Removing the stun and keeping the damage is a very bad idea and I don't think any competent player would vote for such a change.

    Reasons: Reaper shroud deals enough damage on the auto attack and skill4. A hard cc is much better than a further damage attack on a high cast time so that you end up with the same damage like just doing 2 autoattacks in the same time you would cast and hit with executioner scythe, which can be dodged easily. It would make no sense at all to even use the skill outside of pve for the ice field. Addionally hard cc skills will become very important in the game since stability is nerfed and the damage is lowered. You will need cc skills to set up bursts esp. against mobile specs.

    A few weeks ago when anet nerfed rampage and stated that they plan to remove the damage on all hard cc skills, I already said in the rampage trait that the name "executioner scythe" will be good for a laugh when it deals like 50 damage (0.01 multiplier) and they should just rename it to "chilling scythe".

    @Axl.8924 said:
    I am talking about reaper shroud used as cc mechanic with low dmg so keeping it really low dmg with cc moves I think is the right direction, as we can be highly offensive then leave shroud and do DPS.

    Why would you do this??

    If the shroud is bad for offense then you could just remove it and give necro some blocks.

    Truth be told I agree with you I personally think it should be for CCing and maintain to survive so you can choose to be defensive cc and focus on using it to sustain yourself or to pressure someone with ccs. If they make necros have sustainability in shroud they cannot hit really hard OR be good at sustain. If it was like rampage where damage didn't do much but you could hard cc maybe use it to keep yourself alive and maybe pressure cc to be able to get an opening it could work in my opinion and necros could keep tankiness for when in shroud and dmg dealers outside. I know necros are gonna miss it but it has to be done.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    @Axl.8924 said:
    I am talking about reaper shroud used as cc mechanic with low dmg so keeping it really low dmg with cc moves I think is the right direction, as we can be highly offensive then leave shroud and do DPS.

    Why would you do this??

    If shroud is bad for offense (damage) then you could just remove it and give reaper some blocks and rework the spec to more mobility.

    (I planed to edit my former posting, but meanwhile I got a thumbs up and the voter might not share my opinion of the edit, so: multipost)

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    @KrHome.1920 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:
    I am talking about reaper shroud used as cc mechanic with low dmg so keeping it really low dmg with cc moves I think is the right direction, as we can be highly offensive then leave shroud and do DPS.

    Why would you do this??

    If the shroud is bad for offensives (damage) then you could just remove it and give reaper some blocks and rework the spec to more mobility.

    (I planned to edit my former posting, but meanwhile I got a thumbs up and the voter might not share my opinion of the edit, so: multipost)

    Because people are bound to complain about reaper if dmg didn't get nerfed reaper executioner strike stuns and dealt a ton of damage and necro has a bit of sustain. 2 of those together cause problems if everything were nerfed cept dmg and bound to see nerfs to either sustain or necro dmg or both, but if reaper necro does all of its damage outside shroud and shroud is used to offensive pressure and sustain itself, it can keep its damage and its vulnerable. If necros kill with GS you can say at least Trevor can say well at least I died from an out of shroud necro who is a lot more vulnerable. There are people like Trevor boyer out there already complaining about the shroud, and if we don't do something such as the change to out of shroud melee dmg, necros are going to take heavy sustain nerfs from hitting hard in the shroud. Either dmg is gonna stay real nerfed where it becomes ineffective, or sustain gets heavily nerfed such as life force generation gets extremely heavily nerfed and we end up back to where we were.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @KrHome.1920 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:
    I am talking about reaper shroud used as cc mechanic with low dmg so keeping it really low dmg with cc moves I think is the right direction, as we can be highly offensive then leave shroud and do DPS.

    Why would you do this??

    If the shroud is bad for offensives (damage) then you could just remove it and give reaper some blocks and rework the spec to more mobility.

