[Fluff] Made for a laugh, but could we have this as next years April Fools?

When I saw the original launch material for POF, all I could see was this:http://properdave.com/public/misc/reddit-posts/see-me-rollin-riding-derpy.jpg

But is occurred to me a Googly Eyes effect could be an amusing addition to the game, just like the Bobble Heads. :)

Edit: Did I hit a profanity filter? The last word in my link appears to have transformed into 'kitten' by the forum.Here's a link that will work: http://properdave.com/public/misc/reddit-posts/see-me-rollin.jpg

@ProperDave.7425 said:There was outrage before? I know people were upset by bobble heads and aviator goggles being so expensive when they got made a permanent feature, and I'm still sore SAB isn't finished, but I do hope Anet will still gift us amusing features in future. :o

Yes. A couple years back, when ANet did their aviator themed joke (the one where your character stuck their arms out and made airplane noises), there was a very minor minor but extremely vocal outrage over ANet being very insensitive because just a few days before an airliner went down on the other side of the planet.

If I remember correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong), ANet didn't do anything last April Fool's due that outrage.

@Endless Soul.5178 said:Yes. A couple years back, when ANet did their aviator themed joke (the one where your character stuck their arms out and made airplane noises), there was a very minor minor but extremely vocal outrage over ANet being very insensitive because just a few days before an airliner went down on the other side of the planet.If I remember correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong), ANet didn't do anything last April Fool's due that outrage.Nothing was done last year besides SAB becoming the official seasonal event for April Fools.

Now that you mention it I do recall the complaints about the Aviator effect. Granted the coincidence with world events was unfortunate. I guess we won't see anything like the GW1 stickmen or such either. :/

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@ProperDave.7425 said:There was outrage before? I know people were upset by bobble heads and aviator goggles being so expensive when they got made a permanent feature, and I'm still sore SAB isn't finished, but I do hope Anet will still gift us amusing features in future. :o

Yes. A couple years back, when ANet did their aviator themed joke (the one where your character stuck their arms out and made airplane noises), there was a very minor minor but extremely vocal outrage over ANet being very insensitive because just a few days before an airliner went down on the other side of the planet.

If I remember correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong), ANet didn't do anything last April Fool's due that outrage.

They did post joke patch notes this year and last year as their April Fool's joke, but nothing in-game.

imo, It’s unlikely they will ever have April fools day again. Not after the multi page forum outrage by some because a hijacked plane went down a week or so before on the opposite side of the world from ANet and they decided the Aviator Box was insensitive. ANet has to go on the forums and apologize. The next April Fools they had SAB and they haven’t had an April fools since that incident two years back.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:imo, It’s unlikely they will ever have April fools day again. Not after the multi page forum outrage by some because a hijacked plane went down a week or so before on the opposite side of the world from ANet and they decided the Aviator Box was insensitive. ANet has to go on the forums and apologize. The next April Fools they had SAB and they haven’t had an April fools since that incident two years back.

Oh yes, I forgot about the apology part.

Archived