[Ranked] Reduce rank required to queue ranked games.

If you are playing on a new account and want to queue ranked in a relatively short lapse of time which i guess most people do, why the kitten would you require players to reach rank 20 in order to participate in ranked games ?It's not hard to reach rank 20 don't get me wrong but the pain it will take to get there not mentioning having to deal with "relax dude it's unranked" kind ofcasuals is just irritating.A good tradeoff would be to reduce it to rank 10.There is nothing that defines skill difference between a rank 10 and a rank 20 besides the fact a rank 10 might be a bot.Once again i've seen rank 20 bots so the "rank 20 prevents botting" argument is invalid.

Please fix this.

@Ragnar.4257 said:Having a Police force doesn't mean there is 0 crime.Having airbags doesn't mean 0 people die in car crashes.

Just because something doesn't 100% prevent a bad thing, doesn't mean it isn't worth doing to reduce it 95%.

That's a bit radical comparison while the solution is not about policing but rather changing a few lines of code in order to improve matchmaking for better quality of life.

Also why do you make allusions to crime and car accidents ? I'm curious.

@"The Light In The Darkness.6742" said:

@"Ragnar.4257" said:Having a Police force doesn't mean there is 0 crime.Having airbags doesn't mean 0 people die in car crashes.

Just because something doesn't 100% prevent a bad thing, doesn't mean it isn't worth doing to reduce it 95%.

That's a bit radical comparison while the solution is not about policing but rather changing a few lines of code in order to improve matchmaking for better quality of life.

You said that "rank 20 prevents botting" argument is invalid.

By the same logic, having police and airbags would be invalid, because they don't "prevent" the problem they're addressing either.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:Having a Police force doesn't mean there is 0 crime.Having airbags doesn't mean 0 people die in car crashes.

You said that "rank 20 prevents botting" argument is invalid.

By the same logic, having police and airbags would be invalid, because they don't "prevent" the problem they're addressing either.

Excuse me but police and airbags have no correlation. If everyone drives correctly in a 95% hypothesis accident probability simulation 100% of the time neither police nor airbags would be needed.But for pete's sake let's not talk about vehicles when the topic is ranked matches

@"Ragnar.4257" said:It's called an analogy mate.

It's just highlighting that your assertion that "because there are still some bots, we should remove the control which reduces bots" is a stupid argument.

I think you misunderstood my point.There is currently a rank 20 required to queue ranked games.Lowering the rank required to queue ranked games to 10 would allow faster accessibility to ranked games while at the same time preserving the current state of match manipulation level.It will not impact match manipulation.It will only impact the faster accessibility to ranked games with no drawbacks because bots are already present.

@"Ragnar.4257" said:It's called an analogy mate.

It's just highlighting that your assertion that "because there are still some bots, we should remove the control which reduces bots" is a stupid argument.

I think you misunderstood my point.There is currently a rank 20 required to queue ranked games.Lowering the rank required to queue ranked games to 10 would allow faster accessibility to ranked games while at the same time preserving the current state of match manipulation level.It will not impact match manipulation.It will only impact the faster accessibility to ranked games with no drawbacks because bots are already present.

But you have already stated. "It's not hard to reach rank 20 don't get me wrong", so how much faster does it need to be?

@"The Light In The Darkness.6742" said:If you are playing on a new account and want to queue ranked in a relatively short lapse of time which i guess most people do, why the kitten would you require players to reach rank 20 in order to participate in ranked games ?It's not hard to reach rank 20 don't get me wrong but the pain it will take to get there not mentioning having to deal with "relax dude it's unranked" kind ofcasuals is just irritating.A good tradeoff would be to reduce it to rank 10.There is nothing that defines skill difference between a rank 10 and a rank 20 besides the fact a rank 10 might be a bot.Once again i've seen rank 20 bots so the "rank 20 prevents botting" argument is invalid.

Please fix this.

In short: No, never! At least not according to this suggestion. :-)

And first and foremost, the currently required rank should not or less serve to counteract BOTS. Instead, it should be used to help new players "learn" before they really (excuse me, I have to laugh myself when I say "really") start playing. If it was up to me, I would even increase the requirement (Rank 40+). ANet should, in my opinion, create a possibility to reduce or even completely remove this restriction via Gems-Store.

Oops, suddenly one has even created income through PvP. ANet, ... look over here. ;-)

PS: Enclosed, your suggestion sounds quite selfish (because it's a personal concern to give an advantage even if other players would also benefit from it or welcome it).

PPS: We need new "willing and able to learn" players, not the thousandth new account from the same player(s).

@"The Light In The Darkness.6742" said:If you are playing on a new account and want to queue ranked in a relatively short lapse of time which i guess most people do, why the kitten would you require players to reach rank 20 in order to participate in ranked games ?It's not hard to reach rank 20 don't get me wrong but the pain it will take to get there not mentioning having to deal with "relax dude it's unranked" kind ofcasuals is just irritating.A good tradeoff would be to reduce it to rank 10.There is nothing that defines skill difference between a rank 10 and a rank 20 besides the fact a rank 10 might be a bot.Once again i've seen rank 20 bots so the "rank 20 prevents botting" argument is invalid.

Please fix this.

When you are playing under rank 20, you are playing vs and with people in the same boat, as far as I can tell from my experience.

Honestly it was one of the more enjoyable pvp experiences for me, since I was literally farming people outside of their spawn. Not fun for them sure, but was quite fun for me... So I'm not sure why you are upset, you are literally living a power fantasy under rank 20.

Please fix this.

NO.

• Increase minimum rank.
  • Exclude FTP from ranked.