What sort of timetable am I looking at to acquire the Skyscale Mount?

Walker.7204

I've been away from the game for awhile, so while I've unlocked all of S4, I havn't done any of it. I'm looking for a good goal to get me going in the game again, but a little cloudy on how big of one the skyscale is, and if its worth the work, if you have the other mounts.

Thanks for your help.

I feel it's worth it; I use the Skyscale almost exclusively.It took me 3 weeks to obtain the Skyscale, and I had no materials in stock, other than the Charged Quartz.

The minimum time is 3 days, 8 hours.

Here are some articles on aquisition:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skyscalehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skyscale/Walkthrough

Good luck.

Most is soloable, a few steps require beating champions (I am particularly looking at the magic collecting step), but I think these are mostly metas on a timer, so getting there five~ten minutes early will ensure there is enough of a zerg to clear the content.

I believe there's only one step which can be troublesome, which is defeating a champion up on the north eastern edge of Vabbi. This one will likely require help, and will be fruitless if you only play at off hours or have social anxiety and are unable to request help (in that case have somebody else arrange the aid while you just wait for the event / people).

There are some bits which require group content, but nothing I think you'll be unable to find a group for with a little patience. It definitely helps if you're not in a hurry to finish it, because group events are easier to do if there's a daily or something to pull people into the map, they'll often hang around to do other things afterwards. Although of course you can get groups at other times using the LFG tool and/or asking guilds.

It took me almost 2 months to complete it, but I was taking my time. The bit which took the longest was collection 250 of each Season 4 map currency. I aimed for 50 per day (total, not 50 of each) but couldn't do it every day. But once it was done I had a mount which I love using, so it was worth it. :)

@Walker.7204 said:I've been away from the game for awhile, so while I've unlocked all of S4, I havn't done any of it. I'm looking for a good goal to get me going in the game again, but a little cloudy on how big of one the skyscale is, and if its worth the work, if you have the other mounts.

A few weeks ago I did it with an alt account that previously not had unlocked PoF and S4 maps. With a little planning it took me less than two weeks. But I did know PoF and S4 already before and played it before with my main account - so that helped a lot.

I first did unlock raptor and springer (to better travel on Dragonfall) and then worked on the skyscale. The longest wait time (several days) was to get the stacks of all the map currencies without a lot of alts-characters on that account. I would recommend that you include hearts/events on S4 maps for this currencies into your daily, so you have them ready when you need them for the collection later. And dont forget the bonus-piniata event in Crystal Oasis where you can select trade contracts from the chest once per day.

The maps are not that crowded/rushed like in the first days of the content, but it is still doable. For some events of the collctions you should look/ask in LFG or map chat for other players.

And yes, the Skyscale is worth it. :)

Thank you all for the encouragement..... I'm now excited to get this underway. I've played this game alot off on and on since launch, and have always found I enjoy it alot more when I'm working towards a specific goal..... I'm not in a huge rush, and with 9 alts (1 of each profession), I should be able to knock out the currency fairly well.

My main issue now is just picking a main again, and finding/relearning the build rotation etc... But, honestly that is sort of the part I enjoy about coming back to games after a long break.... cue up the youtube videos..

Thanks again

I did it in about a week and I had 4/5 of the PvE maps and little currency on most others. Luckily I had 6+ hours a day available, and followed video guides always. Also using two or more chars to do the hearts/collecting.

I also used pungent treats for the "Skyscale Lost", which has some annoying steps. Might have saved a day or not quite (but cost 90g).

@Skotlex.7580 said:Most is soloable, a few steps require beating champions (I am particularly looking at the magic collecting step), but I think these are mostly metas on a timer, so getting there five~ten minutes early will ensure there is enough of a zerg to clear the content.

I believe there's only one step which can be troublesome, which is defeating a champion up on the north eastern edge of Vabbi. This one will likely require help, and will be fruitless if you only play at off hours or have social anxiety and are unable to request help (in that case have somebody else arrange the aid while you just wait for the event / people).

The skyscale treat makes this one easily skipped though, and I highly recommend saving it for this.