How the fuck can you release Sb and scourge?

dani.1956

Honestly those builds are complete lures working as intended. ANet wanted to sell PoF to maximum effect. As we all know most of the GW2 players, are some of the most non competitive gamers on the market. Thus this type of marketing strategy, works perfect for this type of targeted audience.

You don't play GW2 to test your skills. You play GW2 to have the most casual, MMO experience offered on the market. No gear grinds. Game basically plays for you. Broken overpowered specs, you can use to effortlessly stomp better skilled players, who are not using it into the ground. And so on.

Why do you still act surprised at this point?

@Frostwolve.2916 said:Yes.. yesss. Let the hate flow through you. Mm your misery fills my hunger

your misery fills your life!i play scourge too 500k + dmg each game 90% win rate! Tyvm troll, you made my day!

And saw last night a well known streamer, no1 team places in THE WORLD getting rekt by scourge :))!

@dani.1956 said:

@Frostwolve.2916 said:Yes.. yesss. Let the hate flow through you. Mm your misery fills my hunger

your misery fills your life!i play scourge too 500k + dmg each game 90% win rate! Tyvm troll, you made my day!

And saw last night a well known streamer, no1 team places in THE WORLD getting rekt by scourge :))!

You would no nothing of my misery serpent.

Anyway scourge is going to be nerfed everyone knows that.You saw the number one team getting wrecked and enjoyed it?? Pot calling the kettle black no? And I'm not trolling it's funny as kitten to read all these rants. Like a-net are perfect and realeased broken specs on purpose.

There's no better way to find out where mechanics are strong than by releasing a polished version to the public and letting them whine and cry until glaring issues come to the fore.

Remember, they tried using a focus group to find out if they could streamline the new player experience and it turned into "press X to entertain cow".

They did alright. There's no way to get it perfect without relying on accurate feedback from people who are in no way obligated to even give it. Eventually the specs that are overpowered right now will get hit much too hard by the nerf bat, all the other specs will be satisfied, and the people who suddenly find it much harder to play will then take it upon themselves to gut everyone else.

@dani.1956 said:

Can you share his channel please

@Maelzrael.8142 said:All I know is spellbreakers can easily take on 2-3 people at once and WIN.. at the same skill rating. So hopefully a balance patch is coming soon, because as I am learning to play around these classes on my deadeye, it seems a little overpowered and not very fun to fight against.

This isn't really true, since most of the videos have 1 Spellbreaker vs at least 1 other Spellbreaker. By your logic, the Spellbreaker with friends should win.

@Maelzrael.8142 said:All I know is spellbreakers can easily take on 2-3 people at once and WIN.. at the same skill rating. So hopefully a balance patch is coming soon, because as I am learning to play around these classes on my deadeye, it seems a little overpowered and not very fun to fight against.

I want to "surprise" you and say this is nothing special as there are so many bad players that just can't adapt to these new specs that really bring considerable power to a class that wasn't so great in the past:

On 2 or 3 times, I was facing an enemy controlled point with at 4 or even 5 enemies sitting on it. I , scourge, just let a teammate run up front as a decoy, not doing much but causing some chaos, I put down 2 wells so strip boons and stack vulnerability and the sand shade, and wait a bit for the wells to have some impact then i just blow all the staff AOE skills and blow all shades, and if necesary switch to scepter / torch and do torch 5 and 4 on top of that

Needless to say I down at least 3 enemies with this combo (mostly cuz hurr durr, most people are retarded and don't get out of the wells or area of the shade, it's like the fuqtards are glued to the point), and one time I could do this all by myself 1v3 and ended up killing two before soem teammate joined me and was able to finish off the third guy.

Yes scourge is strong, but scourge is as strong as the stupidity in the enemy players.

Go around the scourge, kite him or just ignore and focus on the other two points he does not defend himself. If a point is yours already you can defend by standing outside also, let the scourge put his aoe on the point regardless and kite him from outside, with some focus you should be able to get him down before he captures the point. Good positioning helps really much against them.

Generally, if you are not brick-st00pid you can give scourges a hard time. Of course when you face more than 1 scourge the bullsh1t gets real.To improve things, arenanet should matchmaking only allow for 1 of each class in a pvp team.

@StormscalE.2874 said:

I want to "surprise" you and say this is nothing special as there are so many bad players that just can't adapt to these new specs that really bring considerable power to a class that wasn't so great in the past:

On 2 or 3 times, I was facing an enemy controlled point with at 4 or even 5 enemies sitting on it. I , scourge, just let a teammate run up front as a decoy, not doing much but causing some chaos, I put down 2 wells so strip boons and stack vulnerability and the sand shade, and wait a bit for the wells to have some impact then i just blow all the staff AOE skills and blow all shades, and if necesary switch to scepter / torch and do torch 5 and 4 on top of that

Needless to say I down at least 3 enemies with this combo (mostly cuz hurr durr, most people are kitten and don't get out of the wells or area of the shade, it's like the fuqtards are glued to the point), and one time I could do this all by myself 1v3 and ended up killing two before soem teammate joined me and was able to finish off the third guy.

Yes scourge is strong, but scourge is as strong as the stupidity in the enemy players.

Go around the scourge, kite him or just ignore and focus on the other two points he does not defend himself. If a point is yours already you can defend by standing outside also, let the scourge put his aoe on the point regardless and kite him from outside, with some focus you should be able to get him down before he captures the point. Good positioning helps really much against them.

