Am I doing right being a healer in my fractal group?

For my group I am talking about five non-experienced players who started from fractal level 1 going up knowing only about base mechanics read/saw in guides.

T1 was easy, T2 started (at some insta+bosses combo above lvl 35) showing no mercy. Then my question is:

Moving from a Tempest to a Firebrand Healer will help this group breath and learn what is happening around or will it only blind us about our flaws?

Ps: group has a renegade, warrior banner, dragonhunter, reaper and me (tempest for now). Besides of myself, I don't intend to force others change their classes/specs.

@rogermkiihl.1967 said:Moving from a Tempest to a Firebrand Healer will help this group breath and learn what is happening around or will it only blind us about our flaws?

Both, but what you can do is make a Firebrand with both a quickbrand setup and heal setup (quickbrand doesn't nee that much boon duration, 20-30% is sufficient and can be reached via food and fractal poitions or 1-2 diviner pieces or a Sigil of Concentration). Then start as quickbrand with less healing, healing is not really needed below T4 and even T4 can be done without a dedicated healer, swap to heal firebrand if things get to challenging.

The benefit here is that players will first experience the content without healer but have the option to have a healer carry them.

@rogermkiihl.1967 said:Ps: group has a renegade, warrior banner, dragonhunter, reaper and me (tempest for now). Besides of myself, I don't intend to force others change their classes/specs.

Should not be necessary. A Firebrand, Renegade, bs warrior, DH and reaper setup can clear ANY fractal content, including CMs, with minimal challenge. I dare say it's probably the easiest group setup one can go for atm.

With Firebrand u could support ur Group with quickness so, that would be surely beneficial. Although ur right, heal Firebrand (all healers tbf) make u face roll thru the content, without realising what ur actually doing wrong.If u want to complet dailies easy just go heal fb.If u want to improve, u can play without healer for most of the Time. Fractals are mainly about positioning urself properly, and doing good cc on trash mobs or boss and bursting . For example darkrazor from renegade is 6 sec pulsing daze. In this Time u can easilly kill all mobs, making dedicated healer unnecessery. Its just one example. Renegade elite skill is one of Best healing skill in the game it just requires ur party to attack.But if ull struggle, and ull die and ull get frustrated, just go with healer, remember u play this game for fun

II would go with the heal FB. If the rev and the other 3 dps are good you can clear all T4 dailies in under 30min even with 1 guy running full minstrel no dmg FB.

Having one support class in your grupo makes it way easier. Considering you're group is non-experienced I would heavily recommend you to go with 1 support FB.

Also, for pugging it way better to play as a heal FB than a dps. With a Heal FB you can carry even terrible groups if you know what you are doing

There is no need to stress yourself over this. Use what is needed to make the runs smooth while you are just starting out. Stick to using that Heal FB until everything feels like a breeze. You will know the difference then and you will be able to judge whether it is worth it for your group to replace the healer.