Two weeks ago

Loop.8106

Two weeks ago, + a few days an Anet employee (whom Im not going to name) posted that they were aware of the fact that Scourge damage is bugged. They know that they do way too much damage due to shades triggering multiple times.

That was over two weeks ago. You can nerf Test of Faith damage mid season, but you can't bugfix something that you not only know about. But something that is completely destroying 100% of the PvP matches.Literally 60% of every single game is filled with Scourges and Spellbreakers. You have the data. Look at it, and nerf accordingly.

Honest opinion...if they have no clue on how to fix scouge, they should just ban him from spvp till they figure it out on how to do it. Scourge and Spellbreaker alone where able to completelety change leaderboard, carrying players way above their right division.Dropping the expac on middle season and allowing the new specs to join ranked games was a big mistake.

@Felipe.1807 said:Honest opinion...if they have no clue on how to fix scouge, they should just ban him from spvp till they figure it out on how to do it. Scourge and Spellbreaker alone where able to completelety change leaderboard, carrying players way above their right division.Dropping the expac on middle season and allowing the new specs to join ranked games was a big mistake.

I questioned that repeatedly and never got an answer.

No game I've ever played that had a ranked PvP mode ever dropped an xpac or major overhaul before a season ended. They always timed out the start of a new season around it.

What major malfunction in Anet thought that not doing the same would be a good idea?

Got to me honest, the absolute lack of balance and silence is damn infuriating at times, so I have to try and focus that no matter how pissed off I get nobody with the ability to adjust this gives a kitten about the balance.

Once you accept and embrace that fact, you can calm down again.

Why does one thing get nerfed immedietly and another doesn't? Could be because the coding on the second item is more complex.

Shade coding is apparently more complex than I thought it would be, because shades multi-hitting isn't the only bug with them. For example, you would expect Reaper's Might, Dhuumfire, and Unyielding Blast to all work the same with Shades, right?

Reaper's Might triggers only upon actually placing a shade. Unyielding Blast triggers every time a shade strikes (inculding twice if two shades overlap). Dhuumfire also triggers every time a shade strikes, but it will only trigger once if the shades overlap.

All three traits are supposed to apply to "Shroud 1" (which, for Scourge, refers to the Shades and their strike), and were assumed to work the same way. But no, we have three different functions. The only way this can be true is if the code is a lot more tangled than we originally thought.

Damage nerfs on Test of Faith are simply adjusting a number. If I had access to the code, I could adjust the damage of a strike within seconds to any value I wanted and it would work fine. Fixing bugged Shade behavior requires re-writing quite a bit of code, which may cause other things to break. That is why one can be rolled out rapidly and the other we are still waiting on.

There was a game breaking bug with Weaver on the classic restoration signet that got disabled and was unusable for the longest time.

As a Scourge main, I cannot stand fighting other scourges, it's not fun and it's not rewarding when I kill people either - purely because they either get really salty because of the low skill cap, or the fact that I killed them on accident.

I also think Spellbreakers need a drastic nerf to their ridiculous dps output/survivabilty with FC, considering the fact that they can easily 2-3 versus 1 by themselves in WvW and SPvP

Archived