Soulbeast WvW Solo Roaming [VIDEO]

ninjambo.3784

@ninjambo.3784 said:Hey guys! Some of you may remember me from my post and video from 2 weeks ago. I'm here with video number 2 :smile:My build will be posted below!

Your pet management is legit, refreshing to watch. I know it's WvW but your a good player, and I rarely say that to any Ranger. Looking forward to watching more of ya videos.

I'd like to see how you travel in SPvP, different ball game there.

@Sol.4310 said:

@ninjambo.3784 said:Hey guys! Some of you may remember me from my post and video from 2 weeks ago. I'm here with video number 2 :smile:My build will be posted below!

Your pet management is legit, refreshing to watch. I know it's WvW but your a good player, and I rarely say that to any Ranger. Looking forward to watching more of ya videos.

Thanks Sol! I still remember playing your fire trap, lightning reflexes shortbow build back in Vanilla. Good times.

@ninjambo.3784 said:

@Sol.4310 said:

Thanks Sol! I still remember playing your fire trap, lightning reflexes shortbow build back in Vanilla. Good times.

God that was so long ago, I'm rusty these days I spend too much time working. Do you remember when the Life Steal Food had no internal CD, so you could proc a trap and every single hit gave life lol. Good old days. I miss WvW, not gone there in over 2 years now SPvP took my soul made me even more bitter than i already was lol. But dude your skills are legit, if anyone watches your video take notice of your stealths. I've not seen any other Ranger use the smoke field so well.

I do remember that haha i really miss the shortbow trap ranger. You should try WvW again man, its not as triggering because it doesn't really matter as much if your teammates are shit :+1:

And thanks dude I appreciate that, you and Tanbin were definitely the rangers I looked up to back in the day.

Insanely good play, im new to Ranger and i dont think i could ever be as skilled, mostly as i have tried the Sword and Warhorn but jsut dont get on with them, i run Longbow and Greatsword. Im shocked at how much damage your Longbow does, you have very slimilar stats to me and i even use Sick 'em for the extra 40% damage and you still hit insane numbers without that lol

I won't piss in your pocket about the gameplay, but it's excellent. I find that the music really detracts from the video though because it's not my personal taste and I don't think it fits with combat but each to their own. If you make videos that you want others/everyone to enjoy watching, perhaps consider different tunes.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Insanely good play, im new to Ranger and i dont think i could ever be as skilled, mostly as i have tried the Sword and Warhorn but jsut dont get on with them, i run Longbow and Greatsword. Im shocked at how much damage your Longbow does, you have very slimilar stats to me and i even use Sick 'em for the extra 40% damage and you still hit insane numbers without that lol

Yeah it took me a while to really enjoy using the sword. I used to be in love with greatsword too. They both have their strengths so it's really all about preference. I still use greatsword/longbow in ranked pvp.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:I won't kitten in your pocket about the gameplay, but it's excellent. I find that the music really detracts from the video though because it's not my personal taste and I don't think it fits with combat but each to their own. If you make videos that you want others/everyone to enjoy watching, perhaps consider different tunes.

What kind of music would you recommend then?

@ninjambo.3784 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:I won't kitten in your pocket about the gameplay, but it's excellent. I find that the music really detracts from the video though because it's not my personal taste and I don't think it fits with combat but each to their own. If you make videos that you want others/everyone to enjoy watching, perhaps consider different tunes.

Personally, I'd just use something from the GW franchise OSTs or have none at all, just effects. You could also have the music volume lower and have game effects at 50:50 I suppose so there are other sounds and the focus is not totally on the music. People's taste in music varies wildly so careful choice of it will help make videos more appealing to a wider audience.

I watch a lot of gameplay videos, because I cannot actually play currently, and I frequently find that people choose music that they like for the video and not something that fits the style or combat.

This is just my personal opinon.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@ninjambo.3784 said:

Personally, I'd just use something from the GW franchise OSTs or have none at all, just effects. You could also have the music volume lower and have game effects at 50:50 I suppose so there are other sounds and the focus is not totally on the music. People's taste in music varies wildly so careful choice of it will help make videos more appealing to a wider audience.

I watch a lot of gameplay videos, because I cannot actually play currently, and I frequently find that people choose music that they like for the video and not something that fits the style or combat.

Well I will try to use music that appeals to more people, although I can't add game sounds because I don't play with sounds, longbow sounds are so annoying in my opinion haha.

@WilnerGW.3275 said:

How the Hell did u hit the thief is stealth?time: 5:36

I manually aimed my knockback arrow with my camera. Thats why I said "MLG Noscope" haha :tongue:

@ninjambo.3784 said:

@WilnerGW.3275 said:

How the Hell did u hit the thief is stealth?time: 5:36

I manually aimed my knockback arrow with my camera. Thats why I said "MLG Noscope" haha :tongue:

Yeah, that was fucking epic.

That "noscope" was superb.

I get the impression that you have to be THAT on point with your skills and reactions to make soulbeast work. IE never make a mistake with your timing or positioning or you are done. Go directly to respawn. Have a nice day.

For us mere mortals its much more of an uphill struggle to make ranger shine in the current balance climate.

@Sandzibar.5134 said:That "noscope" was superb.

I get the impression that you have to be THAT on point with your skills and reactions to make soulbeast work. IE never make a mistake with your timing or positioning or you are done. Go directly to respawn. Have a nice day.

For us mere mortals its much more of an uphill struggle to make ranger shine in the current balance climate.

Thats true, with soulbeast you are more squishy and have to be more careful about your positioning and your defensive cooldowns. That's the nice thing about druid, every 15 seconds you have a reset button. Clear all condis, heal to full, then get superspeed and stealth.

@ninjambo.3784 said:

@ninjambo.3784 said:

Well I will try to use music that appeals to more people, although I can't add game sounds because I don't play with sounds, longbow sounds are so annoying in my opinion haha.

For my videos, i use the Piano theme from Guild Wars 2, this was to counter how using music songs was getting my videos blocked in other countries. You could do something like that?

Archived