Generally, if you are not brick-st00pid you can give scourges a hard time. Of course when you face more than 1 scourge the bullsh1t gets real.To improve things, arenanet should matchmaking only allow for 1 of each class in a pvp team.

Let me kite them with 20 seconds of cripple MEGALUL

So unlike the people above me that are howling and foaming at the mouth over Scourge, I'll actually put in some constructive criticism.

1. Since I main auramancer I will say this: You need some form of condi cleansing class. As someone that alternates and gravitates more between the small support builds Firebrands doesn't do the job unless you have impeccable timing. It can heal, condi cleanse, etc. Not as frequently or bursty as what we need now to combat against a Scourge.

2. Now for actual scourge talk. Again, from a Tempest persepctive: Scourge takes a longer time to kill me. Mind you I gravitates between plat 1 down to gold 2-3 constantly (and also I'm lazy) so I am fairly decent about my rotations. I can cleanse through a decent amount of their burst.

3. One of my biggest gripes with them: Complete area denial. Now I am not sure if it was because of a big shade or because multiple mini ones but they completely prevent players from doing their job as a class. Every other bunker besides maybe Firebrand (big maybe) cannot stay on the point for long with busting major CDs. S smart team will wait for the shades to finish or kite, but at that point they have a decent amount of points under their belts. You constantly have to rotate in some other manner because you are playing around how aggressive or how mobile the scourge wants to be. One class, you have to focus on their playstyle at AT ALL times. Couple that with a decent mesmer/thief or either really, and you might as well pack it in.

4. Horribly overtuned. In many of my duo matches me and my partner either ended up with at least two other Scourges besides himself. He's been playing necro since beta, so I wasn't surprised that he wanted to try out scourge. Let me tell you, you either roflestomp your match or lose horribly because the team, as a whole, are not up to par against the other team (with case by case exceptions, again I'm not here to blame my team, we all play a role in the loss).

5. Mid fight is almost pointless to walk into because now it's a game of: Which scourge is gonna drop their burst first and how fast. You are forced to wait out the shades that last for quite a deal of time. I do not have the exact number off the top of my head, but it is long enough to create an impact on the conquest mode as a whole.

Overall: I more dislike the fact that I cannot essential do my job as the bunker and the healer. It is almost necessary to have either a ranger or another long ranged class to kite out the scourge. We should not have to build comps for scourge. We should not have to pay attention to the scourge's playstyle in order figure out how to rotate alone. Keeping an eye on a mesmer or a thief that's fine because they mobile that is perfectly okay. But having to watch my map because of three scourge's and wracking my brain on how to separate in almost every match is not a healthy spec. That is almost as bad as of denial as ventari bunker but now it has a Condi brethren. I really can't say much about the Condi because I've long since given up that argument, so all I can say is:, Shades radius needs to be shrunk majorly, or they need to have an internal cool down so that they are only allowed to put down one or two shades at most. I'd try two, but if it's still too much area denial than knock it down to one.

It's almost like the meta needs to shift around the new specs...

Like, you know, maybe Ranger comes in as a meta class? Or even Rifle gets used on whomever can use it?

It's true, Scourge craps all over the HoT meta (both classes and playstyle). But it's not without answers that were already in the game. Those answers weren't meta before, but maybe they should be considered now. Like, maybe more fighting between points should happen? Intercept a Scourge before it gets to the point and the shades are nearly worthless.

Spellbreaker, I will admit I don't have enough experience with to know how to appropriately counter them. Their defenses are just too absolute IMO.

@cursE.1794 said:

@Dani.1956 said:How the kitten can you release Sb and scourge?

Because it creates hilarious situations like this one: I was on thief and one of the opponents relogged to thief because of me. So I went warrior... check the screen for the rest of the story ^^

You should honestly post this on the Reddit. Lol

@dani.1956 said:No tests nothing? Gazelle ranger bugged no test nothing?Fire yourself test team or who wanted the $ from us with this broken kitten!And to be honest, 5 years ago 2013 at launch gw2 was more e-sports than it ever was!

As rough it may sound. OP makes some good points. We do expect better testing for paid expansions. GW2 generally offers great value for what we pay, but qualitity of content has been poor lately.

@Frostwolve.2916 said:

@dani.1956 said:

You would no nothing of my misery serpent.

Anyway scourge is going to be nerfed everyone knows that.You saw the number one team getting wrecked and enjoyed it?? Pot calling the kettle black no? And I'm not trolling it's funny as kitten to read all these rants. Like a-net are perfect and realeased broken specs on purpose.

They did better balance in GW1, to be honest. Which is surprising, because it was probably a harder game to balance given the secondary profession mechanic.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

This isn't really true, since most of the videos have 1 Spellbreaker vs at least 1 other Spellbreaker. By your logic, the Spellbreaker with friends should win.

If there are multiple people attacking the same spellbreaker, they're not going to be able to avoid triggering full counter. The lone spellbreaker only has to worry about his own attacks triggering it, and so can avoid doing so.

This expansion didn't have a 2 week beta weekend like HoT with dedicated feedback threads with frequent developer communication and changes based on feedback.

They sold you an untested and unfinished product, because they know most people in this day and age are willing to be beta testers while paying the full price of a release state game.

Archived