Tempest or Core Ele support staff for ranked pvp after patch?

Wayne.6253

Tempest will be better then core it always has been for support but the healing and the target nerfs to overload maybe too much for the class to compete with other classes who heal and some other support where ele is just healing support. I think this update maybe the death of support ele.

@Jski.6180 said:Tempest will be better then core it always has been for support but the healing and the target nerfs to overload maybe too much for the class to compete with other classes who heal and some other support where ele is just healing support. I think this update maybe the death of support ele.

OP asked about pvp though. Nothing you mentioned after temp>core has relations to pvp.

@steki.1478 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Tempest will be better then core it always has been for support but the healing and the target nerfs to overload maybe too much for the class to compete with other classes who heal and some other support where ele is just healing support. I think this update maybe the death of support ele.

OP asked about pvp though. Nothing you mentioned after temp>core has relations to pvp.

I think he implied that support in general won't be that good in pvp. Personally I think support will be fine. I expect that staff and warhorn will beat out focus for support tempest. Blasting water fields will be valuable again

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

I think he implied that support in general won't be that good in pvp. Personally I think support will be fine. I expect that staff and warhorn will beat out focus for support tempest. Blasting water fields will be valuable again

Tempest wasnt that good of a support to begin with. However, water/earth/tempest (vs power) and water/fire/tempest (vs condi) with d/f might get more popularity since it has decent aoe damage reduction (a lot of prot and frost aura in earth/water) / condi cleanse (from fire and water traits) and it received just a few minor nerfs to non-heal support stuff. Nothing will still be able to compare to fb due to massive utility it brings though.

@steki.1478 said:

Tempest wasnt that good of a support to begin with. However, water/earth/tempest (vs power) and water/fire/tempest (vs condi) with d/f might get more popularity since it has decent aoe damage reduction (a lot of prot and frost aura in earth/water) / condi cleanse (from fire and water traits) and it received just a few minor nerfs to non-heal support stuff. Nothing will still be able to compare to fb due to massive utility it brings though.

Yeah hard to say what builds will be good. I've got like 5 I wanna test on ele alone lol