    (I planned to edit my former posting, but meanwhile I got a thumbs up and the voter might not share my opinion of the edit, so: multipost)

    Because people are bound to complain about reaper if dmg didn't get nerfed reaper executioner strike stuns and dealt a ton of damage and necro has a bit of sustain. 2 of those together cause problems if everything were nerfed cept dmg and bound to see nerfs to either sustain or necro dmg or both, but if reaper necro does all of its damage outside shroud and shroud is used to offensive pressure and sustain itself, it can keep its damage and its vulnerable. If necros kill with GS you can say at least Trevor can say well at least I died from an out of shroud necro who is a lot more vulnerable. There are people like Trevor boyer out there already complaining about the shroud, and if we don't do something such as the change to out of shroud melee dmg, necros are going to take heavy sustain nerfs from hitting hard in the shroud. Either dmg is gonna stay real nerfed where it becomes ineffective, or sustain gets heavily nerfed such as life force generation gets extremely heavily nerfed and we end up back to where we were.

    The reasoning behind my posting above has been that reaper has some identity which is "being dangerous in shroud". And another problem is that if you limit shroud to cc then it becomes clunky because you lose all your flexibility to combo cc and damage. The spec would lose a lot of its fun and potential.

    Regarding that core necro sustain thread: I think I made pretty clear in that thread what I think about it. :p

  • DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2020

    @KrHome.1920 said:
    Removing the stun and keeping the damage is a very bad idea and I don't think any competent player would vote for such a change.

    Reasons: Reaper shroud deals enough damage on the auto attack and skill4. A hard cc is much better than a further damage attack on a high cast time so that you end up with the same damage like just doing 2 autoattacks in the same time you would cast and hit with executioner scythe, which can be dodged easily. It would make no sense at all to even use the skill outside of pve for the ice field. Addionally hard cc skills will become very important in the game since stability is nerfed and the damage is lowered. You will need cc skills to set up bursts esp. against mobile specs.

    A few weeks ago when anet nerfed rampage and stated that they plan to remove the damage on all hard cc skills, I already said in the rampage trait that the name "executioner scythe" will be good for a laugh when it deals like 50 damage (0.01 mulitplier) and they should just rename it to "chilling scythe".

    My thoughts. EScythe fails to achieve the merit ANet was going for as to be a quick finisher because the animation is just too slow and sustain and damage negation is just too high for it to reliably act as an execution tool. NCSY is not a good enough skill to use consistently to make it a valuable skill with such a cast time unless trying to combo a lockdown early into already-spent stunbreaks. Reaper CC is also low across the board meaning it'd be too easy to kite a reaper, especially with the loss of SoS's consistent movespeed bonus since SR's rework.

    The skill is generally used best when combined with GS5 or a fear combo off recast RS3 near its end. Of course there are exceptions, but making it a damage skill with the same cast time is probably the worst way to have the skill function.

    Unless they massively cut the cast time I think it'll just be bad.

    You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.
    Quit/Inactive. No, you can't have my stuff.

  • should be an aoe stun imo. reaper doesn't need more damage.

    Te lazla otstara.

  • Flumek.9043Flumek.9043 Member ✭✭✭

    Only roleplayers can complain and suggest such a bad trade,

    3s stun for 2x autos worth of dmg combined into so the number is bigger and gets blinded easier.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Tbh. Stun should stay, but renaming it would be nice.
    But there's the problem that pve still uses the current version.
    So it would have to be a name like "death's calling" or just "chilling scythe".

    Or make it an exception skill, so it's allowed to do dmg and cc. But I don't think making exceptions is good, as you would have to do them for every class, and then we are back to power creep really fast.

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2020

    I think they should keep the Stun.
    It's very significant as part of Reaper's CC arsenal, and part of why Reaper is so terrifying in Melee combat.

    @Nimon.7840 said:
    Tbh. Stun should stay, but renaming it would be nice.
    But there's the problem that pve still uses the current version.
    So it would have to be a name like "death's calling" or just "chilling scythe".

    Rename it Death Sentence or something, since when yu actually do get stunned by it and have no Stunbreaks, it's 100% death if not by the Reaper, by the rest of their team.

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

  • Anchoku.8142Anchoku.8142 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If Reaper Shroud was transformed to be a mobility, combo finishing, hard defense, boon/condi management, and control effect skill bar Reaper could use to pick a necessary effect and exit on a short cool down it would not need much damage.

    RS could work like swapping attunements or kits instead of camping out for dps.