A/A Boonbeast Build Feedback

Downstate.4697

Hey guys I've been playing around with this build for a few days with decent success in pvp and I think I'm ready to share it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POAFwE25TZEsQWEDihiJ31/rcARA-z5AXIZmC9WA5HBKNA

The build was inspired by the dual axe roamer build on metabattle.com but uses beastmaster instead of skirmishing.

Key features include:40% boon duration-30% condition damage-Decent mobility w/ sword and canine leap-Access to 2 pulls, a knockdown and taunt to land those tasty axe 5s-teamfight support via stances and cleave

I personally think the gameplay is more fun and rewarding than lb builds. After the big patch I dont expect it to be nerfed much in terms of trait choices. Chose not to take dolyak stance because it will be nerfed to 60s after patch and ain't nobody got time for that.

Anyways, try it out and let me know what you think :)

The build of isn’t bad. I’ve been playing many different boonbeast builds and was in top 10 all season solo q on it, until I decided to take a break. Pretty much the good things- definitely menders and axe/axe are the way to go in this meta, sometimes I’ll do paladins but the damage is exactly the same but with way less healing. U take stances and shouts which are great, u could also go GS instead of sword warhorn and just trait it, for 1 the only real dps thing on that is warhorn 4, so GS would have much improved dps and have dodges and block for good survivability. Not that it’s exactly a flaw but you are going nature magic which is super good and gives you some synergy with warhorn, but compared to wilderness survival nature magic is largely offensive so again GS dps might be better, but even though you are going menders this is a pretty offensive build- also with relatively poor condition cleanse besides bear stance so it’s bound to have a poor 1v1 MU into condition builds like fire weaver. It seems pretty niche to what I’m assuming is a play style that you prefer but I would definitely change some things- like I said before GS axe/axe with WS and BS with some stances, shouts and survival traits which are more spammable with condition clear and great utility, if I wanted a kind of hybrid Roamer which this is kind of an extreme version of or I would just play traditional boon east with menders or traditional LB builds. Anyways that’s my take on it feel free to comment on what I just said.

I like the added knockdown on hyena. That plus the nerf to swoop I can't see myself picking up raven for a little more burst. Beastly Warden getting a one second delay too. Honed axes is getting a slight buff which will grant an extra 120 ferocity to yourself in beastmode. All about personal preferance I guess. This build concept relies less on going out of beastmode. Only time I do is before a fight to stack boons. With the might duration nerfs I may need to keep beastmode less often though.

@"Dantheman.3589" said:The build of isn’t bad. I’ve been playing many different boonbeast builds and was in top 10 all season solo q on it, until I decided to take a break. Pretty much the good things- definitely menders and axe/axe are the way to go in this meta, sometimes I’ll do paladins but the damage is exactly the same but with way less healing. U take stances and shouts which are great, u could also go GS instead of sword warhorn and just trait it, for 1 the only real dps thing on that is warhorn 4, so GS would have much improved dps and have dodges and block for good survivability. Not that it’s exactly a flaw but you are going nature magic which is super good and gives you some synergy with warhorn, but compared to wilderness survival nature magic is largely offensive so again GS dps might be better, but even though you are going menders this is a pretty offensive build- also with relatively poor condition cleanse besides bear stance so it’s bound to have a poor 1v1 MU into condition builds like fire weaver. It seems pretty niche to what I’m assuming is a play style that you prefer but I would definitely change some things- like I said before GS axe/axe with WS and BS with some stances, shouts and survival traits which are more spammable with condition clear and great utility, if I wanted a kind of hybrid Roamer which this is kind of an extreme version of or I would just play traditional boon east with menders or traditional LB builds. Anyways that’s my take on it feel free to comment on what I just said.

Yeah Gs sounds like a fun option.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAEdflFwCZeMIGKeSXrv6BEB-z5AXINmAZWC5HBqMA

Anything you would change from this?

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:The build of isn’t bad. I’ve been playing many different boonbeast builds and was in top 10 all season solo q on it, until I decided to take a break. Pretty much the good things- definitely menders and axe/axe are the way to go in this meta, sometimes I’ll do paladins but the damage is exactly the same but with way less healing. U take stances and shouts which are great, u could also go GS instead of sword warhorn and just trait it, for 1 the only real dps thing on that is warhorn 4, so GS would have much improved dps and have dodges and block for good survivability. Not that it’s exactly a flaw but you are going nature magic which is super good and gives you some synergy with warhorn, but compared to wilderness survival nature magic is largely offensive so again GS dps might be better, but even though you are going menders this is a pretty offensive build- also with relatively poor condition cleanse besides bear stance so it’s bound to have a poor 1v1 MU into condition builds like fire weaver. It seems pretty niche to what I’m assuming is a play style that you prefer but I would definitely change some things- like I said before GS axe/axe with WS and BS with some stances, shouts and survival traits which are more spammable with condition clear and great utility, if I wanted a kind of hybrid Roamer which this is kind of an extreme version of or I would just play traditional boon east with menders or traditional LB builds. Anyways that’s my take on it feel free to comment on what I just said.

Yeah Gs sounds like a fun option.

Anything you would change from this?

Yeah that looks decent- though I don’t know what your second pet is. I use griffon stance some times against power comps but in general I think it gives only a few dodges so I’d rather have more instant boons like extra stab from dolyack so you are not reliant on the elite for it. Also another possible variation could use essence of speed with quickening zephyr for more boons but lightning reflexes with second skin is really good too, thing is if your using zephyr speed I would actually take essence of speed all the time and for second skin I would just take the axe trait so that axe + dps in general would be better for team fights. Lastly protect me is one of the better shouts but if u don’t need the stun break u can also go Guard which is very useful for any other situations and if u need to be tankier try a different rune though strength should be fine most matches. Hopefully that helps