1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 The Pace of the Game come 25th

Eurantien.4632

Just please, for the love of Melandru. Do not complain about me just autoattacking you to death with longbow, or axe autos. It will LITERALLY be because all my other skills will be on CD and swapping back to GS with its increased CDs wont be worth it yet. And now that soulbeast only gets 1 pet... or if I'm forced to play core, I am losing out on a lot of buttons I could have been pressing before.

I'm sorry for the autoattack spam. It's just how it's gonna be until you randomly dodge, then I'll press some more buttons.

Thanks for listening to this PSA.

Sincerely,Ranger mains (and everything else with ranged autos)

@Odik.4587 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Nah u forgot about the new op incoming thief rifle 2- ppl just gonna use that instead of autos for DeadeyeMalificent seven - kneel - (possibly precast 4 for blindspam and projectile destruction and be safe from any kind of counter pressure) 2222222222 f2 1 and repeat until its dead

Please count the initiative with and without rifle 4.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Nah u forgot about the new op incoming thief rifle 2- ppl just gonna use that instead of autos for DeadeyeMalificent seven - kneel - (possibly precast 4 for blindspam and projectile destruction and be safe from any kind of counter pressure) 2222222222 f2 1 and repeat until its dead

Please count the initiative with and without rifle 4.That was intentional exaggeration, I could write it 222222222222222222222222222222222222 so the message would be clear (apparently not for you) that this skill is ridiculously dumb and would be spammed like no tomorrow (until malice is full of course)

@Odik.4587 said:

Please count the initiative with and without rifleThat was intentional exaggeration, I could write it 222222222222222222222222222222222222 so the message would be clear (apparently not for you) that this skill is ridiculously dumb and would be spammed like no tomorrow (until malice is full of course)

Now explain why it will be spammed now when it wasn't before.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Now explain why it will be spammed now when it wasn't before.

I have no idea what his reasons are, but I think it will be spammed because it is buffed in the patch.Exactly. Immob goes from 1 to 1.5s.Some annoying DE's used smoke wall and spam 2 through it to blind/immob me constantly while capping malice and either F2 into stealth DJ or dodge and proceed to stealth and prepare for the burst. There is no golden standart for them "how to play"

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Now explain why it will be spammed now when it wasn't before.

I have no idea what his reasons are, but I think it will be spammed because it is buffed in the patch.

You mean the extra half a second? I really dont think that's going to warrant people spamming it now.Are thief mains intentionally "pretend to be silly"(normal words could cause a warning lol) and be like "owo what's this" ? You guys leaving an impression like you dont even know your own class. No wonder Sind solely define the meta for thieves.Why spammable ~1500 range immobilize would be bad? Why CI immob on interrupt was bad then?As my friend just said "Reeeeee immob on interrupt is too strong. But it is not strong on my weapon set :)"

@Odik.4587 said:

I have no idea what his reasons are, but I think it will be spammed because it is buffed in the patch.

You mean the extra half a second? I really dont think that's going to warrant people spamming it now.Are thief mains intentionally "pretend to be silly"(normal words could cause a warning lol) and be like "owo what's this" ? You guys leaving an impression like you dont even know your own class. No wonder Sind solely define the meta for thieves.Why spammable ~1500 range immobilize would be bad? Why CI immob on interrupt was bad then?As my friend just said "Reeeeee immob on interrupt is too strong. But it is not strong on my weapon set :)"

Wait, what? Who said it was bad to spam 1500 rang immob. If I wanted to spam it, I would spam it, just saying the .5 sec wouldn't suddenly give me the erge spam it now, or after the patch.

Funny thing is, people tried sa theif years ago in pvp "stealth is bad, you cant contest nodes, and it becomes 4v5 if you cant do anything" sind plays it and its meta lol

pewpewpewpew with laser tracking and speed of light from other side of the map? Its fine, healthy gameplayHaving actual CDs and being nerfed JUST LIKE ALL OTHER CLASSES ? Wtf ANet, HOW DARE YOU!

Relax, adapt, overcome or just leave the game/change your class if you cant handle balance.

@Odik.4587 said:

Actually I meant rifle 2 w/o kneel as it’ll do a good bit more damage than autos

Yep, this is another reason I made that thread on cooldowns. Aside from the fact that the belief increasing cooldowns reduces spam is a myth that can be logically demonstrated to be false, it also creates boring slow play. That's actually the biggest concern with this patch, is that it could end up making the game less fluid and just overall less fun.

And since these CD increases are all splits, it's also going to severely discourage PvE'rs from trying PvP only to find out that they have to completely relearn the muscle memory of all their weapon skill CDs. It's just an annoying and overall bad change for the game that is going to completely fail to accomplish its stated goals. If it wasn't for the fact that the rest of the balance patch besides the random CD increases is right on the money, this would actually be a very bad update.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:And since these CD increases are all splits, it's also going to severely discourage PvE'rs from trying PvP only to find out that they have to completely relearn the muscle memory of all their weapon skill CDs.

meh, its annoying at first but something that anyone can adapt to. only having damage be the difference between pve and pvp is ideal but unfortunately some skills are too ridiculous.