Question about add-ons and general play and resources

Aons.9701

Just started playing again - and finally found a weapon/class set up I'm enjoying and not struggling hard core (52 Ranger core axe/axe - GS).

I've seen some mention on add - ons and I've looked at the list on the wiki and I'm curious if there are any you would suggest to run!Currently I just have the core game and will look to buy the expansions come my next paycheck, but is there any huge benefit to doing map completion early on - or is it something I can just put to the side and do after I get 80 and mount? I'm dying with how slow I'll move through the map compared to some of the people on mounts that I see, if I didn't see how cool af some and how fast some of them go, I wouldn't really care, but now that I have I'm like oh man I just wanna rush to get that first Raptor!

Lastly, can any of yall recommend some good beginner youtube links or posts - I've looked up some stuff and I find myself just more confused than ever since I haven't played much and my highest level account is a 67 elementalist from.....the first year the game was out and I don't remember how to play it nor can I keep up with the elemental attunements at the moment.

Cheers!

When you buy an expansion, you also get extra character slot(s) and free boost-to-80 token.

What I did:

• got expansion
  • boosted new alt from 1 to 80
  • just did first Path of Fire mission to unlock basic Raptor
  • continue playing with other characters
  • boosted-to-80 character become extra bank space

I was never sorry I did it this way. Even just basic Raptor is veeeery good :)