New to the game and loving it.

Hey guys I am New to the game! I play a Sylvari Ranger named Lady Telassia. I am loving the game so far but dont know any one on here. I tried it out because I am tired of WoW and this popped up on my news feed on FB... so far I am level 39 and was wondering if any one would like to friend and group up some time? I am pretty active.

Welcome and have a blast leveling. The first time is always the sweetest (though future experience is right up there thanks to class variety).

2 small notes:A.) you might want to tell people if you are on NA or EUB.) take a look at the Looking For Guild subforum on there forums (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/looking-for-guild)

Also keep an eye out for guild advertisements in central hub cities (Lion's Arch, Divinities Reach, etc.)

Holy smokes. Cyninja was just welcoming you and giving you a bit of friendlly advice. You can only play with people on the same server park as you, so if you're in the US you can only play with others in the US. If you're in EU you can only play with others in the EU. By editing your post, it will be easier for people to know if they can play with you. I didn't see anything wrong with the post you're referring to.

I was assuming a mod just removed a post in-between my advice and the second response. Otherwise, wow, I certainly did not come here to pick on new players. My advice was genuine just meant to help.

As Vayne mentioned, NA and EU is of significance because it actually affects who you can play with. Feel free to not follow it, but it will lead to problems when you suddenly realize that you can't actually play with other people due to zone restrictions.

The advice to check the appropriate subforum and keep eyes open for guild recruitments was because that is the most efficient way to get to know people and join guilds, and there is guilds often recruiting, especially in hub cities.

Well, as they used to say: that escalated quickly!

We are all fellow gamers here, there is no need to be hostile to one another. Especially not as an introduction of yourself. People who frequent the forums like to offer help wherever they feel it would be welcome. You are new here and if you stay on, you'll soon get used to the general helpfulness of the community.

I wish you great adventures and many friends in the game.