Guardian Hammer is useless

Ogwom.7940

It might be the most useless weapon in the game right now...is there any other that's more useless than guardian hammer? Absolutely ZERO use anywhere...I miss using hammer on my guardian. :( Is any ANet member reading all this and thinking about doing anything about it or just helping us all and remove the weapon from our arsenal?

It's fun if you play guardian hammer at 80lvl while doing core story and exploring Central Tyria (I belive that every weapon it's good for leveling), but on 80lvl maps and end-game content it's just the worst weapon ever. Too slow. I hope some day hammer will get a rework and become a viable weapon to deal damage. Mace is much better as support and defensive weapon + you can wield additional shield, focus or torch.

@RUNICBLACK.7630 said:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:What a terrible weapon.
basrcgV.png

PvE number.

Were you asking what PvE numbers are like or implying that those PvE numbers? Because if it is the latter those damage numbers were refering to a Champion Tower Lord so as far as I can tell that has to be WvW

Fighting a Champion Mob in WvW may as well be a PvE number. Show me a 20k mighty blow on a player.

You can play core guardian with hammer in pvp and wvw. Core guard build recommendation is gs but hammer together with glacial heart is also very good. The mighty blow spike is instant unlike whirling wrath on gs so if you wanna give it a try i think it's pretty good. If not pvp then maybe make a build around high power low precision high vit and toughness in wvw and go roam. I really wouldnt call it useless tho.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

basrcgV.png

Pretty low dmg considering it's on a NPC and it's the only burst on the weapon and hammer provides no sustain, mobility etc in it's skills, it's slow, clunky and MB has a huge tell, good luck landing on a player outside of a precast and JI combo.

Not to mention, same setup with GS 2 would deal double that damage in the same cast time.

• Like 1

@"FrownyClown.8402" said:But what if you warded people into your traps?

You would be better served by sword/shield for instant knock back, banish has a 1 sec cast time and a 15sec CD with a huge tell and short range, the only thing it has, which is good for trolling only really is that banish works on downed players and punting them off a cliff in downstate can be fun.

Then use for second weapon you say? Still a no, as LB is the choice, 1/4sec cast time and 10sec CD on deflecting shot and it's also a 1,200 range skill and is also unblockable.

If you are talking about ring of warding to hold them into a trap, well, a single stack of stab or a port will get them out, and outside of test of faith, the other traps are pretty poor performers, so you would be using a sub par weapon to "try" and make use of sub par traps. It also has a 3/4sec cast time, huge tell, you are rooted for the whole cast, so actually trapping people is very hard again outside of precast and JI, and it also has a long 30sec CD.

@otto.5684 said:

basrcgV.png

Pretty low dmg considering it's on a NPC and it's the only burst on the weapon and hammer provides no sustain, mobility etc in it's skills, it's slow, clunky and MB has a huge tell, good luck landing on a player outside of a precast and JI combo.

Not to mention, same setup with GS 2 would deal double that damage in the same cast time.

And willing to bet being dmg on a Lord NPC, he was probably fully buffed with 25 stacks of might and lord probably had every debuff on it as well, making the numbers even less impressive.

Hammer has ceased to be useful for awhile.

The only builds that still use it are Core Guards trying to burst with it using a nerfed version of Radiant Hammer, or cheese DH builds which use Warding to lock people into their traps, but even then, any stability + evade can escape the Ward.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:Hammer is now probably the worst pvp/wvw weapon.

Yeah, it’s definitely lackluster. I mean, the only redeeming factor was its mighty/glacial blow being a high damage AoE with a low cooldown, but now that cooldown got bumped up... so even if you do get close, one dodge is all it takes for you to be a sitting duck for 10 seconds, unless you switch weapons. But in that case, aren’t you better off using any other weapon?