My Account

How will we access 'My Account' once the original forums are removed? This is an important link that seems to have been forgotten here on these forums. It might be difficult to direct players to that site page with no link here.

I've saved/bookmarked the page; I'd suggest others do so, as well just in case it is some time before a link, or some other navigation is offered.

Also, the forum link on the Support site page links to the old forums, rather than the new ones. (I was checking to see if one could access 'My Account' from there; alas, no go.)

To be fair if I didn't normally visit the forum and came to the GW2 site wanting to access my game account page I wouldn't ever think to go to the forum first, I'd expect a link somewhere on the main site. (As it is I did normally go to the forum and use that link, but only because I came to the forum all the time anyway.)

It might be helpful to add an account link to the banner along the top, alongside Guildwars2.com, Forums, Support and Wiki. Except maybe hide it when you're on the Wiki since that uses separate accounts.

True, maybe, but I know we've seen many posts on the forums about things associated with 'My Account', like how to link GW and GW2 accounts, or whether certain content is active, etc., and it was easy to send them to the 'My Account' link (above).

Maybe it is more for veteran forum users; just like me, I hadn't thought of 'Services' when looking for 'My Account'. I think it's sort of like most people don't look in 'Services' for the 'Support' link, either.

Archived